PDA

View Full Version : Trigger Job

kbstenberg
05-04-2011, 10:33 PM
I could use some help with some information. I have a Savage 99 with the worst trigger pull that has come out of Savage.
The gun must have a half inch of movement before you can feel any tension in the trigger. After that the trigger pull is light an crisp.
Is this a job left to a Gunsmith or can a DIYS'er accomplish it?
Kevin

Swede44mag
05-05-2011, 04:02 PM
Check and see if there is an aftermarket trigger you can install with a light trigger pull and still be safe.

Char-Gar
05-06-2011, 12:38 PM
It has been a long time since I owned and shot a Savage 99, but others with more current experience will have a better perspective on that.

Many rifles have allot of slack (take up) in the trigger before it reaches the let off stage. Military triggers are made that way for safety purposes. It is easy to make the adjustment to this type of trigger and if it has a light and crisp final stage, I would leave it alone.

looseprojectile
05-10-2011, 11:36 AM
The 99 Savage trigger is one of the easiest ones to regulate as you don't have to take the gun apart to do it. Just remove the butstock and it is all there and self explanatory. Most only take a very little stoning to improve.
My advise would be, take the stock off and determine if your skills can be exercised.
I am not sure if the OP is talking about a two stage or a long engagement.

Life is good

looseprojectile
05-17-2011, 03:09 PM
How does it go. Get the stock off yet? Can you do it?

Life is good