PDA

View Full Version : KIK 1F Revisited!

RMulhern
05-26-2011, 10:15 PM
You guys that have read my prior threads concerning testing of the KIK 1F and me not being able to get it to work for me....if I've given you the impression that it's not worth trying....DISREGARD my data!

I went back out this afternoon under decent conditions with my proven powder which has been Swiss 1F and from 800 yards it didn't do a damn bit better for me....and I have shot some very decent groups on previous occasions with the same load I shot today! I don't know what's going on as my vision is good and holding is good as well!

I think I'm going to take a break from BPCR for a while!:holysheep:oops::takinWiz:

Don McDowell
05-26-2011, 11:06 PM
Well Rick it's sorta like getting bucked off ol Dobbin. You need to catch up those reins, get the saddle straightened back up, grab the horn and swing back aboard.

RMulhern
05-27-2011, 12:13 AM
Ole Dobbin...has been a tuff sumbeech lately!!

Don McDowell
05-27-2011, 12:30 AM
Well it's spring, green grass always makes a little sassy.
Float his teeth, curry him down good,get a fresh blanket and don't ride to tight of a cinch.

Lead pot
05-27-2011, 12:33 AM
You will get it worked out. A rifle just dont quit shooting unless you left some of the red man juice in the bore after blowing the tube :-?

waksupi
05-27-2011, 12:38 AM
I'll be darned if I can explain such things, either. I have rifles and pistols that consistently shoot well day to day, then on an off day, neither myself, or anyone else can hit anything with them. Then they come back in sync in a period of time. Voodoo? Global warming? Radon pockets? Who knows?

RMulhern
05-27-2011, 12:43 AM
Well it's spring, green grass always makes a little sassy.
Float his teeth, curry him down good,get a fresh blanket and don't ride to tight of a cinch.

Naw...I'm gonna kick the sumbeech in the belly and jerk the girt strap all at the same time!!:drinks:

Lead pot
05-27-2011, 01:03 AM
Naw Waksupi it's a personality thing with them. I think my rifles must understand me when I talk to them.
When I tell them that I will use them for firewood and a jack handle they start shooting straight again.

Don McDowell
05-27-2011, 09:32 AM
Well Rick we both know it's probably something simple that's got it all buggered up, and I figure you'll have it back to shooting like it should in short order..

martinibelgian
05-29-2011, 11:12 AM
Like cases too long... That one had me scratching my head for a while - a good group developing when all of a sudden, a few shots far out for no good reason, and at random intervals. Drove me almost nuts - untill you find it.

Lead pot
05-29-2011, 02:18 PM
I was shooting some bad fliers these last few days and when I got home i was cleaning the rifle I had a tight patch and was palming the cleaning rod through and all of a sudden the front sight fell on the floor. The lock screw loosened up.
I wonder how long that thing has been moving around? just 1 or 2 thousands that thing moving back and forth will make a load look bad.

Don McDowell
05-29-2011, 07:26 PM
I know the feeling.[smilie=1:

RMulhern
05-31-2011, 04:56 PM
I was shooting some bad fliers these last few days and when I got home i was cleaning the rifle I had a tight patch and was palming the cleaning rod through and all of a sudden the front sight fell on the floor. The lock screw loosened up.
I wonder how long that thing has been moving around? just 1 or 2 thousands that thing moving back and forth will make a load look bad.

Kurt

Only thing worse is if you're shooting 'fliers'....and the front sight DOESN'T FALL OFF!!:-?:confused::evil:

phatman
05-31-2011, 06:04 PM
If you were in Florida I would say check the humidity.
I've heard they guys down there use it as a major complaint.

Cheers, John

Lead pot
05-31-2011, 09:51 PM
I would think all that moisture would help

RMulhern
05-31-2011, 11:01 PM
I would think all that moisture would help

Everywhere except the chamber!