PDA

View Full Version : 8mm Nambu?

Link23
05-05-2011, 05:33 PM
anyone cast for this round? i have one that was brought back from WW2 and it hasent been shot for a a while (to afraid to lose the brass! at 30 some bucks a box of 20)

if anyone does how about some tips on this little round
Thanks
Link23

blaster
05-05-2011, 06:25 PM
I've never cast for mine. With the price of brass and ammo I couldn't shoot it enough to justify tooling up for it. Mine is a WWII bring back too. Hasn't been shot in a while is an understatement for mine. Still has a full clip as captured. Cool cartridge though. Ahead of its time but poorly executed. Had it been designed to push that ~100 gr projectile to about 16-1700 fps it would have been something. As it stands it performs like a .380. Mine is a type 94 exposed sear and all. Talk about poorly executed.

hansumtoad
05-05-2011, 06:35 PM
Lyman 319050. Water quench WW. Size at .322. LBT Blue. Sell 'em by the bucketload. With over 300 offerings of ""damnhardtofind" boolits, this is one of, if not THE, most popular seller.

Link23
05-05-2011, 06:48 PM
id be interested in buying a couple hundred lubed boolits if you have them

elk hunter
05-06-2011, 10:12 AM
If I owned it I would want to shoot it.

At one time Midway offered brass for this cartridge, don't know if they still do.

"Handloaders Manual of Cartridge Conversions" states you can make the case from 30 Remington, and 30 Remington can be made from 30-30. Would be a lengthy process, but a magazine full would let you shoot your pistol.

Hope you find some brass and bullets.

casterofboolits
05-06-2011, 11:20 AM
I had a Type 14 and a "pappa" type A, but never cast for them. I did buy everything to form cases for them from 35 Remington brass, but gave it up when Midway offered loaded ammo for less than $20.00 a box. Thier first (?) loaded ammo offering. I bought four boxes.

I once took 14 Japanese distributors of our company to the range to shoot the Nambu"s. They were amazed with an American who spoke Japanese and offered a chance of a lifetime to shoot Japanese pistols.

Sadly, I sold them to invest in IPSC pistols.