PDA

View Full Version : 450's together

charger 1
12-23-2006, 06:53 AM
I mentioned in another thread I was doing this. Well its done. #1-s chambered to 450 alaskan. Got home here a little while ago. Put the moyers trigger in. Didnt find that it was a whole lot better than outta the box,so diddled,honed, filed and fiddled till I got a trigger that breaks like glass now. Fire lapped 10 400 gritters down her(we wont get in to why I do that with a new gun)...Took one loop off the hammer spring so the wife couldnt feel the floor boards shake upstairs when I dried fired. A lot float the forend, I've noticed that hard constant contact at forend tip is what big boomers like, so I did my strip of blach electrical tape tween wood and metal at tip, and tightened hang outta the forend screw. Daughter made me a shell sleeve(bless her hands)....Oh and with the new loopy 1.5-5 vari iii, she'll put 350 grainers doin 2320 in one hole at my eighty yard range...Ya I know those copper blobs look like pidgeon crap hangin off a window sill, but I aint usin 5 boxes as fishing sinkers, so down the range their goin. I figure in spring their ok under 50 yds on gophers. Still waiting on my 380 gr LBT LFN mold...Anyhoo dat be dat. Oh not quite. We some times associate muzzle flash with unburnt powder, hence bad accuracy. A theory I would normally subscribe to,yet this little pecker puts out a flame in daylight with 3031 that temporarily blinds and still holds one holers. I'm hopin to breake 2400 with the cast...Ok high 23's :^)
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y259/Chargerdive/HPIM0868-1.jpg
even though its slight,you can see that shoulder from here ahem hem

rvpilot76
12-25-2006, 03:38 PM
Hmmm...2320 with 350's; I'll bet she pushes on both ends, huh? That's about 220 fps faster than I'm shooting for with my 350's and my 45/70 Cowboy. Great shooter! I've got some contraption here in Idaho at one of the sporting goods stores that gets bedded into the forearms that puts pressure on the barrel, like you mentioned, through mechanical means. Upon seeing it, I thought it would be just the thing for the #1's. Have you guys seen the stainless #1 Tropical 375 H&H with laminated stock? That's one beautiful rifle! http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a271/rvpilot76/stainlesstropical.jpg

Kevin