PDA

View Full Version : Update Xmas gag gift , I may have gone to far !!

Johnch
12-25-2006, 07:38 PM
Well I went over to Kim's mom's house this AM to open gifts
As soon as I got there I got grilled on JUST what was in THAT box [smilie=1:
I remained mum :twisted:

Well you could see the releif on her face when it turned out to be a candy ring
Her mother laughted , saying was trying to get her to say yes by apealing to her sweet tooth .

In a privite moment I told her I would gladly trade her that ring for another ( I had the other ring in my pocket)
She said a few sweet things and said just wait ..................and I may just get my wish one of these days .

I will keep asking and hoping

Johnch

shooter575
12-26-2006, 02:30 PM
Now this was some 35 years ago but a buddy had a long time girlfriend.He was at a woolworths store and saw a fake ring at the counter that didnt look too fake.But it did have the adjustable bottom.I beleave he said it costing 39 cents.He bought it and went across the street to a real jewlery shop and asked for a nice ring box.The jeweler ask him what for.He said he was giving it to his girlfriend as a joke gift for Christmas.He said "I would not do that" Anyway he did.She never took it out od the box but just ran up to everyone an showed it off thinking he is poping the question.He wasent.Things got REAL ugly after that! You know that guy has never goten married.

Boz330
12-27-2006, 09:44 AM
Women don't seem to grasp that sort of humor, for some reason.

AkMike
12-28-2006, 01:27 PM
I did something similar to 'Shooters' friend years ago. I got a lapel pin of a blue bunny holding 3 carrots. Then I got a fancy box and gave it to my GF for Christmas saying that I was sorry that it was onlt 3 carrots.

That didn't go over very well!

Ricochet
12-28-2006, 05:45 PM
I've done some really ******* things, but I know better than to try something like that.

NVcurmudgeon
12-29-2006, 01:35 AM
The biggest mistake men make in this area is thinking that the old song, "Diamonds are a Girl's Best Friend" is cute and funny. That song is deadly serious, a female anthem, and we ignore it at our peril.

redneckdan
12-29-2006, 01:48 AM
I must have gotten lucking, Jen doesn't like stones. She does have a taste for expensive leather though, she's always leaving el paso, kramer, haugen, etc... catalogs laying on my couch when she leaves. Oddly they are always open to the same few pages? is she tryin to tell me somethin:rolleyes:?

redneckdan
12-29-2006, 01:51 AM
Did I mention I popped the question early this week? I didn't get a ring, got a matching pair of Buck 110s and had them engraved at the jewelers. She wears it everyday and sleeps with it under her pillow. Guess I got that one right. :-D

fatnhappy
12-29-2006, 02:05 AM
Jen doesn't like stones.

yeah right. I was born in the morning, but not this morning.
If you can convince 1 married guy on this forum I'll eat my hat.
My moment of trickery involved a hugs and kisses bracelet. She picked it out and was present when the jewelery store wrapped it. I slit the tape and slid the box out, replacing said bracelet with coal. The look on her mother's face was priceless.

Congrats on the impending nuptials. It sounds like you've picked a winner.

redneckdan
12-29-2006, 07:54 PM
where bouts you at? Jen andI will be headin west this summer, if yer some where along the way we'll have to meet for a burger and barley pops or somethin. I think you'll understand once you meet her.

don't eat yer hat, its gettin hard to find good ones now adays.:kidding:

yeah right. I was born in the morning, but not this morning.

MT Gianni
12-29-2006, 08:52 PM
Congrat's on the upcoming event. I hoped she wasn't out of your life when you changed your avitar. If you run as far as Montana drop me a PM as I am right off of I-90. Gianni.

redneckdan
12-29-2006, 10:00 PM
nope, figured I'd change the avitar to somethin gun related. Hopefully have engagement pic in there a couple of days from now. We're headin toward dillon and then maybe north into alberta.