PDA

View Full Version : Global Market no good for 310 dies

Ramslammer
05-25-2011, 03:52 AM
G'Day All
Today I had a EBAY bid on a set of 310 dies canceled because the seller didn't ship out of the USofA. What I can't understand is if it's legal and paid for in full why won't people ship international????? Not to offend anyone but there are other Countries out there not just America. Some of us would like to buy your stuff.
Juddy

Baron von Trollwhack
05-25-2011, 06:50 AM
It's the hassle for the sender and in some cases just not knowing if some eager beaver petty functionary is going to confiscate what one sends, leaving you to refund at a loss. The same reason why your local dealers buy limited goods. BvT

mactool
05-25-2011, 07:29 AM
My suggestion is to send them a copy of the ITAR regulations, and underline the clause that excemt reloading equipment from export control

Ramslammer
05-25-2011, 09:00 AM
G'Day All
Some people will send OK, in fact Rimfire off this forum sent me 32/20 dies not long ago.
Juddy

sav300
05-27-2011, 09:00 AM
Ramslammer. What 310 dies you looking for?Herbkay has a 8mm set,complete with handles.
I have bought several items from Herbkay and no problems

Junior1942
05-27-2011, 09:35 AM
It's the hassle for the sender and in some cases just not knowing if some eager beaver petty functionary is going to confiscate what one sends, leaving you to refund at a loss. .....That is 100% correct.

Char-Gar
05-27-2011, 10:37 AM
I have shipped molds, dies and other things to other countries. I don't find it a problem and is sometimes cheaper than shipping domestically. It involves filling out a stick-on customs declaration as to contents and value and that is all. The rest is up to the receiver.

These shipments can't be tracked or insured, so the receiver must understand that and accept the risk. My responsibility ends when I hand the item to the USPS.

Ramslammer
05-27-2011, 05:26 PM
sav 300
Just looking for anything I reload which is a few. Tried to get a set of .308 of a bloke but didn't happen. I've got seven metallic presses and three shotgun bolted down but the portability of a 310 interests me. One with a universal deprimer would be good for BPCR to knock out the primer before soaking the cases.
Juddy

uscra112
05-27-2011, 06:42 PM
As an EX evilBay seller, I can say that shipping overseas is indeed a pain if one lives any distance from a Post Office. That said, I did ship quite often to English speaking countries - the Yewkay, Australia, NZ, but had to cut off all bidders from continental Europe and especially S.E. Asia. The shenanigans I was subjected to would fill a book. If that seller has had anything like the experiences I did, I can't hardly blame them for just saying "the Heck with it" and limiting shipments to USA only.

Alvarez Kelly
05-28-2011, 07:22 PM
There is also the PayPal big brother protection society. If the buyer says they didn't get the item, and the seller can't show "tracking" to show they did, PayPal gives the buyer his money back. Guess how I know that. If I ship within the US by the USPS, I automatically get a tracking number when I buy postage online and use the flat rate boxes. You lose all that if you go international.

Forget Ebay. Buy you stuff from members on this board. Many will ship internationally without the headaches Ebay and PayPal bring on.

Best of luck in your pursuits. :-)

HeavyMetal
05-30-2011, 12:19 PM
I've shipped to Canada with minimal hassle ( it was much more than I thought it should be) and I've had Red River Rick ship me sprue plates, this had to be done twice on his end as the Canadian PO chewed up the first shipment but at least had the class to return the empty box to him!

PayPal is the real hassle here! I had a guy bid on two molds that was on Safari in Africa. He wanted the molds shipped to his brother here in California. I was thinking how cool is this!

Sadly PayPal's program only recognized the bidders shipping location as Africa and refused to let me change the ship to address or the joke of a shipping fee!

In the end he made payment directly through PayPal with out using the invoce program and all ended well.

So yes I fully understand why many would simply not put up with the BS and so should the OP. This is why there is a contact function on the E bay bid format!

Check before you bid, my safari guy did, and if it works it works.

For specific stuff the suggestion to post here makes a lot of sense.

justashooter
06-01-2011, 07:37 PM
if we send all of our reloading equipment to oz, what in the hell will we use?

Ramslammer
06-02-2011, 04:24 AM
justashooter
If we buy all your old stuff then you can replace with new, then we buy that and you get to do it again and again and again.
Juddy

sav300
06-02-2011, 08:37 AM
Ramslammer.Are you interested in lee hammer type dies? I have several stored in a box some where. Will find and let you know the calibres.

parrott1969
06-02-2011, 08:43 AM
I have items shipped outside the U.S. and to date I have had no problems. Everything ships with delivery confirmation.

Valley Forge
06-02-2011, 10:56 AM
Ramslammer - I don't think I have any extra dies but I may have an extra 310 tool if that would get you any closer to your goal. PM me if that would help.

justashooter
06-02-2011, 06:11 PM
justashooter
If we buy all your old stuff then you can replace with new, then we buy that and you get to do it again and again and again.
Juddy

maybe you want a tru-line turret press, then? i have a spare that takes 310 dies, and happens to be set up for god knows what with 4 dies.