PDA

View Full Version : Oh my aching back! Lead score.

t_dickinson
05-20-2011, 08:01 AM
Went to one of my sources for the first time after I called 8 weeks ago. Of course the guy had JUST sold 1K to the recycling center but told me I could buy from him from now on.

I thought it was just lip service but on the advice of the good folks here, I sent some pizza over that day.

Stopped in yesterday hoping to get half a 5ga pail or so. He has his guys drag out 5 buckets.

Total weight was 350lbs!!! I paid the .30 agreed price totaling $105. I wasn't expecting that much wieght and had only $85 on me. He told me to take the lot and stop in when I was near him and pay the balance. He said that was an average haul so it looks like a ton a year until they stop using lead ww completely.

What a good guy huh? Today he will get his 20 bucks and some more free lunch! Looks like a good amount of stickies but with all the range lead I have and the amount of WW coming my way, I don't know what to do with them. Should I keep the stickies or trade/sell them away?

Boy, I sure am enjoying this back pain today. Cheers.:drinks:

perimedik
05-20-2011, 08:48 AM
Very Cool. Enjoy and stay safe doing it....

Jailer
05-20-2011, 09:07 AM
Separate the stick ons and smelt them separately. Even if yo don't end up using them they can make good trade material for something you may need down the road.

cbrick
05-20-2011, 09:32 AM
Looks like a good amount of stickies but with all the range lead I have and the amount of WW coming my way, I don't know what to do with them. Should I keep the stickies or trade/sell them away?

Here is what I have been doing with the stick-on weights. I don't shoot the smoke poles and while they are usefull for HP's at about 800 fps in the 45 ACP I use few of these. With Super Hard you can turn your stickies into any useful antimony alloy you need.

http://www.lasc.us/SuperHard.htm

Rick