PDA

View Full Version : C&r

mag_01
12-19-2006, 08:52 AM
--Dose anyone know if it is legal to buy C&R pistols in conn.----Or where would I find this info----Thanks -----Mag

Ricochet
12-19-2006, 12:50 PM
Might check on the NRA's site. There's some info on state gun laws there.

NVcurmudgeon
12-19-2006, 01:31 PM
mag, I would try it. The worst that can happen is the dealer saying "no." I managed to buy a C&R pistol while living in anti-gun California. The tranasaction was exactly like the one when I bought a C&R pistol in Nevada, entirely between the dealer in North Carolina and me. Remember there are no interstate customs inspections, that was one cause of the Articles of Confederation being replaced by the U.S. Constitution.

Wayne Smith
12-20-2006, 08:07 AM
If you can buy the gun in Connetticut, you can buy with your C&R. Technically, if you cannot buy the gun legally where you are, you can't buy it with your C&R either. It's not that you can't use your C&R, but that the gun becomes illegal as soon as you get it.

wills
12-20-2006, 08:57 AM
As seems to be the case with most jurisdictions now, the state has made this information conveniently available to those with access to the internet.

http://www.cga.ct.gov/2005/pub/titles.htm

If you don’t have internet access, your county law library should have a set of statutes.