PDA

View Full Version : Deal of the day...OFF TOPIC

Gussy
12-22-2006, 06:09 PM
My wife failed to see the bargain.

I told her I had just bought the deal of the year. She asked what caliber (she's learning). A couple of weeks back, she told my son I had made another installment in our retirement portfolio, bought another Browning 1885.

Back to the deal of the day... I bought a 3 point hay mower for my JD tractor for $100.00 and the guy is throwing in a bunch of spare parts, a new sickle, and even a second mower for other parts. This is my road ditch mower. I told her my buddy bought a new one for his tractor, $3500.00

Then it got bad..... She said that she thought the JD 420 crawler that I bought 4 months back was supposed to be the deal. Then she brought up the mini excavator. Then it got back to fact that I now have 6 tractors and no farm and I'm running out of places to store "stuff". Ever get caught with your foot in your mouth and your pants around your ankles. Can't come up with words and can't run. I was had.......

I finally got my mind engaged and reminded her that one of the Cats was sold, I was just waiting for the guy to pick it up. After the JD crawler was up and running (did I mention it needed a "little work"??) I would sell the other Cat. The smaller yard tractor would go up for sale in the spring. The "parts JD crawler" would also be sold. This quick thinking saved my bacon....until spring when all this is supposed to happen. Oh well maybe she will have forgotten by then.
Gus

Ricochet
12-22-2006, 06:41 PM
Well, obviously all you need to do is find a great deal on a farm...

kenjuudo
12-22-2006, 07:37 PM
I remember my grampa haveing his last cup of coffe before heading out, telling grama he was gonna go into town and look into getting a new tractor.

Without turning from the dishes she told him he didn't need a new tractor.

Gramps took another sip of coffee, stood up and said "Fortyfive years ago I didn't NEED you either."

They brought the new tractor out two days later.

Scrounger
12-22-2006, 07:48 PM
I remember my grampa haveing his last cup of coffe before heading out, telling grama he was gonna go into town and look into getting a new tractor.

Without turning from the dishes she told him he didn't need a new tractor.

Gramps took another sip of coffee, stood up and said "Fortyfive years ago I didn't NEED you either."

They brought the new tractor out two days later.

These days, Granny would get the tractor in the divorce. Or she'd get the farm and the lawyer would get the tractor.

PatMarlin
12-22-2006, 07:49 PM
Whos got the tractor now?.. :mrgreen:

kenjuudo
12-22-2006, 08:21 PM
Granny got the tractor and the farm the old fashioned way, she outlived the ol' boy:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Turned the place over to an uncle and moved her butt into one of those retirement communities where she enjoyed the hell out of hersefl.

The old Ford 9n is still chugging around, uncle considers it family.

jim

montana_charlie
12-22-2006, 10:02 PM
Ever get caught with your foot in your mouth and your pants around your ankles.
Yeah! That's how I got my head wedged in my own back pocket and couldn't do anything but listen to myself fart...
CM

Explorer1
12-23-2006, 12:29 AM
"......she told my son I had made another installment in our retirement portfolio, bought another Browning 1885."

Sounds like you had permission for another 1885 (ok, at least acceptance) and might have missed the chance?

Lloyd Smale
12-23-2006, 07:47 AM
Gussy that deal of the century stuff has worn pretty thin here. You are all set to go into my mode though. Just dont say anything. You have enough of them now that she wont even notice another if its in the yard!

PatMarlin
12-23-2006, 09:34 AM
I wish my wife was a huntin' gal like Jims. Well- she supports my passion, cept when money's short.. :coffee: WHEN isn't money short?.. :roll: [smilie=1: :confused: :Fire:

corvette8n
12-23-2006, 10:29 AM
One can never have too many:
Tractors;
Old Guns;
Old cars.
Big boy toy rules say so.

Bret4207
12-23-2006, 11:25 AM
Tractors;
Old Guns;
Old cars.

Oh yes, you can have too many. But you never, ever ADMIT you have too many!

gregg
12-24-2006, 11:45 PM
Tractors;
Old Guns;
Old cars.

True! Has to be carved in stone somewhere

Gussy
12-26-2006, 03:35 PM
At least my wife didn't hold it against me to long, I got a new Stihl chain saw for xmas. Now I will have to cut down the brush I told her I would remove if I had a smaller, lighter chain saw.
Gus