PDA

View Full Version : Pan Lube cookie cutter.

Freightman
05-16-2011, 07:04 PM
I ordered a spring loaded cutter to cut my .459 boolits out of the lube ( yes I could have made one but I ordered this one from a link here a month ago. Well today is the first day I have had time to use it and it was worth every penny works beautifully

Ben
05-16-2011, 08:55 PM
Photos ? ?

MikeS
05-17-2011, 01:55 PM
Is it the WaxMeister that you got? If so, I agree, it's a nice tool. I have one with a cutter for 45 pistol, and 38 pistol boolits, and I just modified a cartridge casing so I can use it for 30 cal rifle boolit as well. That pretty much covers what I cast for at the moment. If it's a different tool, then as Ben said, Photos??

Ziptar
05-17-2011, 04:34 PM
The Waxmeister looks interesting but the hand position looks uncomfortable to me.

http://i647.photobucket.com/albums/uu193/pavelow16478/WaxMeister/PanTool5.jpg

I've got a couple of Lee cutters already.

I'm wondering if its eaiser to pop them out the bottom or let them push themselves out the top.

Freightman
05-17-2011, 04:50 PM
The thing I like is I sit them in the box I am going to store them in without ever touching the boolit. The hand position can be adjusted to comfort, I found the "sweet" spot and you can cut a lot of boolits out fast.
It is better than pushing them out as some would come out without very much lube on them with the tool they are all the same.

Ziptar
05-18-2011, 07:07 AM
Freightman. Good info. Thanks.

I might just get one.

When I first saw one my first thought was that it might work easier or faster if it was more like the old type hypodermic syringes.

http://www.medicantica.com/EN/Syringe/Down_Bros_Syringe/Down_Bros_Syringe2.jpg

Since you got one, what do you think?

MikeS
05-18-2011, 08:13 PM
I found with the WaxMeister that if I size the boolits first before lubing them, then when I cut them out I not only have nicely filled lube grooves, but I also have a very thin coating on the driving bands of the boolit. Supposedly this will help with the sealing of the boolit (according to Richard Lee in his book), so it's like tumble lubing in that regard.