PDA

View Full Version : Meepos Reloader. Die Questions

Uncle45Auto
05-06-2011, 09:32 PM
For the Meepos Reloading press (made by the Meepos Gun Shop in LA Cal) what sort of dies are adaptable?

I have been looking at a Meepos press which is for sale. While I don't suppose dies are available I have been thinking that maybe other brands of die can be used maybe with an adapter? :lovebooli

Digger
05-06-2011, 10:19 PM
Just picked one up last week end and starting the meepos rebuild myself ...... found out quit a bit from the other forum members here and the Dutchman has been doing a grand job on his ..
consensus seems to be using the basic bolts custom finished to your spec's .... some have stated they have found a lyman or seaco die in their machine but it had been enlarged to accommodate the larger die.
Use the search function here in the forums and you will catch bits of use full information.
Here is a link to one of my threads .... there are a lot of help full gentlemen here.
http://castboolits.gunloads.com/showthread.php?t=115259&highlight=meepos

oop's , my bad .... Bent Ramrod has a reloading press along with his luber ... maybe give him a note for any tips ?

Bent Ramrod
05-07-2011, 06:09 PM
The reloading press used special Meepos dies that look like none other. I've only found a couple loose in the 5 years since I found my Meepos reloading press (which came with a couple of dies). In my experience, no other dies (certainly not the 7/8 x 14 standard) will work.

Even a given set of Meepos reloading dies might give trouble on a Meepos press. To use one set I have to take the lever linkage apart, screw in the die and put the linkage together again. The other set screws in without incident. Meepos was, I think, a semi-custom outfit, and did "runs" of parts which might or might not be exactly the same as the last run.

I'll measure the thread sizes on my dies and get back to you; lead is melting in the pot now.

Bent Ramrod
05-08-2011, 01:49 AM
The threaded part of the Meepos die is 3/4" by 16 TPI. You can see one die in the press and one in front of the press in the picture enclosed.

You might be able to make an adaptor for the Lyman Tru-Line Jr. dies.

scrapcan
05-09-2011, 12:21 PM
It is also good to remember that there are two types of meepos sizers. Dutchman has a good explanation of the differences.

Bent Ramrod ahs given you really good into and he owns and uses one, those are pluses when talking about these questions.

Uncle45Auto
05-09-2011, 05:36 PM
Thank you Bent Ramrod. I was thinking that the True Line Jr. dies might work with an adapter.