PDA

View Full Version : tragedy

gofasttodd
05-20-2011, 10:15 AM
PORTAGE, Wis. (AP) — A 22-year-old woman who had just purchased her marriage license with her fiancé was killed when her sports utility vehicle crossed the center line and hit a semitrailer.
Karin Bussian's fiance, 21-year-old Sam Marwitz, is a volunteer firefighter and was driving behind her, saw the crash on Highway 51 Tuesday afternoon and tried to help her. She died at the scene.
The Portage Daily Register reports (http://bit.ly/lMjgfS ) the two were traveling in separate vehicles from Portage and heading back to Bussian's rural DeForest home.
They had been dating for seven years and their wedding date was set for June 10.
Duwane Marwitz, Sam's father and Dalton's fire chief, says they were planning a wedding and now they are planning a funeral.
___

very sad i use to work with this guy a great young man

RayinNH
05-20-2011, 10:32 AM
Sad news indeed when this young couple had so much to look forward to.

Doc Highwall
05-20-2011, 12:22 PM
Years ago when I was shooting weddings I had a couple who had got married and left for their honeymoon and two days later got into a car crash in NY. and the bride was killed. I had to deliver the wedding pictures at a funeral home it is not something I would want to have happen to anyone.

twotoescharlie
05-20-2011, 12:31 PM
wonder if they were talking on the cellphone?

TTC

RugerFan
05-20-2011, 03:11 PM
very sad i use to work with this guy a great young man

Yes very sad. Coincidently, Sam is a friend of my wife's aunt's godson (Lucas). We got a prayer request right after it happend. Very sad indeed.

-I'm orginally from Madison.