PDA

View Full Version : Modern Muzzleloading Rifles

Dixie Slugs
05-20-2011, 10:20 AM
Dixie just finished a contract testing Modern Muzzleloaders. powder, bullets, and sabots. During the test we tried many .452" hard cast Gates Exteme Meplat bullets in various sabots in 50 caliber modern ML rifles. The shot extremly well as did other .431" hard cast bullets in the green sabot!We found many different bore specs and only MMP has various sabots to match the various 50 cal rifles.
Maybe we need a Modern Muzzleloading section here om Cast Boolits?
Regards, James@Dixie Slugs

44man
05-20-2011, 10:43 AM
Dixie just finished a contract testing Modern Muzzleloaders. powder, bullets, and sabots. During the test we tried many .452" hard cast Gates Exteme Meplat bullets in various sabots in 50 caliber modern ML rifles. The shot extremly well as did other .431" hard cast bullets in the green sabot!We found many different bore specs and only MMP has various sabots to match the various 50 cal rifles.
Maybe we need a Modern Muzzleloading section here om Cast Boolits?
Regards, James@Dixie Slugs
Yes James, it would help since they seem to be the rage now. I would trust your work above anyone.
But never expect to pry a patched round ball rifle out of my cold, dead hands! :2 drunk buddies:
A revolver boolit belongs in a revolver! :bigsmyl2:

stubert
05-20-2011, 07:16 PM
My .62 cal. flint fullstock, ONLY shoots round balls, at 340 grains each. I don't see why someone would want a hardcast 45 boolit to use in a sabot. Wouldn't they be likley to shatter at those velocitys?