PDA

View Full Version : Great Swap !!!

WildmanJack
05-20-2011, 10:36 AM
Swapped a buddy a new Lead Sled DFT for a Winny 94 in .30-30 Built between 1939 and 1941, bore is beautiful as is the finish in the gun.. A nice brown patina... I did good...
Jack

grubbylabs
05-20-2011, 11:27 AM
Wow great deal but where are the photos to prove that you have said rifle?:D

WildmanJack
05-20-2011, 11:37 AM
Ok, here's one, Sorry about the quality. I used my phone. Just installed the Lyman sight and am heading to the range to sight it in...

grubbylabs
05-20-2011, 11:39 AM
Nice rifle great find.

Oh and all is forgiven:razz:

MtGun44
05-20-2011, 11:55 AM
Dang! That is a great deal, how come I never find those deals? :-)

Bill

WildmanJack
05-20-2011, 11:58 AM
Always wanted a pre 64 Winchester and when he offered the swap I jumpped on it. Don't know if I like the Lyman sight, it looks a little too modern for this gun.. Maybe I should have put a tang sight on it.. We'll see....
Jack

cajun shooter
05-26-2011, 09:18 AM
Hey my friend, I am glad to see that you are able to smell a great deal when you see it. That lead sled is only good for breaking stocks. To be able to receive a pre 64 is an unreal deal. And you may have fun with it all year in sunny Florida. Later your old friend David

Four Fingers of Death
05-26-2011, 09:44 AM
Scheeeoooooooooooooooooooooooot! You can take your hold up mask off now! lol

armexman
05-26-2011, 05:50 PM
Sorry to rain on your parade; moreso as I do not know the parties involved!
Have you run the numbers on the rifle? Having a lead sled in your possesion will not send you to jail, but, a deal to good to be true can.
We all know by now how much the Winchester products have jumped in price since Winchester does not "exist" anymore. Something this "old" may be worth alot more to collectors.
Most PD's or SD's will run a gun through the computers to check for the validity of ownership.
Remember, Friendly gentle reminder!!!

I almost bought a S&W 38 Special revolver for $100, had a real good friend (Poice Officer) run the numbers. turned out gun WAS stolen. have never had contact with the seller again. Shunned him like if he was a cobra.

WildmanJack
05-26-2011, 05:52 PM
Armexman,
As a former LEO of 15 years, one of the first things I did was run the numbers. Appreciate the concern though..
Jack

cajun shooter
05-27-2011, 09:56 AM
Armexman, A better thing to do was to look him up for another buy and have your LEO friend in on the deal. That type of guy will be robbing someone else of their guns and needs to be off the street. A former LEO and gun owner who has been on both sides of the coin.

missionary5155
05-27-2011, 11:54 AM
Good morning & Great Trade ! You have yourself one fine friend there.
Mike in Peru

izzyjoe
05-28-2011, 08:13 AM
glad to hear you made a good deal on the winny, but now for the bad news. if you have the #'s run, and it's stolen i hope your buddy don't go awol. cause the Leo's will take possesion of said rifle. but you said he was a buddy so that must mean he's a good friend, or you would'nt have traded with him. if i buy a gun from somebody that i don't know, i ask for a bill of sale, and some I.D. just to cover my back side. it's a Mean World out there. but anyway that winny should make you a great cast boolit shooter! :cbpour:

Four Fingers of Death
05-28-2011, 09:42 AM
We have a horrid licensing system her in Australia, but I suppose if there is one positive thing about it the guns we buy are all registered and there is no way it is a hot rifle (unless it was stolen before the registration came out. It was an occasional problem before, but our shooting body used to publish a list of stolen guns with every magazine.

I'd still rather not have the registration, thats for sure.

WildmanJack
05-29-2011, 10:39 AM
Well, I thank those that warned me against the possibility of the gun being stolen, but again I was in Law enforcement for 15 + years, If I even thought there was a slight risk it would never buy the gun and would call my neighbor ( also a Deputy) and put him on to it. I swapped it from a good friend who has the same ethics as I do, and is just as careful as I am when it comes to selling or buying a gun. But I do thank you for the concern...

By the way, this old girl shot a 1/2 inch group at 50 yds with the Lyman 66 sight installed this past week.... I'm more than pleased with her and she ought to take out a lot of hogs, as well as a few Florida whitetails...
Jack

tanstafl10
05-31-2011, 02:47 PM
Shoot it and enjoy!

You just just got a plum good deal.....