PDA

View Full Version : Musings, MN Adjustable Sights, and Random Thoughts

Josh Smith
05-04-2011, 12:17 PM
Hi Folks,

http://smith-sights.yolasite.com/

Just a heads-up: This week is slow, and turnaround time is next-day. If you want a fast order, this would be a good time.

Mainly, I'm bored. Can't really reload until my case trimmer gets here, though I've done a few with a certain fine grinding wheel and drill press. Should be seeing the Lee trimmer, I'm guessing, Saturday.

Been playing around with more or less bedding, and I'm finding that my rifle doesn't like having a pressure point at the end, just bedded.

However, putting a piece of cork at the top of the rear handguard keeps it parallel with the lower stock.

Someone on eBay going by Redbird is selling some really good extensions for cheap. Something like $14 shipped. It looks decent, is made of hardish rubber, and grips well. It does not soak up much recoil, but that's not something I was looking for. There is metal backing instead of plastic, and it can be bent to fit the butt of your particular rifle perfectly.

Some folks have asked me to develop a rear sight. I'm not sure what you all would like to see in a rear sight; if you have ideas, let me know here or on the website.

Nice day in Indiana, but coldish. Think I might go lower prices for the rest of the week. I try to keep my site apolitical, but there may be some cause for celebration for some, and I can reflect that.

Josh

3006guns
05-04-2011, 07:47 PM
Josh, I sent my email address for any updates and also emailed your website to my son (we both have 91/30's). It looks like you make a good product at a fair price, so we might be doing some business in the future. Thanks!

Josh Smith
05-14-2011, 02:13 PM
Hello,

It took a while to see your response here, sir, but you should have gotten the newsletter.

If you did not, please let me know and I'll figure out where the hangup is!

My goal is not to take orders and fill them only, but rather to have a good repertoire with each customer. I spend about a day a week doing nothing but paperwork and answering emails. Not getting rich by any means, I just feel I should treat anyone who orders from me the way I would want to be treated. Midway USA is a #1 supplier for my personal needs because they do do this, even if it may be a form letter.

If I can do the Midway USA thing but better, I'll be happy!

Thanks,

Josh