PDA

View Full Version : CZ 75 Checkmate

ebner glocken
05-14-2011, 11:14 PM
Have any of you shot one of these? I've never even seen one in the flesh. Model was discontinued for awhile and seems to be back in production. That's alot of money to plunk down without at least hearing some unbiased opinions on.

My real question is: I don't doubt it's better than a production 75 but is it 3500 bucks good?

Ebner

jameslovesjammie
05-15-2011, 04:34 PM
The Czechmate is a new production gun introduced two years ago in Europe and last year here in the States. You may be thinking of the Champion, which was built on a 75B action (and now discontinued). The Czechmate is on the Tactical Sport frame.

The gun comes with two barrels. One is ported, one isn't. It also comes with a C-Moore mount and sight. It comes with (3) 20 round magazines and (1) 26 round Big Stick. It is designed to be a "factory custom" gun and compete with STI's, SVI's, and Henning Witnesses. It is meant to be a race gun, through and through.

I haven't shot one, but have shot a Tactical Sport from CZ Custom. It has, without a doubt, the best trigger of any semiauto I have ever shot. No issues whatsoever accuracy or reliability. My Uncle used it hard for a year shooting USPSA and 3-gun. He sold it at the time due to a lack of aftermarket race parts. CZ Custom now has a WIDE array of parts for the gun.

Is the Czechmate worth $3,500? It depends. If you are shooting USPSA and want to switch from Limited to Open...you are going to spend that much for one gun alone. (although shooting limited with a 9mm isn't a winning proposition either)