PDA

View Full Version : 9mm lever gun

chrismetallica1
05-19-2011, 02:54 PM
Well,
Finally got my 9mm lever gun and its superb. Basically its an AR15 that the bolt locks back after every round and require actuating a lever on the left hand side above the pistol grip. Its superb

http://pic50.picturetrail.com/VOL480/4004437/22451063/396749017.jpg

http://pic50.picturetrail.com/VOL480/4004437/22451063/396749020.jpg

I have since taken the magpul AFG off as it wasnt comfertable but the gun is very accurate.

I found these videos online that explain the actiona little better

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsDqE9j3bzI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoHfAcWNMK0

9.3X62AL
05-19-2011, 03:51 PM
Similar mods--not quite so drastic, we can preserve self-loading operation--are required in California to own/enjoy/fire AR-series rifles and carbines. I like it!

Note to those inclined to bash Californians over the idiot laws we deal with concerning firearms sports and hobbies--JUST SAVE IT. It is annoying enough to work our way around these idiocies without having to put up with bullsquat feedback and jeering nonsense from the peanut gallery. I'm sure our British OP feels the same way about having to adapt to local regs to enjoy his sport.

Gun control SUCKS, no matter its location. Little more than killjoy fashion statements made by ruling authorities over hobbies and crafts enjoyed by others, in a vain hope of preventing violence by following the dictates of idiot political agendas.

rodsvet
05-19-2011, 07:59 PM
Nice looking weapon!! Enjoy the sport!! Nothing says "Don't tread on me" like a black rifle. God save the Queen. Rod

9.3X62AL
05-20-2011, 10:49 AM
Nothing says "Don't tread on me" like a black rifle.

Now, THAT looks like a signature line, if ever I saw one! :)

MtGun44
05-20-2011, 12:03 PM
Al and Chris,

Good on you both in working around the morons in charge, as best you can. It is a shame
that such changes are necessary, but innovations abound and it is good to keep trying.

I had a nice job offer about 15 yrs in my home state of CA, was tempted, but just could not
bring myself to move back into that antigun environment willingly. Good luck to those of you
in CA and in the UK, sorry for your tribulations.

One member here is moving back to UK soon from another, more enlightened, country and
recently had to sell all his guns except a shotgun. I count this as a serious personal
tragedy, and yet there is no actual increase in safety or reduction in crime by disarming
the law abiding.

Bill

jerry_from_ct
05-20-2011, 12:14 PM
Similar mods--not quite so drastic, we can preserve self-loading operation--are required in California to own/enjoy/fire AR-series rifles and carbines. I like it!

Note to those inclined to bash Californians over the idiot laws we deal with concerning firearms sports and hobbies--JUST SAVE IT. It is annoying enough to work our way around these idiocies without having to put up with bullsquat feedback and jeering nonsense from the peanut gallery. I'm sure our British OP feels the same way about having to adapt to local regs to enjoy his sport.

Gun control SUCKS, no matter its location. Little more than killjoy fashion statements made by ruling authorities over hobbies and crafts enjoyed by others, in a vain hope of preventing violence by following the dictates of idiot political agendas.

I consider California a "canary in a coalmine" as far as potential future rulings for the rest of CONUS.
Hats off to those who live with and do workarounds to deal with the absurdity.

Someone was doing a no pistol grip "integral" stock for the AR, but haven't heard anything about it lately, I believe there were some legal issues to be ironed out.

Nice rifle, I amazed you are allowed any arms there.

Cheers............................

chrismetallica1
05-20-2011, 01:03 PM
Cheers guys,
Its not that bad here as long as you are a member of a club and the NRA and can proove you enter competitions. Shooting as a sport almost died out for a while after the pistol ban in 1997 but its on the increase now. Gallery rifle is pretty big in the uk now. Lever action guns, .22 lr semi-autos and LBR's / LBP's are on the increase. I shoot quite a bit of LBR now but its not the same as the good old days. These are my LBR's

http://pic50.picturetrail.com/VOL480/4004437/23740931/395858004.jpg

at the moment we are pretty much limited to Taurus as Ruger stopped shipping us redhawks :( However in the last couple of months Pro TSC have released a UK spec .22 LR 1911 that has had good reviews.

http://www.pro1911.co.uk/1911/Welcome.html

My girlfriend is probably going to get one for PP1 matches later in the year after they have been out for a while and I get better reports on reliability ect..

All the best

Chris

Jeff H
05-20-2011, 01:23 PM
When I lived in Salinas, in the early eighties, there were more good gunshops per square mile than in my own home state. The shops were WELL stocked, prices were great and the folks were even better. We had a range at Laguna Seca, where a Park Ranger was the RO on weekends and it was an great environment. I bough a number of guns while ther and started out my own reloading setup there, having moved from home a few years earlier and not having access t omy Dad's reloading bench.

It's really, really sad. I enjoyed the people I met there and had a wonderful time shooting. Fort Ord was up the road from me and once in a while I would go up there on the weekends, when they had an officer who would volunteer as RO.

Ironically, I have to say that some of my best memories associated with guns and "gun folks" were in California.:cry:

Tracy
05-20-2011, 01:32 PM
That is a good-looking AR. Based on your description, it sounds like a blowback action where the bolt is captured in the rearward position after each shot. Correct?
Another way to achieve a similar result would be a standard 5.56 bolt and barrel extension, but no gas system. That would result in a straight-pull bolt action, and would be usable for 5.56, 9mm and probably .40 and 10mm applications. It would be easier on the brass than a blowback, while using standard AR components.
All this of course assumes that you are allowed to assemble your own rifle, or that you have access to any of those components. Since that is probably not the case, the point is moot.

IMO, the best tool for dealing with California laws is a moving van. If California were to lose a large percentage of its gun-owning population, it would be forced to change its laws.

chrismetallica1
05-20-2011, 01:42 PM
We can order all the parts and assemble. However only via an RFD. i think you guys call them an FFL. The only issue is that the UK have proof house laws. A gun must be tested by the proof house before it can be used. Also if the action type isnt aprooved by the FFS (Forensic Sience services) it opens a whole new can of worms. The action is blow back with bolt capture. It was put on hold for some time while the FSS determined if they could be sold in the UK. However it was passed so they are becomming popular hence the 12 months wait to get one.