PDA

View Full Version : What Do you think?

Arisaka99
05-27-2011, 01:21 PM
I am going to get an Encore, and I really like the looks of the stainless prohunter. I know its really no different than the regular one, but I like it. I would like to get a bunch of different barrels, but will probably stick with one for right now. I plan to get 270 Win or .22 hornet first and then slowly accumulate more. Now all I have to do is save up the rest of the $ to get it. What do you guys think?

Red River Rick
05-27-2011, 03:14 PM
Do they offer it chambered it in .50 BMG?

That'd be the way to go!

RRR

Arisaka99
05-27-2011, 03:53 PM
haha, I dont think so, the 375 will be bad enough!!! Im a wimp when it comes to recoil!!! :groner:

Doc Highwall
05-27-2011, 06:27 PM
Arisaka99, are you planning to shot cast bullets out of this?

lathesmith
05-27-2011, 07:04 PM
The main advantage of the Pro Hunter is the stock--it soaks up recoil better than the standard stock, especially one with just the thin butt pad. So if you like the hard-kickers--I'd say 50 BMG might qualify--better go with all the recoil reduction you can get!;)

lathesmith

Wayne Smith
05-27-2011, 08:04 PM
Chris, before you get one shoot mine and load some of my 45-70 brass up hot with the 420 gr boolit - I have a few cast. You can handle the recoil! Remember the Arisaka with the steel buttplate with the screw sticking out! This will be a picknic compared to that.

Then shoot some 50 S&W in my other barrel. You will realize why I like rimmed cartridges in a single shot. Do this before you commit to a cartridge. I think Irv still has his in either 270 or 7mm Mag too. That has the 26" barrel, both of mine are 20". These two will give you some significant experience both with cartridges and with different barrel lengths.

Arisaka99
05-29-2011, 09:50 PM
Ok wayne, sounds good. Im just happy that I can get another gun!!! We need to call Irv and have him go to the range with us. I will possibly shoot cast out of it, I will want to swage if I get the .22 hornet. There is a surplus of .22 LR brass around, Im positive about that!! [smilie=l: It depends on what cals I get and how hard they are to cast/ reload for.