PDA

View Full Version : Mountain Mold Dan

ColColt
05-27-2011, 10:59 PM
Does anyone know Dan of Mountain Molds? I've tried emailing him several times about a mold we discussed and no answer. Makes me wonder if something's wrong.

RobS
05-27-2011, 11:34 PM
I definately hope nothing is wrong, he has been great for the world of custom mold makers. How long have you been trying to contact him?

ColColt
05-28-2011, 11:18 AM
The last time I wrote was three days ago to find out if he'd received my money order. Before that I had last written the 18th of this month.

SharpsShooter
05-28-2011, 11:27 AM
Dan does not usually answer email. He says if he is doing email, he is not cutting moulds. I would not be concerned fro the next 6 weeks or so. One day your mould will appear in the mail.:D

SS

ColColt
05-28-2011, 11:37 AM
The last mold I ordered from Dan we corresponded 4-5 times. I was just concerned about the possibility of mail getting lost and his not receiving my money order. Having had that happened before and a credit card compromised this year I wanted to check if it had been received. These days, anything can happen. I think rapport is important enough when you're ordering anything.

Dutch4122
05-28-2011, 11:58 AM
I get the impression that Dan probably has to "drive in to town" to pick up his mail and ship out completed orders. I'll bet this is a once every couple of weeks, or once a month kind of routine. It may just be that he hasn't picked up his mail yet and may be too busy with other things to respond to emails right now.

RobS
05-28-2011, 12:27 PM
The last time I wrote was three days ago to find out if he'd received my money order. Before that I had last written the 18th of this month.

I've went a five or six days before without a response from Dan so it maybe that he is running around the clock making molds. The last mold I had him make up for me I sent in payment via PayPal and he responded back through email stating payment received and that was it. Then again I didn't send in a money order either so my circumstances are a bit different, less worrisome. I bet he get's back with you as I've never had him not return an email.

turbo1889
05-28-2011, 11:54 PM
So long as your not asking a dumb question or being obnoxious you will get a much quicker response from Dan by posting on his private forum that is attached to his web-site then contacting him by almost any other method.