PDA

View Full Version : .50 Hush Puppy

Fart Puppet
05-09-2011, 02:04 PM
Hi Guys,

Long time lurker, first time poster. I've been reading a few threads here on Cast Boolits about the .50 Hush Puppy and it's really got me interested.

I have a 8mm Mauser 98k that's been sitting collecting dust for over 20 years and I'm wondering if I could get the bolt opened up a little and a new barrel for it in .50 Hush Puppy (without selling the farm).

I'm just a plinker looking for something new. Not interested in a suppressor or anything. Just something fun.

Do you think it would be worth the effort? I'm a little short on cash and have this nice, strong action just sitting here doing nothing. Seems like a no brainer to me but you're the experts.

Comments?

HotGuns
07-03-2013, 12:22 AM
I don't know why not. I've built several. My personal is on a Win M70 action, which is just a Mauser clone.

I love the round. Its cheap, easy to reload and it hits like a ton of bricks. What's not to like?

Whiterabbit
07-08-2013, 06:49 PM
how do you reload it? 50 ak dies?

HotGuns
07-13-2013, 11:46 AM
No. Use the parent case dies, 7mmWSM.

Whiterabbit
07-13-2013, 02:11 PM
wow, that's nifty! how do you expand the case after sizing? And the seater just works as is? with whatever spud in the center matches the bullet tip you are loading?