PDA

View Full Version : Specialty bullets

Jamesconn
05-23-2011, 09:57 PM
I am going to be casting target loads and hollow points, but for my 30-06 I would like to purchase armor piercing bullets, and armor piercing incendiary and some tracers for my 9mm.
I am looking for a place to buy these

colonelhogan44
05-23-2011, 10:04 PM
Cool story, bro.

Love Life
05-23-2011, 10:13 PM
Cool story, bro.

^ should be nominated for the most helpful answer ever.^

OP are you asking where you can purchase these bullets at?

mooman76
05-23-2011, 10:47 PM
Try here. http://www.hi-techammo.com/

justingrosche
05-24-2011, 02:41 AM
rather ambious young man aren't you?
Best learn to walk before you run.

gray wolf
05-24-2011, 07:17 AM
I would look someplace else for those kind of bullets.

XWrench3
05-24-2011, 08:11 AM
Try gunbroker.com , weidners , and pats reloading supplies. Make sure the military stuff is legal first. In my location, none of it is.

deltaenterprizes
05-24-2011, 08:38 AM
Be real careful with the armor piercing incindary and tracer when shooting. The incindary are made to start fires and the tracers can do that also, be aware of burn bans in the area, Also be extra careful when loading also.

troy_mclure
05-24-2011, 09:15 AM
look in shotgun news as well.

Hardcast416taylor
05-24-2011, 10:07 AM
Cast up some bullets for the `06 out of straight Linotype or Monotype and water quench, that should be kinda close to an AP bullet and still be legal.Robert

Longwood
05-24-2011, 10:25 AM
Cast up some bullets for the `06 out of straight Linotype or Monotype and water quench, that should be kinda close to an AP bullet and still be legal.Robert

Put a drywall screw inside the bullet.:2gunsfiring_v1::shock::shock:[smilie=w:

If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much room.

troy_mclure
05-24-2011, 07:04 PM

ap bullets are perfectly legal, in a rifle.(subject to state laws of course)

1Shirt
05-29-2011, 11:14 PM
Am not a fan of tracers except for military use======period! AP has a place in the civilian world, for punching paper, and maybe for police use I guess, and maybe if the blts are cheap. Just my opinion!
1Shirt!:coffee:

fatelk
05-30-2011, 12:40 PM
Tracers may be cool, but they have extremely limited use. A couple years ago we were shooting some .223 tracers in a Mini 14. They were cheap because most of them would not ignite (actually never saw one trace). They were loaded with a light charge that shouldn't have lit them anyway- just using them for blasting ammo.

It had been raining and pouring the days before (springtime in eastern Oregon) so we thought we were safe. A few minutes after shooting 30 or 40 rounds, someone pointed out the smoke. We spent the next hour putting out a couple of fires that could have been bad.

Don't take any chances with tracers, and incendiary is even worse from what I've heard. In fact, be careful with AP too. I have a faded scar from a 30-06 AP bullet jacket that bounced back a long time ago. 30-06 black-tip AP is specifically exempted in federal law because it's so common, so it is legal (unless you have stricter state laws). The CMP sold off a few million rounds of it last year, and it went FAST.

Personally I have little use for any of it, but I'm not going to be telling people what they should or shouldn't do. Just be careful and make sure you're legal.