PDA

View Full Version : 38 S&W cases?

Molly
05-11-2011, 10:33 PM
Hi guys,

This is sorta cheating, because I've posted this request on the 'selling & swqpping" forum, but I'm having a surprisingly hard time finding dies and cases for a 38 S&W (not 38 special) revolver. I'm hoping to reach someone who has moved on and has a set of dies and / or supply of cases lying about unused.

If that's you, drop me a PM and let me know what you have and what you want for it. I'd love to find a carbide sizer (had one once, & sold it years ago), but I'll take what I can find.

thanks,
Molly

MtGun44
05-11-2011, 11:18 PM
Molly,

PM klcarroll, if you don't mind NO headstamp on new .38 S&W brass.

Bill

Molly
05-12-2011, 12:28 AM
Molly,

PM klcarroll, if you don't mind NO headstamp on new .38 S&W brass.

Bill

I'll do it, but the lack of a headstamp is interesting. I packed around several boxes of 38 S&W with no headstamp for about 20 years before I sold them here a little while ago, figuring I'd never need them. (Sad grin) They were in Win boxes.

ReloaderFred
05-12-2011, 12:58 AM
Some people use the .38 Super Carbide sizing die for the .38 S&W. There's a very minimal difference in the diameter between the two and they're both straight walled.

Hope this helps.

Fred

David LaPell
05-12-2011, 07:07 AM
If I can ever get to it I inherited a ton of loaded .38 S & W but since I don't trust other people's reloads I haven't shot them or had time to pull the bullets from them. If I can get around to it I'll give you the brass since I have no use for it. At least 150 maybe even 200 of the little things. I just want the bullets since I think they are all really loaded with .357 diameter stuff and not .361.