PDA

View Full Version : Lyman All-American Press

GSPKurt
12-24-2006, 10:28 PM
I found a like-new Lyman All-American 4-Hole press in the box in the back room of the gun shop I just got a part-time job at. He (the boss) said I can tell him what it's worth and pay him for it if I want it [smilie=1: ! Can I use my RCBS and Lee dies with it? It is about 98%. Is it any good? :confused:

Swagerman
12-25-2006, 12:34 AM
Kurt, you have found a bar of gold...make it yours and be happy.

Its a wonderful turret press that is very sturdy.

I use mine for working up loads, infact find I use it most of all the press's I have. Didn't like the pasty red color, so I painted it Challmers orange, whish is the same as Lyman's color.

Jim

http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e321/44and45/100_0120cropped2presses632X.jpg

DaveInFloweryBranchGA
12-25-2006, 10:38 AM
Kurt,

A relatively safe way to establish value would be to find used presses like that one for sale on ebay, then watch to see what they go for. Ebay tends to be a very perfect market and people tend to buy things somewhere between 50 and 75 % of retail.

Considering the condition of the one you're looking at and the age, were I bidding, I'd bid at about 50% of current retail of the latest Lyman turret press.

I hope this helps,

Dave

KCSO
12-25-2006, 02:22 PM
I picked one up on Gunbroker mint in the box for $55 last year. A true classic press that works as good as it looks. Midway has the conversion unit to le you use standard shellholders. Mine is dedicated to 45-70 and is used for making target loads.