PDA

View Full Version : Question on NOE 3 cav GB mould?

Canuck Bob
05-07-2011, 07:00 PM
I'm finallizing a deal on a NOE 311316 GB mould from awhile ago. Just waiting on viewing pictures to close the deal.

It has 3 cavities, one PB, one GC, one HP GC.

NOE sure gets some good reviews.

Can a guy cast just one cavity at a time as needed or is it normal to cast in all cavities?

Are the HP pins reversible for casting solid noses?

Any other guys using this GB mould? I'm confident the deal is done but can't wait to ask questions about my new "almost mine" mould!

btroj
05-07-2011, 07:20 PM
You can cast one cav at a time but why? Cast up a bunch and separate them into piles based upon style.
The HP pin may be reversible, not sure. If it is you can cast 2 GC bullets at a time although the removable pin makes it slower.

That should be a very good mould for 32-20.

Canuck Bob
05-07-2011, 07:38 PM
I'm pumped about it. The PB mould would be basically a 311008 and the GC chambers give me mouse to coyote capabilities.

Your point about casting up is right on. Load the pot and cast away. It'll be nice to have stockpiles of options.

btroj
05-07-2011, 07:41 PM
My Marlin thrives on a group buy 120 rnfp over 5 gr of Unique. I wouldn't use this in an old revolver but a new made revolver or a Marlin will easily handle the load. It works so well I rarely shoot anything else.

square butte
05-07-2011, 07:42 PM
It's tougher to keep the mold up to temp without casting all cavities. The HP pin is reversable so you can cast solids.

Canuck Bob
05-07-2011, 07:54 PM
My rifle is a long barrel Winoku 92. I'm leaning to a slower powder but the first powder will be Trail Boss for some case forming and plinking to break in the rifle easy. I worry about double charges some.

Thats good news on the pins. I wanted to run GCs and medium velocity.

I am not planning to actively hunt whitetail with this gun but I wil be carrying it with me in my job as an oilfield salesman in some of the best game country in North America. I live and work in a sportsman paradise. So a little extra zip has some purpose.

btroj
05-07-2011, 09:02 PM
For fun try 3 gr of Trailboss or so. In mine I get around 750 fps. Shoots quite accurately. Fun to hit a 100 plate. Slight boom, wait, tink.

Canuck Bob
05-07-2011, 09:45 PM
Perfect, I got a 444 for notching things up. A quitre little plinker with a few hotter loads in my pocket or a couple of cartridges up the tube sounds great.