PDA

View Full Version : "Shot indicating targets"

pmer
05-28-2011, 08:05 AM
http://www.tannerite.com/

I was wondering if anyone has tried this stuff. On the video at the gun shop they were exploding.. er I mean shot indicating the heck out of stuff. You have to hit it with a rifle shot to set it off.

I had to pick up some and am going to try it today.

oneokie
05-28-2011, 09:38 AM
If you watched the tv show "Top Shot" you would have seen the stuff used.

Gunload Master
05-28-2011, 11:16 AM
I've used it quite a bit and the 1 pounders are incredble! You will definatly get some onlookers if you take some up to the range.

pmer
05-30-2011, 12:41 AM
It was quite a spectical. I had a one pound and a half pound and stuck them in a old wood pile one at a time. I shot from about 60 yards. The blast over shadowed the sound of the 223 and the second time a peice of wood flew about 40' in the air. I thought it was pretty good bang for the buck and will have to try some more sometime.

Shepherd2
05-30-2011, 11:10 AM
Quite as bit of Tannerite was used yesterday at the Ft. Harmar Rifle Club (Marietta, OH) Historical Military Gun Match (aka machine gun shoot). They put on quite a show and are very liberal with the Tannerite in both the number and size of the charges. It's amazing how high it can propel a car hood or trunk lid when it goes off.

It's quite a treat to see those automatic weapons in action. It gets pretty noisy with all the guns going off and the Tannerite exploding.

If you are in the area there is another "match" October 30th.

nighthunter
05-30-2011, 10:52 PM
you can do a GOOGLE search for "Tannerite" and get info to make your own cheaply. They claim it is legal to make and posess.

Nighthunter

stubshaft
05-31-2011, 04:14 AM
Great stuff to play with and very stable until you mix it.

Omnivore
06-01-2011, 08:17 PM
I've used up a case or two of it. Fun stuff. Similar in its properties to Boomerite (see Boomershoot).

BTW; they're called "reactive targets" describing any target that reacts to the hit so as to give the shooter the feedback as confirmation. Water jugs are a perennial favorite, as an example, or eggs, steel cans, water baloons, clay targets, et al.

1Shirt
06-05-2011, 08:18 AM
Just my opinion, but think it is a gee wiz type of thing, and I would rather spend my coins of powder and primers.
1Shirt!:coffeecom