PDA

View Full Version : Christmas According to Lynn [Long]

LAH
12-24-2006, 08:02 PM
Isaiah 9: 6-7 12-24-06

“For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace. Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end, upon the throne of David, and upon his kingdom, to order it, and to establish it with judgment and with justice from henceforth even for ever. The zeal of the LORD of hosts will perform this.”

The prophet Isaiah stated the above 700 years before the birth of Christ. Now we know He was born: Luke 2:7, “And she brought forth her firstborn son, and wrapped him in swaddling clothes, and laid him in a manger; because there was no room for them in the inn.” And we know He was given: John 3:16, “ For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.” These are truths that can’t be denied.

But Isaiah said: “the government shall be upon his shoulder” and “Of the increase of his government and peace there shall be no end” so this prophecy of Isaiah is like so many in the Bible in that it’s not complete as of yet but remember most prophecies are spoken of as if they have come to past because they are true and sure to happen.

Let us look at these two verses [6 and 7]. Isaiah said His Name shall be called Wonderful which means He is exceptional, distinguished, with out peer. Who can compare to Jesus Christ? Luke wrote in Acts 4:12, “Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.” So Christ has a name that’s above all others.

Isaiah called Him Counselor. Can you think of anyone better to ask for advice? The Bible teaches He knows us better than we know ourselves. The hairs of our heads are numbered. If one falls He knows it. He also knows the thoughts of our mind and the intentions of our heart. He has all knowledge and wisdom. So who better to ask for council?

Isaiah called Him The Mighty God. Jesus Christ was God in flesh. John 1:1-3 bares witness of the fact. “In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.” We know God is the Creator by Genesis 1:1 “In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.”

John goes on to say: John 1:14 “And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.” The Word was God and was made flesh. Note Matthew 1:23 “Behold, a virgin shall be with child and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name Emmanuel, which being interpreted is, God with us.” Jesus Christ is Mighty God.

Isaiah called Him The Everlasting Father. John wrote of Him speaking: Revelation 22:13 “I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.” Of His Kingdom in heaven and of His Coming Kingdom on earth, there shall be no end. Time has no limits or effect on Him. Psalms 90:2 “Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever thou hadst formed the earth and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting, thou art God.” He is everlasting to everlasting.

Isaiah called Him The Prince of Peace. Moses writes in Deuteronomy 10:17-18 “For the LORD your God is God of gods, and Lord of lords, a great God, a mighty, and a terrible, which regardeth not persons, nor taketh reward: He doth execute the judgment of the fatherless and widow, and loveth the stranger, in giving him food and raiment.” At the coming of His Kingdom He will rule with a rod of iron. Read Revelation 19:11-16 and note verse 11, “ in righteousness he doth judge and make war.” and verse 13, “and His name is called The Word of God.” and verse 15, “and he shall rule them with a rod of iron.”

Jesus Christ is coming again to establish His Kingdom, to judge and to rule mankind. He will be fair. He will be equal. He will see that the poor, down trodden, orphans, and widows have their day in court. The weak will no longer be taken advantage of by the strong. All will be peace, love and joy.

Surely as Isaiah said: “For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given.” And He came as Isaiah said in the two fold prophecy of Isaiah 7:14 “Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel.” Which bring us to the second chapter of the Gospel according to Luke.

Luke writes in the 12th verse “And this shall be a sign unto you; Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger.” These were the words spoken by the angel of the Lord unto the shepherds abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night. This sign given to the shepherds would bear witness that the statement made in verse 10 and 11was true. Let’s look at what was said.

Luke 2:10 “And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people.” Note he said good tidings of great joy. This was a good announcement and one that would bring joy. And to whom would the joy be? He said to all people. This means you and me, man and child, male and female, old man and young man, rich man and poor man, fat man and skinny man, tall man and short man, white man and black man, red man and yellow man, brown man and every man……..AMEN.

Surely Christ was born for all mankind. The angel said: “For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.” The angel could have called the Baby Jesus many things. He could have said unto you is born this day in the city of David, the Son of God. He could have called Him God in the flesh, Immanuel, Son of Man, the Bread of Life, Light of the World, Good Shepherd, the Resurrection, the Way, the Truth and the Life, the Vine, the Rose of Sharon, a Branch from the root of Jesse, the bright and shinning Star, the Fairest of 10,000, King of kings and Lord of lords. Many things and different descriptions the angel could have used for this “babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger” but he used the one term or name which the world past, present, and future needed more than all else. The angel called Him Saviour.

At this time of year we should give pause and reflect on the real reason for the season. This is the birth of our Saviour. I know the arguments back and forth about when Jesus was born. This may go on forever, never to be settled. I can’t say in my heart exactly when He was born, only that He was born.

His birth is settled in my heart. Not just His birth but the fact that He is the only begotten of the Father. And that He walked upon the face of this earth teaching and preaching of His Father Who art in Heaven, about His death, burial and resurrection. And about His Coming Kingdom. It’s settled in my heart that after His preaching and teaching, the healings and deliverances, He did as John said in chapter 19 of his gospel in verses 17 and 18 and I quote: “And he bearing his cross went forth into a place called the place of a skull, which is called in the Hebrew Golgotha: Where they crucified him, and two other with him, on either side one and Jesus in the midst.”

He went and died because of the love of God. He went and died a sacrifice for all mankind. He went and died because He was the only One who could pay the price. The price of sin which is death. He died because He was without spot or blemish, able to redeem us or in other words, buy us back.

Yes He is the child born and the son given that Isaiah spoke of. And He is the One who’s Name is called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The Everlasting Father, and The Prince of Peace. He certainly is all that but most of all He is the Saviour, born in the city of David many years ago. He came for all people and the tidings were of great joy.

I read this story quite often. The story as told by the prophets and the writers of the Gospel. I and many others call it The Greatest Story Ever Told and certainly it is. Let us rejoice in it. I know Him as Saviour and it’s my prayer that you do also. And that is Christmas According to Lynn.

God Bless……..Mr & Mrs Creeker

felix
12-24-2006, 08:11 PM
Mr & Mrs Creeker, thanks! ... felix

LAH
12-25-2006, 12:08 AM
Humor and Off Topic No Sex,Religion or Politics Allowed. No personal attacks,Keep it Clean and remember,this is not the cracker barrel. Please review our TOS.

Mr. Webmaster please note I didn't read the above before posting. Perhaps I shouldn't have placed this here. Feel free to remove the post if need be and accept my humble apology.........Creeker

waksupi
12-25-2006, 01:30 AM
I believe the post reflects the spirit of the season, and does not contain arguement for or against religion. Sometimes, it is good to ignore things!

walltube
12-25-2006, 03:21 AM
I see no mention of any 'religion'.

Thank you Mr. & Mrs. Creeker for the fine lesson in history and prophesy. ;)

May the Lord of The Universe bless and keep you.

Yrs. Tly.,

W'tube

Bret4207
12-26-2006, 09:13 AM
If anyone is truly offended they can say so and the appropriate action can be considered. Other than that happening I think we can all agree to get along.

versifier
12-26-2006, 02:13 PM
I think it was a tasteful and well thought out post. I'm not a Christian and I wasn't the least bit offended by it. (I draw the line when any religion is forced upon me, like the Witlesses pounding on my door and harassing me.) I have no problem with at all your posting, Creeker. You have actually read the book (Book) (a rare thing in and of itself these days) and you do not use it as an excuse to inflict your way of life on anyone, merely expressing your joy in the season and the reason for it. Who could be offended by that? If more so-called Christians and so-called Muslims had your laudable attitude, the world would be a safer and more secure place. Happy Holidays!

LAH
12-27-2006, 01:49 PM
Thank you versifier. Yes I've read the Book.

I understand about forced religion. I've had door knockers myself and didn't really want them. A man's home is his kingdom and door knocker for what ever reason are normally un-welcomed.

I am a preacher of the Gospel and share with all I can. After all that's kinda what we're taught to do. There's a difference between sharing and shoving though. Kinda like the 44 vs 45 thing. I can tell you which I like, lay my cards on the table, perhaps ask you to try my sixgun, but it does no good to drag out the tamping rod and try to stuff my choice down your throat. It doesn't work reguardless of subject.

I will say this, if the time comes you would like to hear more of my side the story you may feel free to contact me. My approach is soft and simple. I'll lay the cards on the table and you can choose. After all you or no one else has to answer to me so I tend not to ask questions that perhaps someone is not ready to answer.

Any way like I said, thanks for your input, I enjoyed your post.....Creeker