PDA

View Full Version : I finally saw a lever gun I DO NOT want to own, yet another Taurus oddity.

Ziptar
05-11-2011, 07:15 AM
http://www.rossiusa.com/2011newcatalog/images/05_1.jpg

Taurus Circuit Judge Lever Action (http://www.rossiusa.com/2011newcatalog/?catalog_page=5)

Does it even count as a lever gun? or is it a revolver?

Seems like a firearm that seeks to do it all but doesn nothing well.

http://www.rossiusa.com/2011newcatalog/images/05_6.jpg

and it's ugly to boot...

I have to ask why?? Seems double action on a revolver is natural. Adding a lever and bobbing the hammer just complicates things.

I guess the appeal is the "coolness" factor? As in something you don't see at the range often.

Trey45
05-11-2011, 07:28 AM
I bet they market this abortion to the same people who think the judge is the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Dan Cash
05-11-2011, 08:07 AM
All the elegance of a crippled rhino. Uff dah!

kenjuudo
05-11-2011, 08:15 AM
Was it designed by congress?

gewehrfreund
05-11-2011, 08:21 AM
Whoever designs/approves these "things" needs more medication.........LOTS more.

Heavy lead
05-11-2011, 08:23 AM
Maybe the next "improvement" will be a AR-15 charge handle, and maybe a flash hider.
Oh, where's the rail?

bobthenailer
05-11-2011, 08:23 AM
Talk about starting with a clean slate to designe a new firearm ! UGLEY put a bag over it !
Why not just buy a regular pump shotgun ! Probley less expensive.

What i dont understand is, if years ago before the judge became popular, if you told someone that you had a 410 shotgun for home protection, most everyone would have said why not a 12ga or at least a 20 ga ?
Today put a 410 in a pistol, reduce the velocity approx 500 fps ,from a shotguns barrel length .
and its the greatest thing since sliced bread ? for some people.
I am dumbfounded !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

klcarroll
05-11-2011, 09:10 AM
Hmmm........

It makes the "Mare's Leg" look like a practical, effective weapon!

The least they could have done would have been to lose the .45 LC option (with it's 2" chamber "jump") and equip it with a smoothbore 18" barrel!

The part of this whole .410 handgun concept that I have never been able to understand is the PRICE Taurus commands for their "Fudge" revolvers.

Kent

gnoahhh
05-11-2011, 09:15 AM
What an abortion! The solution to a problem that didn't exist. What the hell were those people thinking?

rollmyown
05-11-2011, 09:36 AM
WOW - I mostly see guns as good lookin or plain. This one is just plain ugly.

bearcove
05-11-2011, 09:41 AM
Wow...

BABore
05-11-2011, 10:11 AM
I wonder how the gas escaping from the cylinder gap feels on the inside of your arm when you hold the forend.

bbailey7821
05-11-2011, 10:34 AM
***? I think they may need to lay off the "medicine" a bit...

:holysheep

bowfin
05-11-2011, 10:34 AM
What the hell were those people thinking?

I said the same thing when Taurus brought out the judge. However, one cannot argue with success, as a gun manufacturer needs to build guns that people buy, not ones that make sense.

...at least it's not another 1911 or AR...

waksupi
05-11-2011, 10:39 AM
I've shot the old cap and ball models,and you definitely want to keep your arm well shielded, or behind the cylinder gap. One guy claimed he has shot one, and the cylinder is shielded so the problem doesn't exist with these. From what I know of the guy from other conversations though, I consider him a complete blithering idiot, and is definitely not a go to person for gun advise.

Jim
05-11-2011, 10:44 AM
That's about a goofy lookin' "thing", whatever you call it.

Did you see the specs down at the bottom? Straight rifled choke? No matter what you send down the barrel, I'm real curious as to what's gonna happen when the shot sleeve/charge or bullet hits that straight choke. I can't see the spin stopping before the surface of the charge strips off.

bearcove
05-11-2011, 12:13 PM
Its like a contender choke probably. Its works, sorta...

btroj
05-11-2011, 12:36 PM
I think I might buy one. Cut the barrel and stock down.

How ugly and useless could a Mares leg Judge be?

kelbro
05-11-2011, 12:58 PM
Saw a show about this the other day and I think it is the Taurus president's dream gun. Their marketing people have their work cut out for them.

Piedmont
05-11-2011, 12:58 PM
I'm pretty sure I remember reading after the SHOT show that they did something to redirect gases at the barrel/cylinder gap.

Bullshop
05-11-2011, 01:07 PM
Buy one just to enter in Jr's ugly gun contest.

Jeff H
05-11-2011, 03:13 PM
.......I guess the appeal is the "coolness" factor? As in something you don't see at the range often.......

:popcorn:
Waiting, watching to see what they will come up with next.

I try not to criticize others' chioices in knives and firearms, and am pretty good about it, but these literally makes me spontaneously laugh out loud when I see them.

Someone, somewhere thinks there are enough people out ther who would buy it to justify the expense of tooling up - and that's fine by me as long as it doesn't adversely affect the continued availability of the current levers.

When I say "current levers"............... I think that I am not meaning to include this thing - even though it has a lever................ as my toilet has a lever too, of course.

EMC45
05-11-2011, 03:15 PM
Talk about starting with a clean slate to designe a new firearm ! UGLEY put a bag over it !

What i dont understand is, if years ago before the judge became popular, if you told someone that you had a 410 shotgun for home protection, most everyone would have said why not a 12ga or at least a 20 ga ?
Today put a 410 in a pistol, reduce the velocity approx 500 fps ,from a shotguns barrel length .
and its the greatest thing since sliced bread ? for some people.
I am dumbfounded !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Couldn't have said it better!

Bullshop
05-11-2011, 03:34 PM
And it comes equipped with a scope base for what reason? Long range shotgunning?
Perhaps to get the utmost accuracy from the 45s with the 2 1/2" free wheeling jump through the cylinder to the barrel or rifling or what ever they put after the cylinder.
I am slightly insulted by the design to be honest. It says that Americans are so gun crazy they will buy anything called a gun.

klcarroll
05-11-2011, 03:39 PM
...........I am slightly insulted by the design to be honest. It says that Americans are so gun crazy they will buy anything called a gun.

+1

Kent

jtaylor1960
05-11-2011, 04:23 PM
If you are a collector you should buy now.A year from now you won't see one.

robertbank
05-11-2011, 04:30 PM
Just what the taticool crowd needs for their back-up gun when the SHTF as they love to post. Hang a light here and a laser there and perhaps a bayonet and you have an all purpose tacti-rifle. Shoot zombies at night and ducks during the day. Perfect!

Take Care

Bob

btroj
05-11-2011, 06:07 PM
You forgot the vertical hand grip. Maybe a collapsing stock?
It is one odd looking gun. Not sure what exactly it was designed to do? Besides go boom.

hoosierlogger
05-11-2011, 06:29 PM
it is definitely not the prettiest girl at the dance thats for sure.

robertbank
05-11-2011, 06:59 PM
It is one odd looking gun. Not sure what exactly it was designed to do? Besides go boom.

Right on and a scope with a side mounted red dot sight as well.

Take care

Bob

9.3X62AL
05-11-2011, 07:22 PM
Saw a show about this the other day and I think it is the Taurus president's dream gun. Their marketing people have their work cut out for them.

That guy needs to put down the crack pipe, and check himself into rehab. Forthwith.

Simonpie
05-11-2011, 07:23 PM
I've always thought that if they can sell the judge, then somebody could make a modern cartridge "Le Mat" revolver. If someone other than Taurus did it you'd have a somewhat useless, but very beautiful revolver.

jlchucker
05-11-2011, 07:38 PM
What makes this even more weird than it is already is knowing that there was never a TV western where they used one of these. I would think that the market would be pretty small, since there's no Steve McQueen wannabees or anyone else for the TV watchers to fantasize about with one of these.

wgr
05-11-2011, 07:47 PM
my eyes are sore

Bullshop
05-11-2011, 08:01 PM
Maybe we will see Ahnode use it in the next Tuwminata

dnepr
05-11-2011, 08:12 PM
The circiut judge is a restricted weapon in Canada ( no one can tell me why) this may be an end run around Canadian gun laws . That is just a guess, the whole .410 revolver concept isn't my cup of tea but to each their own

Ziptar
05-11-2011, 09:22 PM
Found some pictures of the Circuit Judge "Blast Shields", just seems wrong. This might date me but, kind of reminds me of the little plastic shield that covered the differential that Ford installed as a fix on Pintos to keep them from exploding in rear end collisions.

http://www.gunblast.com/Taurus-CircuitJudge.htm
"Blast shields protect the shooter's arms from powder gases and residue."
http://www.gunblast.com/images/Taurus-CircuitJudge/Thumbs/DSC00060.jpg http://www.gunblast.com/images/Taurus-CircuitJudge/Thumbs/DSC00112.jpg

btroj
05-11-2011, 09:28 PM
Why can't these companies just stick to making proven designs that sell? If Taurus was to make a decent leveracrion rifle, maybe a Win 92, that was of decent quality and at a reasonable price,how many would they sell?

Jeff H
05-11-2011, 09:43 PM
The circiut judge is a restricted weapon in Canada ( no one can tell me why) ..........

National pride?;-)

Ziptar
05-11-2011, 09:45 PM

Probably? Definitely!

I bought a High Standard Flite-King 18-7 Riot Shotgun last year for $200.00.

Not only is it a beauty it has the smoothest action of any pump action 12 Gauge I've ever used.

http://www.ziptar.com/High_Standard/High_Standard_Flite_King_18-7_Riot_01.jpg

If I want to shoot 45 Colt thats what the Marlin 1894 is for :-D (or soon a S&W Model 25).

bbqncigars
05-11-2011, 11:29 PM
Now while I'll admit to being moderately intrigued by the Mateba revolver, this thing doesn't do anything for me besides a '***?'

klcarroll
05-12-2011, 12:34 AM
Well.........., It looks to me like one of the Taurus designers suffered some kind of affliction, and before anyone realized what had happened, he had whipped up a set of prints and sent them to the shop! (LOL!!)

.....But this brings me to a serious question: ....If Taurus is willing to devote both R&D and Production time to a questionable product like this; .....When are they going to do something really useful: .........Like produce a modern reproduction of my Beloved Webleys???

Just imagine a Mark VI repro done in modern steels, and offered in a selection of modern calibers!! (.....I get a chubby just thinking about it!)

Oooops! ....Sorry!! .....I know, I know......, this is a Levergun Forum! (I'll stop now.)

Kent

ironhead7544
05-12-2011, 05:06 AM
This was done for legal reasons. Since the Judge fires one shot per trigger pull it is considered a semi auto in some places and would be illegal. Stupid, I know but that is the law. Saw this explanation some where on the net. They could have just made it a single action instead IMHO.

klcarroll
05-12-2011, 09:32 AM
This was done for legal reasons. Since the Judge fires one shot per trigger pull it is considered a semi auto in some places and would be illegal. Stupid, I know but that is the law. Saw this explanation some where on the net. They could have just made it a single action instead IMHO.

So in these jurisdictions, a Revolver is now a Semi-Auto Pistol????

....When are they going to legislate that Day is really Night and that Black is really White, and be done with it???

Jeez! ......This Country needs an enema!

Kent

northmn
05-12-2011, 01:16 PM
The ones I had seen had a plate under the cylinder gap to redirect flash. When I asked about the Judge revolver I was told by a knowlegeable sales person that hunts, that the Judge was being purchased by some that could picture themselves shooting grouse out of their car with it. He claimed that even telling them it likely will not work for that, some buy it. Even the old contenders with the shorter barrels would draw a lot of feathers and no bird more often than desired. A good single shot 410 is much handier for that pupose. The whole thing is a solution looking for a problem.

DP

izzyjoe
05-12-2011, 10:01 PM
that thing looks like a mudd fence, i'd hate to confess to ever owning somthing that ugly. it would make a mean lookin' club too.:lol: marlin and winny made .410 leverguns few years back, and they did'nt sell to well. so they assume this is gona fly, sure ha ha! [smilie=1:

lathesmith
05-12-2011, 11:34 PM
When I first saw this post, I thought it was a joke, I really did. Taurus is actually making this thing? I thought it was like a Jackalope, and...hey wait a minute, that's it! This thing is the ideal jackalope huntin' gun! Bullshop, that scope mount is so you can zero in on those really long shots--like 20 yards! What will the geniuses at Taurus think of next?

lathesmith

stubshaft
05-13-2011, 02:51 AM
I can see this one already, "Taurus *** which alloy for the shot?"

rollmyown
05-13-2011, 10:00 AM
Hey Chris, is there a bag limit on those Jackalopes? :kidding:

John Taylor
05-13-2011, 10:17 AM
Love to have one of those hanging on the shop wall. Don't think it would ever be shot. Sometimes you need something to get peoples minds off what's going on in this country and that thing would do it.

Three44s
05-14-2011, 11:02 AM
It's been a long winter .........

Oh, wait ............. it was summer down there .......... those RD folks should have spent more time out on the beach with the girls!

Three 44s

redneckdan
05-14-2011, 12:12 PM
Never before have I been ashamed of my fellow engineers. Puzzled...yes. Frustrated...perhaps. Ashamed?.....not till now....

:killingpc:killingpc:killingpc:killingpc:killingpc :killingpc:killingpc:killingpc:killingpc

1Shirt
05-14-2011, 05:00 PM
If I was 30 years younger I would buy a couple of the ugly looking things as investments, oil them down and keep them in a box. Bet they double in price 3-4 times if not more in that period as collectors items.
1Shirt!:coffee:

Four Fingers of Death
05-14-2011, 09:35 PM
I think I might buy one. Cut the barrel and stock down.

How ugly and useless could a Mares leg Judge be?

No need to, just buy the original handgun version.

The handguns were bought out for Judges to use from the bench. They used 410 shotshells with virtually no choke, for a Judge to be able to scoop up in a hurry and shoot any attacker who was rushing the bench, or for use outside. There was a greater margin for error which would be necessary for a judge who was sitting concentrating on the proceedings and was suddendly thrust into an unannounced live or die battle. You have to be a ******* to be a judge in South America with drug cartels running riot.

The carbine is abviously an extension of that idea, but I could see better option for car travel, home defense, etc.

But ugly, but it is designed as a human charge stopper to be used by a judge whose only interest in firearms is to stay alive and go home at the end of the day.

geargnasher
05-15-2011, 01:58 AM
:popcorn:
- and that's fine by me as long as it doesn't adversely affect the continued availability of the current levers.

When I say "current levers"............... I think that I am not meaning to include this thing - even though it has a lever................ as my toilet has a lever too, of course.

And it comes equipped with a scope base for what reason? Long range shotgunning?
Perhaps to get the utmost accuracy from the 45s with the 2 1/2" free wheeling jump through the cylinder to the barrel or rifling or what ever they put after the cylinder.
I am slightly insulted by the design to be honest. It says that Americans are so gun crazy they will buy anything called a gun.

Just what the taticool crowd needs for their back-up gun when the SHTF as they love to post. Hang a light here and a laser there and perhaps a bayonet and you have an all purpose tacti-rifle. Shoot zombies at night and ducks during the day. Perfect!

Take Care

Bob

Right on and a scope with a side mounted red dot sight as well.

Take care

Bob

The circiut judge is a restricted weapon in Canada ( no one can tell me why) this may be an end run around Canadian gun laws . That is just a guess, the whole .410 revolver concept isn't my cup of tea but to each their own

National pride?;-)

I laughed so hard I just about fell out of my chair reading all of this! The responses are even more fun than the pic! (might be the ONLY good reason to buy one).

Gear

Four Fingers of Death
05-15-2011, 05:14 AM
The penny just dropped. Why do they need a lever on a gun that is based on a double action revolver?

These revolvers are cool, goofy looking, but 'justice' has been delivered on many drug cartel black hats by switched on judges in South America.

Not available here, maybe if they stamped it 45 Colt???? :)

btroj
05-15-2011, 07:53 AM
Well, that might be the problem. We aren't in South America. Our judges are more likely to throw a fit than to throw lead at someone.
For a guy who wants a gun sitting in a drawer or something they may be practical but I have heard of people looking at the Judge for CCW! Wonder how that worked out?

Brad

Southern Son
05-15-2011, 08:37 AM
It needs a few modifications, vertical front grip, 12-42X Nightforce scope, bi-pod, and the final modification would be to thow it into a wood chipper. God, that is ugly. I can't see it becomming a colector item, no matter how few are made. First, it is a Taurus, who collects them? (It's not like it is a Smitth and Wesson or a Savage or old Remmington). Second, it is so ugly, it might just suck the beauty out of any guns that it got put into a safe with it.

Four Fingers of Death
05-15-2011, 10:15 AM
Just get a Remington 870 Wingmaster in 410 with a shorter bbl. be a better bit of kit all round. Not as good as a 12Ga 870 though.

Matthew 25
05-16-2011, 12:50 AM
This thing is missing a very important feature. A double cup holder with long curly straws so you can drink a Redbull and a diet sprite while shooting pigeons in the barn. Maybe an attachment spot at the end of the barrel for a pigeon decoy.

Ziptar
05-16-2011, 08:36 AM
This thing is missing a very important feature. A double cup holder with long curly straws so you can drink a Redbull and a diet sprite while shooting pigeons in the barn. Maybe an attachment spot at the end of the barrel for a pigeon decoy.

LOL!

Maybe a holster for a TV remote too. Got to have something to do while waiting on them barn pidgeons.

Olevern
05-16-2011, 09:50 AM
Whoever designs/approves these "things" needs more medication.........LOTS more.

The're takin way too much medication already!

Suo Gan
05-17-2011, 02:08 AM
All the logical guns shooters scream for, and then you get this sort of thing. Makes you wonder.

songdog53
05-17-2011, 08:27 AM
Not sure what these folks were smoking but it diffently isn't good for them.

Southern Son
05-18-2011, 07:00 AM
All the logical guns shooters scream for, and then you get this sort of thing. Makes you wonder.

That is because we want the wrong things. You see, all these marketing types have sat down and decided that this is exactly what we want. Anyone who wants a new Savage 99 is out of touch.

358wcf
05-18-2011, 04:34 PM
I believe this thing is designed to meet the ridiculous laws we have in California.
The Judge handgun is not legal for sale in California. I'll be good money this ugly thing was modified/designed to be saleable in California, which is a really big market for firearms. Lots of buyers here, and lots of them have $$$ to spend.

The design is ugly- that's all there is to it- I've shot the Judge handgun and have no use for it at all- Thankyou, No!

Chuck
358wcf [smilie=1:[smilie=1:[smilie=1:

bowfin
05-18-2011, 05:06 PM
Has anybody ever slugged the cylinders on a Taurus Judge?

How about the barrel?

Four Fingers of Death
05-19-2011, 11:51 PM
I said it earlier, but why use a lever? The judge is a DA revolver isn't it?

Don't make no kinda sense, unless the laws in California forbid it?

Longwood
05-20-2011, 01:25 AM

I might want one if it was a pump instead of a lever action. I really like a pistol grip stock but that one could use some design improvements.

scb
05-20-2011, 02:41 PM
You're all correct it's a fugly *** of dubious value, but I'm curious as to how it works. The lever must work something akin to a 99 Savage I'd guess. Be interesting to see an exploded view.

scb
05-20-2011, 02:49 PM

FWIW see post 43

GH1
05-21-2011, 07:25 AM
It's definately a conversation piece, as four pages worth of posts point out. However, I really counldn't see myself owning one. If I was in the market for a .45 lever I'd go with a Marlin, or something like it. Better resale, more capacity, and more power due to no cylinder/barrel gap.
i think this was purely a design exercise for the engineers, something companies like to do when they're very profitable. It was probably a fun project to work on, and they'll probably sell a few. It is something of a novelty.
GH1

Rafe Covington
05-21-2011, 04:00 PM
http://www.rossiusa.com/2011newcatalog/images/05_1.jpg

Taurus Circuit Judge Lever Action (http://www.rossiusa.com/2011newcatalog/?catalog_page=5)

Does it even count as a lever gun? or is it a revolver?

Seems like a firearm that seeks to do it all but doesn nothing well.

http://www.rossiusa.com/2011newcatalog/images/05_6.jpg

and it's ugly to boot...

I have to ask why?? Seems double action on a revolver is natural. Adding a lever and bobbing the hammer just complicates things.

I guess the appeal is the "coolness" factor? As in something you don't see at the range often.

I would suggest not buying one if you don't like it.:drinks:

Harold

Southern Son
05-22-2011, 03:49 AM
You're all correct it's a fugly *** of dubious value, but I'm curious as to how it works. The lever must work something akin to a 99 Savage I'd guess. Be interesting to see an exploded view.

I'd really love to see one get exploded, too.

secondshooter
05-22-2011, 05:33 AM
i like it! but would perfer the more conventional(cant believe im saying this) revolving carbine version tho. at my gun club everybody has very similar types of rifles. nobody would pick this off the rack thinking it was theirs. variety is the spice of life!

mdi
05-26-2011, 12:33 PM
Actually, when you look at it it ain't too bad. Yes, it's ugly. But clean it up a bit, smoothe out the lever, straighten out the stock a bit (it's got a Contender style stock, ugh!), get rid of the junk on the top strap, chamber it for the .44 Magnum or .45 Colt, and it may be worth a second look...

man.electric
05-26-2011, 12:49 PM
Actually, when you look at it it ain't too bad. Yes, it's ugly. But clean it up a bit, smoothe out the lever, straighten out the stock a bit (it's got a Contender style stock, ugh!), get rid of the junk on the top strap, chamber it for the .44 Magnum or .45 Colt, and it may be worth a second look...

I was thinking about the possibility of re-barreling one to 444 Marlin(.429) and reworking the cylinder to fit the brass, or perhaps just doing the cylinder and make an extra-long colt out of it using 444 brass. I should probably get my head checked for even having the though though....

ironhead7544
05-26-2011, 10:40 PM
They are now making a 44 Magnum carbine, dont know about the lever in that cal.

Fenring
05-28-2011, 12:18 AM
I'm not understanding what the lever does. Is it a double action revolver, where the lever is cocking the hammer and rotating the cylinder, or what?

I would look favourably on a double action, six shot revolving rifle in .44M and with a decent stock design (high, straight comb for scope use).

Ziptar
05-28-2011, 06:29 AM
I'm not understanding what the lever does. Is it a double action revolver, where the lever is cocking the hammer and rotating the cylinder, or what?

Apparently it is exactly that, a double action revolver and working the lever cocks the hammer and rotates the cylinder, because that is just too much work for a single poor ole thumb. Thankfully Taurus has now corrected the failings of many a gun maker and after many years come to the aid of many an overworked and abused thumb.

I just got to thinking.... What will they do to top this next year?????

Then it hit me. They'll slap a hand crank on it and call it the "Gatling-Lever Action Circuit Judge". Of course, to keep with the Ugliness the hand crank will be sticking straight out the top. Those that can truly master the sideways (gangsta style) two handed lever-cranking cocking method would be able to approximate an almost fully automatic rate of fire.

They will just have to be happy with 30' groups. :razz:

Fenring
05-29-2011, 11:08 PM
Maybe they will reinvent the Webley Fosberry automatic revolver?

Southern Son
05-30-2011, 05:44 AM
Maybe they will reinvent the Webley Fosberry automatic revolver?

Big difference, I would buy a Webley Fosberry, cause there would be a cool factor attached to one of them.:mrgreen:

troy_mclure
05-30-2011, 07:44 AM
you guys act like taurus came up with something new. lol. all they did was slap a lever on this guy.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_59GYpEVAu0U/TC_Vu1ISmLI/AAAAAAAAAPw/SvxgUvQL2Wo/s1600/colt-revolving-carbine.JPG

btroj
05-30-2011, 10:12 AM
True Troy. But if it was a viable gun it would have lasted beyond that model.
Ever notice how many guns come and go that are "innovative" but well gravitate back to tried and true designs?

I will stick with old fashioned lever actions like a Marlin or Winchester.

wallenba
05-30-2011, 11:01 PM
This is a joke right? Like a "Jack-a-lope" or something? If not...why the lever action? Wouldn't the normal revolver DA work?

troy_mclure
05-31-2011, 12:47 PM
im assuming that that big 3" cylinder is a bit heavy for just the thumb to turn. and possibly to avoid any atf shenanigans on calling it a handgun or something.

thx997303
05-31-2011, 01:07 PM
That would only make sense if they didn't have a non lever double action.

Ziptar
05-31-2011, 02:50 PM
This is a joke right? Like a "Jack-a-lope" or something? If not...why the lever action? Wouldn't the normal revolver DA work?

See Post #47 :D

When I first saw this post, I thought it was a joke, I really did. Taurus is actually making this thing? I thought it was like a Jackalope, and...hey wait a minute, that's it! This thing is the ideal jackalope huntin' gun! Bullshop, that scope mount is so you can zero in on those really long shots--like 20 yards! What will the geniuses at Taurus think of next?

Attached Thumbnails
http://castboolits.gunloads.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=32370&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1305257577

lathesmith

Chicken Thief
06-04-2011, 05:06 PM
http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm153/Chickenthief/Blandet/demotivationals_46.jpg
http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm153/Chickenthief/Blandet/eyebleach1.jpg

44Vaquero
06-06-2011, 11:20 PM
Wow! I am truly speechless! It reminds me Steve Martin's old SNL skit "What the Hell Is it!!!"

44Vaquero
06-06-2011, 11:36 PM
Ok, You guys have got to go to the Rossi website! It's ava in 22 LR, 22 Mag., 28 gauge, and 44 Mag too! All Double actions!!! They also have a Mares leg lever action 410! Now I have seen it all!

http://www.rossiusa.com/2011newcatalog/?catalog_page=2

Multigunner
06-07-2011, 03:16 AM
I think there was a lever action gas seal revolving chamber rifle manufactured in the 19th century. The lever operated the gas seal mechanism as well as rotating the cylinder.

I would not wish to own a revolving cylinder rifle that did not have a gas seal.

There were some suppressed Ruger carbines built on the Redhawk frame. These had a heat resistent plastic plunger that was driven into a recess in the barrel breech by gas pressure and when pressure dropped the hollow plunger sprang back to allow cylinder rotation.
A similar system using spring loaded brass seals was once available. Both required a small diameter cartridge and a large frame revolver meant for a much larger caliber cartridge.
The mechanisms along with chamber insert fit into the original large caliber chamber, but a purpose made smaller caliber barrel was mounted to the frame.

A revolver pistol carbine is okay if you keep your supporting hand behind the cylinder face.

Some people who tried the Colt revolving chamber rifles and shotguns forgot this and a few ended up with their coat sleeve on fire.

PatMarlin
06-07-2011, 11:14 AM
Hmmm... Can I get it in Fancy AAA exhibition grade Claro?

Montana Ron
06-07-2011, 08:47 PM
I read a lot of the comments made here and to be totally honest I'm not the only one to honestly think this BATFE approved shoot'in iorn gizzmo is exactly what they want on the streets....think about this...........its kind of usless, poses not that great a threat compared to a old model 94 win. Will probably have no parts source in 6 months in the event of breakdown and tapped out
a taxpayers self defense fund rendering him not as great a threat in the event of a hostile federal takeover.........there is a reason the new arms are kind of turning rather dis functional in a real combat/self defense situation..........just fuel for thought...................

PatMarlin
06-07-2011, 09:01 PM
I think you're given them FEDs way to much credit for brains Montana.

Junior1942
06-08-2011, 03:26 PM
It looks like Charlie Sheen designed it.

Swede44mag
06-08-2011, 03:44 PM
I don't care for the lever but I think the Circuit Judge is Kewl.
I am waiting for it to come out in Stainless Steel.

I wanted a revolver in 410 when I was hunting rabbits as a kid but for some reason they were illegal then. At least that is what I was told.

There have been many Kewl guns made it the past that were not so popular with the public like the Dan Wesson for example. Crappy quality control but a great concept just couldn’t find them for sale at the gun stores. Thompson Center Arms is another you can’t find at your local gun store where I live and a few used but hardly any new at the gun shows but they are fun to shoot.

LUBEDUDE
06-08-2011, 04:34 PM

I would look favourably on a double action, six shot revolving rifle in .44M and with a decent stock design (high, straight comb for scope use).

You just won the Prize!

Someone did some good photoshop. And added "Fast Lever Action" in the features section right about DA/Sa Trigger.

Does not make sense to have both.

Furthermore, I went to the Rossi Site and could not find the Circuit Judge with a Lever Action at all.

I think ya'll have been bamboozeled.

Or I have if someone can prove otherwise.

44Vaquero
06-08-2011, 09:13 PM
Lubedude' it's on page 5. http://www.rossiusa.com/2011newcatalog/?catalog_page=5

Any body remember the "Dardick 1500 pistol with trounds? LOL

45-70 Chevroner
06-09-2011, 03:16 PM
I guess I can't come up with much more than what has already been said. I've seen fugly before but that tops them all.

LUBEDUDE
06-09-2011, 04:31 PM
Lubedude' it's on page 5. http://www.rossiusa.com/2011newcatalog/?catalog_page=5

LOL!

Well, I've been bamboozeled.

Thanks

It was not listed under Rfiles, or New products, only in the "complete" catalog.
Guess I should be more thorough before I pop off.

You guys are right, Uuggglly!, dumb and useless.

45-70 Chevroner
06-09-2011, 04:48 PM
I finally figured out where this thing must have come from. Remember the spaghetti westerns. I rest my case.

Longwood
06-10-2011, 01:03 AM

I also remember the rocket pistol but I can't remember the name of it.

Bullshop
06-10-2011, 01:12 AM
That was the Gyrojet.

Longwood
06-10-2011, 04:01 AM
That was the Gyrojet.

That was it!
I guess it had a problem at close range where a pistol is most useful.
From what I recall, the rocket required too much distance to come up to a decent speed. I seem to recall the ports would not work it perfect unison but I could be wrong.
I think they came around - and lasted about as long - about the same time as electronic ignition for civilian use.

Four Fingers of Death
06-15-2011, 09:03 AM
Check this out!

http://www.shotpistol.com/pages/M4-410.aspx

I will also post this one teh handgun page, just thought that you guys here would also be interested in it seeing that the Judge type guns were being discussed.