PDA

View Full Version : OT: gun club membership software

corvette8n
12-22-2006, 12:53 PM
Our secretary of the local Rod and Gun club is looking for software to track membership does anyone know what your club is using.

PatMarlin
12-22-2006, 01:27 PM
Believe it or not microsoft Outlook Express is an exquisit filing system and tracking system. Even if a member doesn't have email, simply type name or how ever you wish to title your profile in the email adress bar, or subject bar.

Create a file folders under what ever heading name you would like.

The search function is awesome... search instantly by first or last name.

I run my whole business using that program including invoicing. If you get past the thought of it being "Email Only" it is truly amazing what you can do with it.. :drinks:

Explorer1
12-23-2006, 12:31 AM
We have about 300 members and use a home tailored database using Acess. It really depends on what you want to do with it combined with the ability of the users. Simple has its benefits..........

OldBob
12-23-2006, 06:24 AM
We use Microsoft Excel, simple to run and very flexible, the ability to sort by any of the parameters is really useful. Quattro Pro is about the same and Open Office is a free office suite with a spreadsheet that is compatible with Excel.

Must have had too much Christmas dinner when I posted this........ we do use Excel, but membership records, mailings, etc. are in Microsoft Access, financial records are kept in Quicken.

Open Office here http://www.openoffice.org/

guninhand
12-26-2006, 11:17 PM
I'm secretary at our local club and I use Microsoft Excel. For mailing I use Microsoft word and address labels.

I keep one file in both programs where people are added but never deleted unless they die. That way if people drop out but join a few years later you still have their basic info.