PDA

View Full Version : Back to Basics-My New Bad A$$ Reloader!!!

seagiant
05-10-2011, 10:52 PM
Hi,
Some here might of noticed in the past few weeks I have been utilizing the enormous information we have here from members, trying to see which way to go on a new reloader. I have come to the conclusion that reloaders are a very personal thing and what I like the next guy might detest and think I'm nuts for even looking at it.
After quite a bit of thinking on this in the past year I have sold 3 STAR universals and a Dillon 550B I have a Dillon Square Deal and it might go also! I figured out I am done with progressives and want to go back to a more enjoyable single stage type of reloading! I decided to buy the PW Metallic II Press.
This is a no nonsense stout press of the highest order. I was worried actually that it would be to big and become tiresome to use for when I wanteds to load pistol but it is actually the perfect size! Its motion is very smooth using oil impregnated bushings riding on the shafts. The shell holder moves in an arc on a sliding arm. Once you put the case in the shellholder you never remove it until you are finished-yes! You supply the brains! The primer system is like I have never seen before to the left of the shellholder on the swingarm is a primer bushing. When you want a primer you move the arm all the way to the left and push the primer tube down to the bushing,it will deposit 3 primers in the bush. Then you bring the arm over to the primer seater and it will deposit one primer on the seater and then you lower the case and prime. Hard to explain but it works very nicely! For anyone getting tired of the merry-go-round this might be an option!

W.R.Buchanan
05-10-2011, 11:28 PM
seagiant: I have a Pacific DL266 and a 366 I use them interchangably. When I need a lot of shells I use the progressive when I need 100 I use the Singlestage.

That machine looks like a nice one and it didn't take you long to hook up to one. I remember last week you were playing with the Bair press.

How does this one compare to the other method? I see you are running this one from right to left?

I personally don't think you can have too many reloading tools. They are all useful.

Randy

seagiant
05-10-2011, 11:39 PM
Hi Randy,
Thats funny! I am actually trying to find a Pacific DL-266 shotshell loader and I already have a PW 375 and a Spolar Gold!!! This is a sickness! The thing with the three station Bair or the CH 444 press is that you are picking up and moving the case from shell holder to shellholder as you go through the process. This is fine if you like it! When I got my PW 375 shotshell loader I got introduced to the process of putting the shell in the shellholder and then leaving it there,going through the process and only having to touch it when done. I liked that. I tried turrents and got tired of flipping the head full of dies back and forth! Like I said everyone is different and for me after near 30 years of reloading I've come full circle to this! Go figure!
If you look at the pic of the PW MetallicII the dies are from right to left,resize-deprime,the Lyman expander die with the powder throw also at that station is the primer seat,next is the seating die and the taper die. This is set up for 9MM Lugar just to see how it worked for an ACP pistol setup. Let me tell you I've heard people talk about "feel" when they seat there primers,well with this thing you bring the case down to prime and end of game when the handle stops thats it ain't no feel to it and perfect every time!

44Vaquero
05-10-2011, 11:44 PM
Looks like a very well made tool! It certainly is a different take on reloading. Let us know how you like it after a few hundred rounds have been loaded on it.

Roundnoser
05-10-2011, 11:48 PM
Looks great! I too will eventually get one of those Metallic II's. Please keep us up-to-date with the pros and cons as you get up to speed.

On another note...What is this, I hear you sold 3 Star Universal presses and a Dillon???? I sure wish I would have know about those!!!

seagiant
05-11-2011, 01:37 AM
Hi Jon,
Yea the Dillion Fan Boys think I'm nuts! I would also say the STAR Fan Boys but that would include me as I still think they are the best progressive yet! I guess as I got older I just wasn't in as big a hurry as before and to tell the truth I enjoy the time spent reloading as well as the time shooting. I have run a few rounds through this machine to satisfy myself that I like it and believe that I will be able to load everything with it, rifle and pistol. This reloader was $450 which I thought at first was a little high but now that I see it in person I don't have any buyers remorse and am actually thinking of buying some extra toolheads for it and the quick primer fills that allow you to keep the primer tube in the reloader. I have a feeling this loader is going to do all my loading for awhile!

flashhole
05-11-2011, 07:10 AM
B L A S P H A M E !!!

I can't believe you actually want to use your brain when reloading ... and enjoying it none the less. :)

Looks like an excellent set up to me. Lots of Blue fans out there, I have never been able to warm up to one. I like the simpler approach too.

seagiant
05-11-2011, 12:20 PM
Hi Flash hole,
Yea different strokes I guess. I've been loading some 9mm this morning and took a pic. My little camera sucks but better than nothing! The pic shows what I've been loading. That is a RCBS 124 gr. TC bullet that I cast in WW material for my CZ 85. So far I'm loving this machine and the priming system unlike the Dillon is trouble free,alot like my RCBS bench primer tool,same set up actually but of course smoother because of the weight and leverage!

seagiant
05-12-2011, 12:39 PM
Hi,
I've been loading on this PW Metallic II for a couple of days now and thought I would give my impressions on it. There are some people here wondering about using one. Why there are't more I don't know but on to the evaluation!

Pros: The thing I like most is the size and weight of the machine not to big but big enough when you need it! I have been loading 9mm Luger and was originally worried that the machine would be to big for small calibers and become tiresome to use. Of course with an ACP cartridge you have an extra step with the taper crimp die so is even more of a process. I can truthfully say that this press because of its smoothness and its leverage is very easy to use and a pleasure! Next, the option of being able to stop and check if a primer is right or the powder dropped is very nice and something that bugged me with a progressive. Whats nice about this loader is that the shell holder is on the swingarm and moves on the front of the machine in an arc. This allows you to peer into the case and check the powder if you desire. The primer system, primer feed always seem to be the boogeyman of reloaders,I will have to say that I was never satisfied with this on my Dillons and always thought for the money should have been better! On this machine it has worked very well one problem that I did have was on the primer bushing which is to the left of the shellholder on the swingarm. After about a 100 rds. reloaded the bottom of the bushing was wanting to catch on the primer seater after it deposited the primer in the "cup". I pulled it out chucked it in my lathe and put a small chamfer on the inside and outside edges,end of problem!

Cons: Well I like this machine so this will be hard. Maybe price? It is $450 + shipping of course the Redding Turrent press is close to $400 also. Any of the Hornady,Dillon, RCBS progressives are up there! I had to face it and spend the money. If you want this type of machine american made, it's going to cost a little! The next downside maybe is speed,you are not going to throw out the ammo like a progressive,end of story,of course for me that is what I wanted.

I cannot think of anything else I have found that I'm unhappy with,there are extra heads available for this machine at $50 ea. which I think is cheap! I hope if someone comes to the point in their reloading that they are giving this reloader a look that this helps. It was very hard to find any info on this when I tried!

1bluehorse
05-12-2011, 01:32 PM
I've looked at these presses also, (pictures only) great looking and outside the "norm" which rates it waaay up there on the "cool" factor. The one thing that you didn't mention, and I find important to me, is spent primer disposal. How's this press accomplish this. My presses, except the LCT, are all older discontinued models, Pacific Muti-Power and two Ammomaster Auto's. For a new press I think this would fit right in. Thanks for the report.

seagiant
05-12-2011, 02:17 PM
Hi,
Yes you are correct,I did not mention that because I guess it was a non issue but is important! If you look at the pic of the loader on the front view, to the right this is station#1,this where the deprime and sizing die goes. Look there on the aluminum plate and you will see a hole. The shellholder on the swingarm is over this hole when you deprime the case. Under the hole is a 1/2 in. aluminum tube that goes to a square removable heavy plastic box to hold the primers. There is a plastic cover on the end of the tube with a hole to make the primer drop into the box!

PacMan
05-12-2011, 07:49 PM
Thanks for the info and pictures.They are the first good and close up ones i have seen. By the way what is the base size if you dont mind.

I almost bought one of these but went with the C&H 444 to cut down on number of pulls to the handle to produce one complete round. My old banged up shoulder really gives me fits at times.
Have really liked it so far.

Thanks again
Dwight

seagiant
05-12-2011, 08:01 PM
Hi Dwight,
The Base size is 6X12.5 in. Not really that big but as I said just right to load everything. If you want to make as many reloads as you can with as few handle strokes as possible,this machine is not for you. The CH 333or 444 is an excellent press and the people at CH are top notch to deal with!

44Vaquero
05-15-2011, 12:25 PM
Ok, at 1st I was luke warm over the idea of how this press operates. Now after looking at the ever growing number of pics in this thread, I want one!!!!!
Seagiant, is right finding information about this press is next to imposable. It's like P&W does not want to sell them?

W.R.Buchanan
05-15-2011, 02:53 PM
Seagiant: I'm glad you are happy with your new machine. The fact you bought it new just means you get the best years out of it before it moves to someone else.

I like the concept of moving the case to the tool without actually touching it. In fact I was going to build a press that works exactly like this one does, about 5 years ago, then I found out someone already made one. No need to reinvent the wheel.

If I would have known you wanted a DL266 there was one on Trapshooters.com about a month ago that went begging. It was a nice clean one, used very little and had every powder and shot bushing known to man with it. I almost bought it for the bushings.

They are very nice presses to operate, and nearly effortless except for the 7 pulls of the handle to make a complete round. Still for specialty loads, buckshot or slugs or hunting loads they can't be beat. You aren't going to set up a progressive for 25 rounds. I have both and can do what is needed as needed. I also use my DL266 to size and deprime hulls, before I run them in the washing machine. That way I can go directly to the first station of the 366 and bypass the sizing station, which make for a much faster pace on that machine.

For those of you who don't know, If you use Winchester AA or Remington STS hulls you can get as many as 10 reloads out of each one. Part of the process is to clean them and the way you do that is to put the hulls into a laundry bag with some dirty tee shirts and throw them in to a washing machine,,, they look nearly new when done. You do this after you size and deprime so water doesn't lodge in the dead primers. My shotshell reloads look nearly like factory new loads.

I use my SDB for .40's &.45's, as these rounds are the highest quantities, and need progressive intervention. Everything else gets loaded on the C&H using the processes I told you about earlier. This would obviously translate directly to your machine as well. I think the speeds of the machines are so similar it is pointless to split that hair.

It all comes down to which motion and feel that you like the best. For any type of production work to be enjoyable, there must be "tactile gratification". Tactlile gratification is the enjoyment you get from the feel of something. Running a sweet machine is a pretty good feeling.

This is why I have Bridgeport Mills and Hardinge Lathes in my shop. I derive tactile gratification from operating them because they feel good to the touch. Believe me, Bridgeports have amuch better feel to them than any of the Clones, and the Hardinge machines just speak for themselves. My chucker was made in 1962 and a friend of mine wore it out Twice!!! before I got it. It repeats to tenths always.

You'll also find you will do better work when you enjoy the feel of the machine.

For those of you reading this who are not machinists, operating reloading machines is exactly the same type of work as running manual metal cutting machines, only the product is different. The similarities are too numerous to list.

You get the idea.

Randy

seagiant
05-15-2011, 06:15 PM
Hi 44,
Love your avatar they don't make them like Mr, Johnson anymore! The real article as they say. No,there's not alot of info on this press. Probably my little write up is the most on it now along with the pics. I am now loading 10MM with it and it just steadily churns them out but you are running the show,can't go to sleep like people do with the progressives!

Hi Randy,
That was a nice insight,which I agree with totally. I would never call myself a Machinist or a Gunsmith but I enjoy playing along the edge and it even helps me tremendously at my job,can't beat that. I know what you mean about BP machines. I'll keep mine till they stick me in the ground.
I'm bidding now on a Pacific DL-300 they look like they are all metal and one guy here,can't remember his moniker,rebuilt one and looks real nice! I just like to get older things fix'em up use and play with them awhile. You can usually break even eventually. If you see a 266 you don't want for a good price let me know! Here's a pic of that guys 300 he rebuilt!

PacMan
05-15-2011, 07:10 PM
Ya know there are fanicer and faster machines out there than the P&W and C&H but for the most part they have no character. I have a Dillon 550b and very seldom use it. Sold one that was gatering dust. I never got any gradification using either one. I am at a point in life where how i do things are more important than how fast i can get to the end of the task.
Comes with age and maby years of always in a hurry and having to meet someaone else goal instead of yours.

Nice machine you have there and the besy to you and yours.
Dwight

seagiant
05-15-2011, 09:01 PM
Hi Dwight,
Thanks, in the past 2 weeks I've sold 2 Dillons and I'm done with them. They seem to be what everyone wants but it seems like there is a race to see how many rounds you can make in an hour,thats not really my idea on how to enjoy something! There is the other thing you and Randy was talking about in the feel or pride you have using and owning a nice well built machine. I just picked up a Pacific DL-300 shotshell reloader like the guys in the pic on my last post. I don't need it but it's built like a tank and I can clean it up get it going make or obtain any parts it needs and when I'm shooting skeet one day feel good that I made the shells on a 30 year old press!

firebrick43
05-15-2011, 09:48 PM
This is why I have Bridgeport Mills and Hardinge Lathes in my shop. I derive tactile gratification from operating them because they feel good to the touch. Believe me, Bridgeports have amuch better feel to them than any of the Clones, and the Hardinge machines just speak for themselves. My chucker was made in 1962 and a friend of mine wore it out Twice!!! before I got it. It repeats to tenths always.

Randy

alright you had me right up to the Bridgeport part. I understand the hardinge part but a Bridgeport???

Have you ever operated a tree or wells index? Or a cincinatti milcron?

Bridgeports became common because until the imports there were the cheap inexpensive machine. Ways were out do to being soft, not very ridgid, and don't get me started on their *** Boss CNC controls/drives.

44Vaquero
05-15-2011, 10:15 PM
Seagiant, I am beginning to agree with you about progressives. I have a Load Master that's 20 years old now and I run it 3 or 4 times a year for my .45 ACP(never had any problems with it). I find the auto index turret fits the bill for almost everything else. Load development is still done on a single stage and I like it that way.
Thanks for the nod on Ben Johnson he is one one of my all time "Heroes". He is also my avatar on my FB page you would be surprised how many people ask who he is. Kind of sad.

PacMan
05-15-2011, 11:04 PM
Ben Johnson is one of the only real cowboys to ever grace the big screen.
From OK if memory serves me correctly.
Dwight

seagiant
05-16-2011, 08:31 AM
Hi,
Yes he and his father were both champion steer or calf ropers on the Rodeo circuit and then one day he delivered some horses for a John Ford movie out in California and the rest is history!!!

W.R.Buchanan
05-16-2011, 11:19 PM
Firebrick: Yes I have operated all of the above. In my opinion Tree mills are probably the best Turret mills ever made. Operative word being "made" as they are no longer with us, and nobody even makes a copy. They definately have the best column, knee and table arraingement ever built. period,. I also like the table feed arraingement.

That said, that favorable evaluation stops directly at the head assembly. The Tree head is one of the biggest abominations I have ever had the displeasure of being around.

The collet arraingement is stupid. There is a 50 lb fly wheel in the head that makes power tapping almost impossible, the quill depth stop is blind and you can't see where the stop is located, and I could go on, and I expect you know what I'm talking about.

Trees are production type mills. They are fine if you set one up to do a job which is going to run for along time. They are not as fast to change a setup on as a Bridgeport for all of the reasons stated above. In short the head sucks, and it ruins an otherwise awesome machine.

The best machine I ever ran was a Tree Mill with a Bridgeport head adapted to it. And it was low miles and sweet, and the conversion was done right. I tried to buy it several times but the guy wouldn't turn loose of it. It was the best of both worlds. Do keep in mind I do not do "heavy machine work" so I don't need the heavy dutyness of a Tree. My work is typically short runs with many different setups, this is where the BP shines. Add to that I have a Southwest Industries CNC retrofit, and a Rapidaptor quick change spindle tooling setup and I can get pretty complicated in my setups.

Indexes are so few and far between that I have never seen one that was any better than worn out junk. They were pretty much all used up by 1980. Same with the Cinci mills. They were all quality machines when they were new, but there hasn't been any new ones for 50 years so unless you really take care of your machines (and the places these machines were used generally didin't) you're not likely to get the enjoyment of running a decent one.

All of the good American made machinery has either gotten so expensive it is hardly made any more, and/or they've been replaced by CNC machines, or it's just plain worn out. The last price I saw on a Monarch 10EE was $74,000 in 1995. That's a lot of money for a tool room lathe, and they didn't sell many after that.

They don't make Graziano or Tos or Mori-Seiki engine lathes any more because nobody is willing to pay that much for a manual machine. You can't make your money back out of them because of CNC machines. The closest thing you can buy to a really decent Engine lathe is a Webb which are Taiwanese copies of Cadillacs, and even they are getting expensive.

The best shot you have of getting a good used machine nowadays is to hunt until you find a creampuff which can take a while, or buy something that is used up and rebuild it. You're not going to find a decent Cadillac or American or Monarch they are all too expensive to produce here now.

Rebuilding works as you can breath new life into most any of the old ones with regrinding and turcite replacement. Also there is still lots of parts available. I rebuilt my small Bridgeport 25 years ago, and it's still a really good machine, but it doesn't get used that much either and really never has. It was made in 1956 which was the first year they went with the Vee Ram instead of the round ram. It got a complete regrind, even the column, and refit and I did it all myself (except the grinding). It came out good, mainly because I had just finished redoing 5 BP's at the shop I worked at, and knew the machines inside and out.

By the way Hardinge now owns Bridgeport and the new ones are really nice.

Randy

seagiant
05-17-2011, 06:27 PM
Hi Randy,
Thanks for the information and thank god for CNC! I think that is the only way I was able to afford my BP is that a small shop near me was needing it out of their way to put in another CNC mill! It is a 1964 J-Head with moderate wear but still does very nice work and I really enjoy having it to do my projects! Being tall I fabricated a stand for it and put it up about 8" in the air! Now I don't have to be stooped over all day using it. All my work is basicly "light" so it is ridged enough! I have taken scraping classes and know how to blue up and get a peice of iron flat but of course scraping in a machine is a lot harder and complicated!

W.R.Buchanan
05-17-2011, 11:58 PM
Like I said above my old mill is a 1956 model and was the first year with the Vee Ram you'll notice the column is still the round ram type and this model had the "Transition Turret". Note how my turret hold down bolts come up thru pockets in the column. where as yours and all later model machines hold the turret down with bolts coming from the top.

It is a 9x42 table but the Y axis only has 9" of travel, which is all any of the old round ram machines had.

I have Trava-dials on this machine for table positioning.

You'll also note that the drive is a little different. It is a 90Volt DC motor ran by a Minarik controller. It runs on 110VAC.The controller allows independent variable speeds in both forward and reverse, and that along with the 8 speeds available in the step pulleys means I can achieve just about any speed and torque from 0- 3000 rpms. I have twisted off a 1" pipe tap in this machine! It is 1 hp. The machine can also run forward and reverse between limit switches which are attached to the quill stop when needed to make the machine a "tapping machine"

My record is 23 parts a minute for one full hour. However this was actually done by a friend while I fed him parts, he averaged 1200 per hour for 4 1/2 hrs strait. We did 5000 parts that afternoon and he was completely drunk when we started! He was quite sober when he finished. HA! It was quite the setup, if I do say!

My Big Mill is a 1992 model that I bought new from Southwest Industries with the 2 axis CNC control already on it. I bought it at Westec in 1992 as the show demo. This was the absolute first SWI MX2 retro fit control that was sold to the public and the serial number on the control is MX2-0000. It is a 9x48 table with 12x36 travel. I have made well over a million with this machine over the last 20 years. I paid $22K for it! I'd say it paid for itself a few times.

The 2 axis CNC allows me to do linier and circular interpolation, as well as circular, rectangular, and odd shaped pockets, Bolt hole patterns from 3 to 99 holes, as well as just about any 2 axis shape you can program. Very versitile machine, and if I could have only one this is it. It runs on 220 single phase power thru a AC-Tec vari freq convertor that makes 3 phase square wave DC out of 220 single phase. Best $300 I've spent, as it runs this machine better than regular 3 phase power ever did.

All of this is in my Garage Shop in the back yard. The Lathes are down the other side of the shop.

I am Buchanan Precision Machine.

Randy

flashhole
05-18-2011, 06:52 AM
I can't even describe the different shades of green I am with envy of your guys tools.

dnotarianni
05-18-2011, 09:05 AM
Hi Long time lurker here that is just getting into casting. I just picked up a Metallic II press in a deal I did to get some molds. What are they worth? Still sorting out everything I got. Was a long time caster that passed away and I bought everything the daughters had. Will be listing molds and dies next week when I have classified listing privilages. Lot of rifle molds as I was only really interested in pistol molds.

Thanks Dave
Dilligaf@uri.edu

seagiant
05-18-2011, 11:31 AM
Hi Dave,
E-mail in bound!!!

seagiant
05-18-2011, 11:40 AM
Whoa Randy!,
SWEET! Hell you can make anything with that set up! You just made me feel like the poor cousin that came to dinner! Ha! If you look at my picture at the bottom of the base you can see a 7.5 HP chi-com 3 ph motor sticking out a little. That is my "stone-age" RPC that I made to run my mill and my Horz. Wellsaw! I start it up with a old 1/2 hp washing machine motor! Here's a better pic!

W.R.Buchanan
05-18-2011, 01:32 PM
Mine is a 5HP model I run my 2 Hardinge lathes with it. Since Hardinge Lathes are only 1HP machines, I can run both at the same time off it.

I bought that machine from my last boss, they (the brothers) had built it for their fathers garage shop. I gave them $100 for it and I have been using it just about daily for 20 years.

They are cheap to run because that starter motor is acting like a generator all the while the machine is running.

Please to understand this shop is the consolidation of all of my commercial machine shops tools and machines, and essentially represents my entire lifes work. It is a working machine shop and this is where I make most of my living. I also appraise Real Estate when there is work.

I used to be located in Ventura CA but then taxes and city regs got insane, so we purchased a house on 5/8 AC in the unincorporated area of the county and I built this shop building so I could have my shop and home in the same place to control costs.

I have the mills located on the driveway side of the shop in front of the windows and A/C, and the lathes located on the back side, and down the middle is the benches. The machine shop is 21X33 The area where the Jeep is sitting runs all the way across the back of the shop and is my Fabrication area,( 1300SF) which is currently occupied with that Jeep thing you see in the pic. There is also a second floor above the machine shop same size which is currently storage but will evolve into Hobby Central after it is finsihed out. I plan on having all my reloading stuff up stairs.. I have been working towards this goal for my entire life.

Randy

seagiant
05-18-2011, 02:02 PM
Hi Randy,
Looks like we are on the same page! I leave the little pony motor running while the 7.5 is going,I have the pony motor turned off of course and it just idles along while the big motor is making the power. Both my motors on the mill and saw are 1HP or less so the 7.5HP motor puts out a pretty clean signal for them on the three legs.
My Wellsaw #5 built in 1945 I found at a used machine dealer. I got him down to $350 out the door because I knew it needed work. Tore it apart and rebuilt replaced bearings and a few gears and ended up spending another $300 in parts but I've got a saw that cuts like a laser beam straight and true!

seagiant
05-23-2011, 03:18 PM
Hi,
I contacted Denotoriani as he had come into a Metallic II while looking at some molds he was interested in and after a few E-mails we swung a deal and I received the loader today!(Thanks David!) The serial # on my new bought loader was in the 5600 range and this one was in the 4800's,my God have they made that many of these? I don't believe it as they are very hard to find any info on them

Well after some clean up of very light rust with rem oil and #0000 steel wool it was hard to tell them apart. One difference that stands out is the platen on the older one is bronze instead of aluminum. Strength wise it does not matter as that is only for the shell holder swing arm to ride on. I'm going to dedicate this loader to 45 acp and the other to 10MM as those are my most shot calibers and I'm keeping my eyes open for another one!

Roundnoser
05-23-2011, 05:54 PM
Very Nice SeaGiant! I'm going to buy one of those presses someday...If I can ever stop spending my money on other presses!

W.R.Buchanan
05-23-2011, 07:17 PM
Yes,,, Mr Seagiant You beat me to that one by about 20 minutes!:2gunsfiring_v1:

But I got the neato Brass mould from another guy on here, which I beat someone else out of by about 2 minutes.

This place is a damn vacuum for equipment! It gets sucked up immediately.

Randy

seagiant
05-23-2011, 07:51 PM
Hi Fellas,
Well you know where all sick! No way around it! I went on the swappin buying site the other day and saw a Mihec aluminum 6-cav mold in the H&G#68 up for sale and usually theres about 3 guys already wanting to buy it and I saw no takers which meant he just put it up for sale right before I came along and I was laughing at myself for the rush I was in to PM the guy first! I got it,but usually I'm in the back of the bus on the good ones.

I've been trying to pick up a Pacific 266 on the shotgun sites and they are out there but people sure are proud of them! I could of bought 5 if I wanted to pay $200 and I'm not going to do it,I'll wait,but it's fun I guess!

Randy, I had no idea really, David was talking like he wasn't interested in the loader so I thought I'd take a chance. Sometimes when people make a haul they sale the stuff they don't want to make some money back-fortune favors the bold!

W.R.Buchanan
05-24-2011, 07:11 PM
Like I said I didn't really NEED it, it was just one of those things I thought I'd like to check out. You out bid me by $25-50 anyway. I told him $225 shipped. He thought it was worth more. I lost out on both accounts

No biggie I'll live .:kidding:

Is that pic of the DL 266 above one you got, or is it one of the $200 ones?

I'd offer $100 on that one, as it's missing some stuff like the primer magazine and the other tube. You saw the pics of mine. It was virtually NIB except for the missing charge bar and primer tube and magazine. I got it and a decent DL155 for $100. They use the same primer feed and magazine as the DL366 and the same powder/shot tubes and there is a guy on TS.com who makes Hicap tubes for them as well. His hold 25lbs of shot. That's enough for 400 rounds

Deals are out there you just have to be patient one will come along and I'll keep my eye out for one for you too.

If you decide you want to sell your Spolar let me know, I would be interested.

Randy

seagiant
05-24-2011, 08:44 PM
Hi Randy,
Well I wasn't going to kiss and tell but now that you brought it up,yes I got it for $250 shipped and was happy to get it! Thats how much I enjoy using them. Now the Spolar is for sale I bought it in my on going search for the perfect shotshell reloader. Also I was for a short time reloading for myself,my sister and nephew for skeet shooting. Well I just walked out to the shop and looked at the counter on the Spolar and it's 1144 that's all the shells that have been loaded on it! Send me a PM and well talk about it! How attached are you to that 266! (evil)

W.R.Buchanan
05-25-2011, 06:49 PM
Greg: I am a very negotiable person, are you interested in a wife perhaps? Everything is on the table. :bigsmyl2:

Randy

flashhole
05-25-2011, 08:11 PM
How old?

seagiant
05-25-2011, 08:43 PM
Hi,
Jeez... You guys crack me up! I'd throw my wife in the mix,but she's Puerto Rican and I wouldn't do a buddy that way! Mean as a snake! Ha!

dnotarianni
05-25-2011, 09:18 PM
Hey Seagiant Glad your happy with your new toy.
Dave