PDA

View Full Version : Belding & Mull update

rmcc
05-15-2011, 11:53 PM
Have started something here that will take a long time to complete as powders come and go. If this duplicates other info or info that came with the measure, I apologize for repetition.
I was loading some 38/55's tonight with IMR 4198 and for the the heck of it I set the micrometer to 25.0 grs. just to see how close it was. It was exactly 25.0 grs. I then checked a bunch of weight settings on the micrometer and they all came out within a 1/10th everytime. To me that is accurate with a "stick" powder! Anyway, IMR 4198 meters with the micrometer settings on a B&M measure, at least mine does. So now I am going to catalog what poders I can with the micrometer and see how I do. As you can tell I am a big fan of B&M measures, have 2 will get more as I can.

Rich

Waldog
05-16-2011, 11:42 AM
I have B&M measure that is BY FAR the most accurate and consistent powder measure I own.. Wish they were still being made.

Kevin Rohrer
05-16-2011, 01:01 PM
Yes, it is very accurate, providing you are consistent in its operation.

I am now comparing mine with a Quick-Measure, which is a descendant of the B&M.

Steelbanger
05-16-2011, 02:10 PM
I would bet that I have run over a ton of powder through my B & L over the years and it's still going strong. I record the micro. settings on every load and store this info on file cards.

I also have a new RCBS measure waiting in the wings but so far haven't needed it.

Newtire
05-19-2011, 08:29 AM
I have forgotten about my other measures since using this one.. Use it for everything.

Bradley
05-20-2011, 11:16 AM
I have B&M measure that is BY FAR the most accurate and consistent powder measure I own.. Wish they were still being made.

They are, of course. MVA is making them. And a few years ago there was another company producing new ones. Buffalo Arms was handling those.

PacMan
05-20-2011, 08:02 PM
The one MVA is making is one nice powder measure. Very accurate compared to most production measures with powders like Unique and R22. If you order expect about a 4 week wait time but worth the wait.
Dwight