PDA

View Full Version : Holster choice: do I have this right?

Jim
05-27-2011, 09:49 AM
Being "wrong" handed cuts down on holster choices for me. I've been researching a nice holster for my Ruger P345. On the sites where my pistol is listed, the other models listed with it that fit the same holster include theP89, P90, P91, P94 and P95.

If I find a holster that fits the 89, 90, 91, 94 and 95, but doesn't list the 345, does that mean the holster will fit my 345?

I found THIS (http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/default.aspx?productNumber=771753) at Midway and that's why I'm asking.

Frank
05-27-2011, 11:54 AM
A reviewer says it doesn't fit the P95 even though Bianchi states that it does. If they don't even state your model, then what are the chances? Check the ruger forum.

markinalpine
05-27-2011, 02:37 PM
Whatever you get, keep it away from Dolly! :bigsmyl2:

Mark :coffee:

Jim
05-27-2011, 05:23 PM
Yeah, really! That made me smile, Mark. Thanks.

rintinglen
05-28-2011, 01:19 PM
32851having a few odd ball guns myself, I can appreciate your dilemma. I learned to make my own leather holsters and have been doing so for years now. A copy of Al Stohlman's "how to Make Holsters" and a reasonable size hunk of 6-7 ounce leather will run you leave you change from a fifty dollar bill. Some sinew (what you and I would call heavy-duty thread), an edging tool, some sand paper, a stitching fork, a couple of harness needles, a bottle of dye and a pair of tin snips to cut the leather are the only other things you need to make a holster. An old file folder, a pencil, and a pair of scissors are good for making the pattern. Constructing a holster is a neat "gun-ny" thing to do on those evenings when there is nothing worth watching and you have an hour or two to kill.
The designs in Stohlmans book are out dated, but the construction and finishing techniques and the pattern making pages are well worth the money.
Pictured above in the center is a pancake holster for a Taurus Tracker, next to it is a similar holster for a PPK,above and to the right is one for a Star Firestar, while at the bottom are a couple of thumbbreaks, one for a J-frame smith and one for a Sig Sauer P-220. If I can do It, most any body with ten fingers and a modicum of mechanical sense can as well.

cabezaverde
05-28-2011, 09:43 PM
Something I have wanted to try.