PDA

View Full Version : Private mould deals to Canada?

Canuck Bob
05-07-2011, 05:22 PM
I put out a feeler on the buy page for a mould. Some of my fine neighbors to the sunny south have responded.

We are looking for folks who have actually sold and shipped private deal moulds to Canada. My research has concluded that the onerous US State Dept. restrictions on shipping outside the US do not apply to tooling like dies, moulds, and such. I would not want to jam up anyone who would be kind enough to help a fellow shooter get his hands on a top notch mould though.

So, looking for Yankees who have solved the shipping problem, your all Yankees in my house there is no north south distinction up here since WW2. The old vets in the family always called you Yanks, never GIs, and darn fine soldiers when the Waffen SS came calling. My warrant officer Uncle wh served in Korea attached to a Yankee Artillery unit did complain a bit. But it was about your beer!

What a fine bunch of guys!!!

Canuck Bob
05-07-2011, 05:27 PM
Just realized the group buy Honchos must do this all the time?

bhn22
05-07-2011, 08:11 PM
I've bought moulds out of Canada before without issue. We simply called them "machine tools", and they got to me without issue. I can't imagine it would be any different going the other way.

Jailer
05-07-2011, 08:16 PM
Yup. Label them "hand tools" and they'll make it just fine.

stubshaft
05-07-2011, 09:07 PM
I've sold molds to Canadiens. The first time I went to the local post office they told me I couldn't ship it. I took it the next day anyway and told them it was a tool and declared the cost at $20.00. The only problem was the customs form, I filled it out online and printed it (in order to expedite it), and the moron behind the counter told me I had to fill another one out.

Just another frustrated postal official...

mooman76
05-07-2011, 09:28 PM
I never sent one to Canada but not too long ago I sent one to Australia with no problems. Have to be creative without actually telling a lie.

zuke
05-07-2011, 09:56 PM
Their just hand tool's.
Same as dies,press,etc.
We can get'em without problem's.

longbow
05-07-2011, 10:21 PM
There is no restriction on shipping moulds from the US to Canada or from other foriegn countries into Canada.

I have 3 Mihec moulds recently shipped from Slovenia, two NOE moulds recently shipped from the US and one Accurate Molds mould recently shipped from the US.

There are restriction on the US side regarding exporting of firearms and reloading components including bullets/boolits and empty brass.

Some gun components are also restricted but not moulds.

Longbow

There are restrictions

MT Chambers
05-07-2011, 11:49 PM
Yup, I get group buys as well as from some of the sponsors on here sent to Canada, no problem.

dnepr
05-08-2011, 08:33 AM
I have purchased a mold directly from lee with no hassles , private sales shouldn't be a problem that I can see, I wish I could say that about other stuff I want like a tech sight peep sight for my SKS[smilie=b::groner:

The Double D
05-08-2011, 09:27 AM
Be careful using terms like machine tools and hand tools. If the item is a controlled item that would be considered a material misrepresentation. A material misrepresentation will get you an enhanced fine or even a forfeiture of your merchandise...besides private party to private party words like that are flag words

There is no need to be cagey.

squirrelnuttz
05-08-2011, 12:15 PM
I have purchased a mold directly from lee with no hassles , private sales shouldn't be a problem that I can see, I wish I could say that about other stuff I want like a tech sight peep sight for my SKS[smilie=b::groner:

Ummm....tech sights to Canada? I've ordered from SKSman.com without issue.He carries them.

Nrut
05-08-2011, 12:27 PM
Canuck Bob,
I buy reloading equipment, dies, measuring tools, molds, etc. legally from U.S. vendors all the time..
As a Yank I have to admit that Canadian beer is superior...:D
You ciggy's suck however and are responsible for me quitting smoking over 30years ago..

montana_charlie
05-08-2011, 12:34 PM
I always choose a term that is as close to the real item as possible.
So, instead of 'bullet mould' I would call it a 'lead mould' or a 'casting mould'.

It isn't an effort to slip anything by them ... it's just not giving anybody a case of hiccups by using a gun-related word, unnecessarily.

CM

dnepr
05-08-2011, 12:36 PM
Ummm....tech sights to Canada? I've ordered from SKSman.com without issue.He carries them.

Thanks will look into that

Canuck Bob
05-08-2011, 12:49 PM
Well it is legal, seems the postal clerks could use some training.

When I was a kid during the not so cold war both our countries bragged about the longest unarmed border in the world. With all the Iron Walls, Rice Walls and Civil War in Africa, and the Communist Invasion of South America after WW2 it was a true beacon in a scary world.

Nice to see it might be a little strained but i don't see any 50 BMG's when I take the family south (unless I'm looking to see one of course).

Baron von Trollwhack
05-08-2011, 01:11 PM
I have sent numerous moulds, both new and used, to Canadians over the years. I mark them used hand tool and value them at 7$. Never a problem.

Lets not get too nervous about sending a mould to the neighbors who frequently put up with the same goobermint baloney we do.

I speak here about personal social contacts, not as a business. BY GOD it would be insane for customs in either country to look at a 50$ item, see something they didn't like and spend a few hundred hours of time jerking people around. Cops learned long ago to not get out in the pouring rain to hassle about a license plate light burned out.

nanuk
05-10-2011, 12:42 PM
BvT: you give Customs Officers too much credit perhaps

afterall, they are government employees

if the Revenuers can waste literally Hundreds of Thousands of tax dollars going after a little guy for tax evasion, when everyone who looks at the situation can see they are wrong, I can say I am not surprised at ANY Gov't agent doing same...

W.R.Buchanan
05-10-2011, 12:50 PM
Canuck/Nanuk:

What exactly is the deal with pistols in Canada. I have heard you can own them but you can't use them for anything? or some such thing.

I have seen Canadian guides on TV that damn sure had big pistols strapped to their legs.

I have been told you may not bring a pistol of any kind into Canada.

So what exactly is the law.

How hard are you guys working to overturn it?

Randy

sisiphunter
05-10-2011, 02:16 PM
Yes you can have most pistols in Canada, you just need a certain type of licence. This does limit you to over a 4.1" barrel length and no 25 or 32 acps...Then you need to be a member of a recognized shooting club or organization to get a permit to transport it to the range and back. I really wish things would change so that we could carry for hunting purposes.

As for the guides, you can get a permit to carry in "wilderness" type areas in the farther north for exploration purposes I believe.

As for change, ya I dont see it coming anytime soon, if ever. Our conservatives are liberal compared to most from the states. I am a US citizen living up here and I think it is silly the way things are done here. i am in law enforcement and see no use to most of these laws. they are simply against the honest responsible gun owner. The criminal dont give a **** what permits or papers are needed, they do what they want anyways. We do have a new conservative government in office, so some small changes should be in our future.

Matt

sisiphunter
05-10-2011, 02:16 PM
There are many other laws, but there is a sampling hahahahah

nanuk
05-10-2011, 11:02 PM
we can only hope that common sense and NOT Fear and Ignorance will prevail