PDA

View Full Version : New tumbler

Cerberus
05-26-2011, 01:55 PM
I recently had to replace my Midway 1292 tumbler that self destructed. A friend had suggested a rotary tumbler from Harbor Frieght Tools but, the capacity was limited and I searched thier online listings for any other models and found they had a vibratory tumbler much like a Lyman or Frankfort Arsenal. It had the same size bowl, 9 2/4 in., as the dead Midway. The Chicago Tool vibratory tumbler is currently on sale at a Harbor Frieght store or online for $49.99 until 5/31/11.

steelworker
05-26-2011, 06:40 PM
I also looked at the HF tumbler. I was not impressed with the warranty. IIRC it was only 90 days. Of course, extra warranty was available for purchase. I ended up buying a tumbler kit for $71 or so from Midsouth. Tumbler has 3 yr warranty on the motor, and lifetime on the plastic. It also included the sifter, polish, and media. Its working just fine.

rtracy2001
05-26-2011, 08:42 PM
Check this out for info on the harbor freight tumbler.

All in all I am satisfied, but there are other options that are just as economical and many have much better warranty coverage.

http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=111336

dnotarianni
05-27-2011, 09:02 AM
Cabellas had a tumbler kit for $54 when I was there last week. Had tumbler, strainer, and media. Bought one last year and still happy with it

dave