PDA

View Full Version : Adjustable Gasblocks

7br
05-22-2011, 09:19 PM
Just ordered an Low profile PRI adjustable gas block for my DPMS 20" barreled upper in 6.8. I am assuming a person runs the adjust all the way in and adjusts out until the rifle functions properly. My question is how sensitive is the adjustment? Is a quarter turn a lot, half, full turn?

madsenshooter
05-22-2011, 10:57 PM
Depends on the pressure you're running. The gas from a full power load will sneak through a very small opening, but the gas from a cast load may need a bigger opening. Even all the way closed, with a full power load my 6x45 will sometimes hiccup. It's one of those things you'll have to experiment with, then remember the settings.

nicholst55
05-23-2011, 01:01 AM
Just ordered an Low profile PRI adjustable gas block for my DPMS 20" barreled upper in 6.8. I am assuming a person runs the adjust all the way in and adjusts out until the rifle functions properly. My question is how sensitive is the adjustment? Is a quarter turn a lot, half, full turn?

Be sure to use a magazine to insure that the bolt locks back when you're adjusting the gas block. Don't ask me how much ammo I burned up before I realized that little gem of information... ;-)

82nd airborne
05-25-2011, 10:56 PM
You can make a finger adjustable knob with reference marks to replace the adjustment screw. A handy little improvement.