PDA

View Full Version : Cheap Brass...

dk17hmr
12-23-2006, 09:44 PM
I dont remember what forum I read this on but am pretty sure it wasnt this one. This guy seems to have a pretty good deal on once fired brass, in alot of common calibers.

Figured all of us being reloaders might need some more brass sometime. He claims up to 10,000 for the flat shipping rate of $8.10 and he sells mostly by the 100 rounds.

https://brassworldonline.org/sess/utn;jsessionid=154585f1723766a/shopdata/index.shopscript

Ron
12-24-2006, 08:05 AM
It appears that there is a Security problem with that site. It maybe a data miner and should be avoided.

imashooter2
12-24-2006, 09:22 AM
No security issues using Firefox, just not very good prices on brass.

obssd1958
12-24-2006, 11:54 AM
Actually, it's doesn't seem to be a "security" issue. It's a problem with the link. The link includes a session ID that should be unique for each time the site is visited. This is because it is set up with an online shopping cart. If you just type

brassworldonline.org

in your address bar, it should take you right to the home page.

Don

dk17hmr
12-24-2006, 01:35 PM
Sorry about the link, I just posted what I had saved in my Favorites.

waksupi
12-29-2006, 04:07 PM
HELLO EVERY ONE THIS IS ME I AM SORRY FOR THIS. THERE IS NO WAY TO HAVE BOTH. I HAVE SPENT THREE WEEKS ON THIS PROBLEM. IF YOU TRY WWW. YOU WILL SEE THAT MY SECURITY IS TOP NOTCH
THANK YOU
BRASS WORLD

Everyone say good bye to this idiot. He is banned. He obviously didn't read the terms of service, so he is gone.
His link has been deleted from this post.

Willy, was only able to figure out how to ban him for two years. Please make permanent.

I believe I was too hasty on removing this individual. Reading the thread, it is clear that the individual was attempting to clarify problems on his site, that others were talking about. I mistakenly took the post out of context, and will be sending him a message, inviting him to become a member of the board.

Oldfeller
12-30-2006, 09:51 PM
mmmmmmmmmm........ mebbe so.

Been a lot of that lately, posts & posters chopped and fast pulled smoking guns put back into holsters before it even sinks in that there isn't any justification for it.

Glad to see you thinking it through a bit.

Oldfeller

45nut
12-31-2006, 02:26 PM
Must be nice to have NEVER made a mistake in YOUR life eh? Go troll somewhere else.

Scrounger
12-31-2006, 03:44 PM
Is Oldfeller banned, too?

45nut
12-31-2006, 03:55 PM
no,he is not,it was merely a personal suggestion from me.

rugerman1
12-31-2006, 05:06 PM
Been a lot of that lately, posts & posters chopped and fast pulled smoking guns put back into holsters before it even sinks in that there isn't any justification for it.

Oldfeller

Oldfeller,I've seen how forums can be disrupted by various means.Whether it's from established posters delving into forum politics ,or newbies ignoring TOS agreements.If I have an issue with management,I would send my friendly neighborhood moderator or forum owner a private message asking for clarification on what I considered to be wrong.

Mark

Char-Gar
12-31-2006, 05:41 PM
Oldfeller a troll! No way!... He is one of the planks of this community. If this kind of disrespect for the brain trust of this community continues, all that will be left is a bunch of newbies sharing their lack of knowledge.

Char-Gar
12-31-2006, 05:44 PM
Rugerman.. Let me see if I have this right.. The big sticks can do their thing in public for all the world to see, but if we object we should do it in private via a PM. Why the double standard?

Bret4207
12-31-2006, 06:10 PM
Can we all play nice please? A mistake was made and corrected. Let it go.

Char-Gar
12-31-2006, 07:47 PM
Bret... High quality play requires communication. Kids may play without any content, but grown ups need to sort out issues. Respectful questions, including probing ones, and disagreement is how adults come to understand one another and develop respect for each other.

A disagreement is not ispso facto a challenge to combat. It does not mean one person is worthwhile and the other is not. Living and playing sucessfully requires knowing how to deal with conflict in an adult manner. Conflict avoidance is not a good strategy to promote understanding and respect.

Name calling, insults, and the like not acceptable for adults and when they pop up, the thread should be locked and/or the bad stuff deleted. But baring that, disagreement when handled with respect is a good thing and not a bad thing.

Friends, parents, children, co-workers and spouses all have difference and a sucessful relationship depends on them being able to discuss them and either come to agreement or agree to disagree in a respecful way.

It is my observation that managment on this board is conflict adverse. Perhaps this is viewed as nipping things in the bud and well intentioned. However some level of respectful disagreement and conflict is necessary to a healthy community of any kind.

As much as folks would like it, this nor any other board is going to be strickly gun related content, as the posters are human beings as that will manifest itself in disagreement and conflict.

Conflict can be positive if managed properly. Conflict avoidance just leads to more and greater conflict. In the case at hand, there is beginning to develope and adversary relationship between some of the posters and managment. It is starting to be an "us vs. them" kind of thinking.

The attitude that says... play by my rules or hit the road..is not a good one and in the end defeats what the folks that made the rule want. Things will soon reach critical mass and the corpus of knowledge that makes this board unique will be lost.

Human beings are my stock in trade and I sense a real blow up coming. In my own silly way, I am trying to be a corrective and point out to managment where their hard nose ways will lead them. I have been a member of this core community for many years and don't want to see it fly apart.

Now to the issue at hand... You said, a mistake has been made and has been corrected.. well maybe one has, but another has not. 45Nut called Oldfeller/Kelley a troll. 45Nut is the owner and should be the chief adult and lead by example.

His calling Kelly a Troll was unfair and uncalled for. In order for things to be right, a public apology needs to be made. Kelly made a valid observation and did so in a adult way. Troll is a loaded term in the internet community, that inputs all manner of bad motives and character.

So, if we are go to play nice, an apology is required and then we can get back to play.

RugerFan
12-31-2006, 08:28 PM
Chargar,
I think you misunderstood. My interpretation of the quote in question, “Go troll somewhere else”, had nothing to do with a small elfin creature. Rather go “troll” (on another board). Troll, trolling – think fishing. It was merely a suggestion to move along. That should have been clarified further when 45nut said “… merely a personal suggestion” on post #10. No insult. Expressing annoyance maybe, but I’m guessing you don’t have a problem with that.

Bret4207
12-31-2006, 08:33 PM
You know, I'm at the point where I don't particularly care if the whole thing falls apart.

45nut
12-31-2006, 08:35 PM
http://curezone.com/forums/troll.asp

As I see it, Kelly has seen fit not to participate in discussions of CB's,Guns or related subjects recently. His post on this thread was bait and I should have ignored it.
You have no idea how tough it is to be in my shoes and endure slights upon my character,death threats and such and still remain positive.
Kelly has for some time has made it his mission to sow discontent. Would you allow a visitor to your home to slap your wife and children, break dishes and burn your books? Would you want him going around to your neighbors whispering nasty comments about how you conduct your business?
My statement was a human one, Yes I am a human, my feelings about this board are strong and protective in nature. I cannot just turn my cheek and offer another even as some have called for it. I cannot claim sainthood that is for sure,but my job here is not to be a saint or a martyr, rather it is business.
I make not a dime from this endeavor, I have shelled out cash as many have to see it succeed and nor do I ask for anything but the furtherance of the topics in the forum title, cast boolits.
I have to judge for myself what is right. I ask for help from the staff in 95% or better of the decisions but not for every personal post. In the end an individual has to make a choice and endure the fallout.
I alone made that post and if someone wants to once again wish cancer,nuclear fallout or for my house and all my possesions to be burnt out so be it.
Even Jesus had enemies and betrayers amongst his followers, I as a mere mortal can certainly expect the same.

All I can do is try my best, If that isn't good enough then for that I apologize but that is all I can offer. When my time on this earth is done I shall be judged again, but I can tell Him I tried my best and ask forgiveness.

krag35
12-31-2006, 10:55 PM
Oldfeller a troll! No way!... He is one of the planks of this community. If this kind of disrespect for the brain trust of this community continues, all that will be left is a bunch of newbies sharing their lack of knowledge.

Charger;
Are you unaware and fail to see the disruptive direction oldfeller has pushed EVERY thread he has "contributed" to in the recent past?
YES, he has a great store of knowlage about cast bullets.
YES, he has a great store of knowlage of "leementing" a mold.
Yes, he has a given talent for rhyme.
YES, he has a great talent for stirring S**t and picking scabs!

However some level of respectful disagreement and conflict is necessary to a healthy community of any kind.
You are so very correct. However, if you come into "my" house" In this case 45nut and Willy's house and act like an ass, we/ they have the right to bounce your disrespectfull, devisive, anti social ass out on the curb.

************************************************** *************** It is starting to be an "us vs. them" kind of thinking.
************************************************** *************** Name one (other than the poster being discussed). The posters in the past, those who left and those who were banned (grand total 4) excepted. out of how many members??????

This place is about "cast boolits" and all the other stuff that goes along with it (tractors, cars, genarators, sawmills, hunting, grandkids, Cats, kids, just to name a few)

Think about it fellers, can and would you tolerate this crap in your personal life? How about when it might be thrust upon your wife and kids? Inuendo and snide remarks are just as devisive and just as disruptive as a TROLL, and are his stock in trade.

YES, this is a social body, and we all need to take in into account that we are not all kin nor are we even from the same place and have the same values, or understand the same values of politness. I remember a remark made some where, some time in my life. "I don't know who you are at home, but you ain't there now" I try to remeber it EVERY time I post on here. Perhaps some should do the same.

I mean no personal offense, however if any should feel so offended, please PM me.

Char-Gar
12-31-2006, 10:59 PM
45Nut/Ken Thanks for the reply and the spirit. I know dealing with humans can be the most frustrating things in the world. Guns, cars and dogs are far easier to work with.

Working with people is what I have done for the past 40 years and more than once, they almost driven me to the breaking point. Note, I have said almost, I have been bent at times but never broken.

But, I have learned that my worth as a person does not come from their approval, apreciation or understanding. If we derive our worth from their opinions of us, we will forever be in failure mode.

Two points and then I will let go of this.

First, I know Kelly can bait folks and enjoys sucking folks into arguments and he is very adept at making folks looks stupid when they rise to the bait. He is a very bright fellow and enjoys the game. I am not naive.

However, your response to him was the result of stored up angst from prior issues and not a proper response to the actual post in issue. That is what was unfair. He played you, you bit and now you look like the bad guy.

If you want to pin his ears back, then do so when it is called for by the issue at hand and not pent up angst.

Second, You are others refer to us as guests in your house. You also refer to this as a business, even though it has not born fruit. It is a commercial venture and has economic worth.

This board has become the premier cast bullet board not because you own it, but because of what the members know. Their experience is the true asset of your business.

So..in my view, we are not guests in your house, but assets to your business. That is a big difference and should be reflected in how you relate to us.

So..who is doing who a favor? Are you doing us a favor by allowing us to park here? Yes of course. Are we doing you a favor by parking here? Yes of course!
What we have here is a symbiotic relationship. Each should be respected for what they contribute.

Maybe I have an inflated sense of self worth, but I have well over 55 years as a serious student of guns, handloading and cast bullets. The knowledge that I have gained through hard work and study is an asset for you. I am not speaking for myself, but for all those experienced hands who hang out here.

Thanks for allowing us to have this conversation. It needed to take place and we need to exchange ideas, points of view and notions. That is how understanding and respect takes place.

My hope and prayer for you and all the managment team of this board is for a truly wonderful New Year.

Char-Gar
12-31-2006, 11:07 PM
Rugerman... You are correct. There is a big difference in:

1) Go troll (fish) some place else
2) Go be a troll some place else

I took it in the second way. It is was intended in the first way, then I was wrong in my response.

I don't know how 45Nuts meant it.

I also don't know the intent of Oldfeller... was he skipping a top water lure accross the cyber waters or was he just making a statment of fact. I don't know.

I guess only The Shadow knows what lurks in the minds of men.

Char-Gar
12-31-2006, 11:20 PM
Krag.. Thanks for the thoughtful response. You raised some valid issues. My thinking on most of them are expressed in my response to 45Nut/Ken.

I am not unmindful of the track record of Oldfeller. I have watched him bait folks time and time again and when they took the bait, he left them with egg on their faces. He is a very bright guy and good at the game.

I have refused to play and he has always been fair with me. My personal experience with him has been positive. I choose to relate to people based on my experience with them and not the experience of others.

Likewise, my experience with Starmetal/Joe has always been positive. I never let him get me spun up on differences and in fact became and am very fond of the guy.

I know others let him get under their skins.

If we forever let others punch our buttons, we will forever go around with punched buttons and life will be very difficult. Even if somebody else gives offense, I don't have to take it. I can't control what others do, but I can control my response to what they do.

Pardon the sermonett, but I am on a roll tonight... I will turn over a new leaf and mind my own business next year...NOT!

Have a great New Year.

waksupi
01-01-2007, 04:02 AM
Well, since I started this, I guess I'll put in a couple cents worth. This is a good board. It will remain one, regardless of who comes, or goes.
If one would want to know how important one is, try ordering around another man's dog. Another experiment, dip your finger into a cup of water, then withdraw it. What remains of the hole? Nothing. It is once again filled, once the finger is withdrawn.

RugerFan
01-01-2007, 10:20 AM
Ok, so I never heard of a forum troll. I learned something new here. I do know what a symbiotic relationship is though. As with most relationships, there are rules. Experience level does not excuse disruptive behavior. Actions have consequences and we are all responsible for our own actions. I think much of this has been said here before, so I’ll stop beating a dead horse. I see most ignore these type of threads and just go on discussing cast boolits. Smart folks who I intend on emulating.

Char-Gar
01-01-2007, 11:51 AM
Ruger, et al. ... I agree it is time to move on. I have said everything I wanted and needed to say on the issue. I do want to be a positive influcence on the board and everything I said was said in that spirit. I have had some honest and frank conversation via PMs and in public and that is all I wanted.

So onward and upward ... Good Shooting and a great New Year to you all.

Gunload Master
01-01-2007, 11:25 PM
I would like to add a little something here if I could. I am a simple person and try to write simple that way for easier understanding.

I personally don't post very much on this forum unless it's for technical support. My online time consists of reading and responding to support e-mails from members, and making sure the server is up and running (to the best of my ability). I also try to skim over the boards to find topics of intrust for my liking to read.

Some of you really don't even know who I am because I am so silent in my postings. My name is Willy and I live in Pocatello Idaho. I am 25 years young and enjoy just about anything outdoors that you can think of. Today in fact, 9 of us (friends, family and new friends) took an all day trip to Island Park for a snowmobile adventure. Dam that was fun! I sure don't look forward to work in the morning, but it was more then worth it.

I ski, hunt, shoot, play softball, hike... You get the point I think.

In 2003 I just walked back in the house after coming back from the Range and shooting my .300 weatherby with some new loads. I got to thinking that day, it would be nice to have a place to put my loads that I could access easy.. It would also be nice to have a place to go to print targets. That was the idea behind GunLoads. It was that very day I went and bought the domain name GunLoads.com.

I have given many of you some FTP space to work with to start your own site. When I bought Gunloads.com and got into a low-budget server I was right where you were. I have server space, but what do I do with it? There's nothing there!

For the past three years I have been developing this site with related software, graphics, and writing up basic code to get this place where it is today. There is no possible way to count the time and money I have spent on this place, and to tell you the truth I wouldnt want any of that back, because it is time and money well spent. Why do you ask? Because this place as went from 1 visitor per day to over 3,500. And there is nothing better then bringing a community togeather that can share thoughts, ideas and have a fun time with everyone. That is how GunLoads and Cast Boolits was created. It was created with love and passion for what You, I, We enjoy doing.

Myself, Ken and the moderators are not people dressed in suits sitting around a table talking about how we can limit everyone's freedom of speech, and how we can control everyone's online lives! We are just your ordinary average individual, the person you sit by on the bus. The person you walk past on a busy street. Are we allowed to make mistakes? Are we allowed to express our opinion as all of you express yours? I sure hope so!

I ask that you don't look at us (us meaning the Administrators, the Moderators) as Strangers. Don't look at us as your Boss.... Look at us as your friends and neighbors. Please give us some
lenience. Give us some respect for what we do. We may not always make the right decision, but we do are best. We want this place to work, to continue to grow, and the best way we can do this is by getting along with one another.... Is that not correct?

I say this mind you, not as your Boss.. I say this as a 25 year old friend from Idaho... Take it the way you want to.

lead slinger
01-02-2007, 01:22 AM
I would like to add a little something here if I could. I am a simple person and try to write simple that way for easier understanding.

I personally don't post very much on this forum unless it's for technical support. My online time consists of reading and responding to support e-mails from members, and making sure the server is up and running (to the best of my ability). I also try to skim over the boards to find topics of intrust for my liking to read.

Some of you really don't even know who I am because I am so silent in my postings. My name is Willy and I live in Pocatello Idaho. I am 25 years young and enjoy just about anything outdoors that you can think of. Today in fact, 9 of us (friends, family and new friends) took an all day trip to Island Park for a snowmobile adventure. Dam that was fun! I sure don't look forward to work in the morning, but it was more then worth it.

I ski, hunt, shoot, play softball, hike... You get the point I think.

In 2003 I just walked back in the house after coming back from the Range and shooting my .300 weatherby with some new loads. I got to thinking that day, it would be nice to have a place to put my loads that I could access easy.. It would also be nice to have a place to go to print targets. That was the idea behind GunLoads. It was that very day I went and bought the domain name GunLoads.com.

I have given many of you some FTP space to work with to start your own site. When I bought Gunloads.com and got into a low-budget server I was right where you were. I have server space, but what do I do with it? There's nothing there!

For the past three years I have been developing this site with related software, graphics, and writing up basic code to get this place where it is today. There is no possible way to count the time and money I have spent on this place, and to tell you the truth I wouldnt want any of that back, because it is time and money well spent. Why do you ask? Because this place as went from 1 visitor per day to over 3,500. And there is nothing better then bringing a community togeather that can share thoughts, ideas and have a fun time with everyone. That is how GunLoads and Cast Boolits was created. It was created with love and passion for what You, I, We enjoy doing.

Myself, Ken and the moderators are not people dressed in suits sitting around a table talking about how we can limit everyone's freedom of speech, and how we can control everyone's online lives! We are just your ordinary average individual, the person you sit by on the bus. The person you walk past on a busy street. Are we allowed to make mistakes? Are we allowed to express our opinion as all of you express yours? I sure hope so!

I ask that you don't look at us (us meaning the Administrators, the Moderators) as Strangers. Don't look at us as your Boss.... Look at us as your friends and neighbors. Please give us some
lenience. Give us some respect for what we do. We may not always make the right decision, but we do are best. We want this place to work, to continue to grow, and the best way we can do this is by getting along with one another.... Is that not correct?

I say this mind you, not as your Boss.. I say this as a 25 year old friend from Idaho... Take it the way you want to.

BRAVO!!!!!!!!!! :drinks: