PDA

View Full Version : Finally found a permanent home for the press.

RugerSP101
05-13-2011, 10:02 AM
I live in an apt so Im limited on space and have looked for months for just what I wanted at a price (yes, Im cheap) I felt I wanted to pay.
Got this stand at Harbor Freight for $20 on sale. It claims to be able to handle 1000 pounds...I seriously doubt that, but no doubt it'll handle this little press and whatever stress my little arms can put on it.

I had a couple old 15 pound weights sitting in a closet to counter balance the force put on the press. Hanging them from the back works really well because it keeps the table pulled against the wall, and keeps the table top really secure.
I would like to get it into its own corner at some point.
http://americansforguns.com/stuff/reloadingpress.jpg

Ozark Howler
05-13-2011, 10:57 AM
Nice job...should work well for you until you have more space....good luck

WILCO
05-13-2011, 11:16 AM
Nice job...should work well for you until you have more space....good luck

I agree.

wallenba
05-13-2011, 11:42 AM
Yep, good product. I modified the same one for my casting setup.
You can attach a board to the bottom horizontal brace on the right side to extend past the press about a foot or so. One bolt can act as a hinge pivot, and another that can be removed readily. This will create a cantilever to prevent it from tipping during use, and fold out of the way later.

RugerSP101
05-13-2011, 08:08 PM
Yep, good product. I modified the same one for my casting setup.
You can attach a board to the bottom horizontal brace on the right side to extend past the press about a foot or so. One bolt can act as a hinge pivot, and another that can be removed readily. This will create a cantilever to prevent it from tipping during use, and fold out of the way later.

Wow. I really miss my 5 BR ranch and garage :D
This apt living is a real drag.

Catshooter
05-13-2011, 08:30 PM
We do what we gotta do, don't we. I mean we ain't gonna stop casting and loading, are we? :)

Cat

Digger
05-13-2011, 08:39 PM
You mean I have to actually measure my closet ? .... that means I have to try and hold the yard stick horizontal ...:lol:
Then measure one of those benches ......

buck1
05-13-2011, 10:22 PM
That will work. It does not have to be fancy to be good.

mdi
05-15-2011, 11:18 AM
When I move into my new house, I got one of those stands from HF to hold my miter saw (I was building a place to reload). Very stable, just the right height. I plan on using it as a stand for my saw, drill press, and belt sander 'cause my benches are taken up by presses and tool boxes...

troyboy
05-15-2011, 02:57 PM
I had that exact stand for the exact reason. I made a new top out of 3/4 plywood. I did not like the way the sides flexed. It is now a stand for my drill press. I would be curios how that Lee stand would work.

RugerSP101
05-17-2011, 10:40 PM
Boy am I glad to hear others bought this stand and liked it :D
It seems sturdy enough except for the partical board top. I'll be replacing it with plywood at some later point myself.
With the weights on the rear side it works really well with the Lee press. The top did move around a bit before I put the weights on, but now its solid as a rock.
:)