PDA

View Full Version : Shoulder holster for scoped, 10" Contender!!!!

DakotaElkSlayer
05-03-2011, 10:46 PM
Just found this online when looking for a holster. https://secure.tcarms.com/store/right-hand-shoulder-holster-10-inch-barrel-pistol-with-scope-no-9534.html

Try to find some friends nearby that also want one and put them all in one order. The $16+ shipping for a single holster doesn't make the deal quite as fantastic!:x

Jim

475BH
05-03-2011, 11:20 PM
I use a sling, it's cheaper, you don't have to take it off of yourself, not hanging off ya gettin in the way, not bulky, if you decide to take it off someplace out there you can just roll it up and put it in yer backpack or pocket.

LUCKYDAWG13
05-03-2011, 11:45 PM
if thats the one with the slite in for the scpoe they dont hang right
i had one look at a QuietHide Holsters these are made to fit your gun
and Dave is a member on castboolits

475BH
05-03-2011, 11:48 PM
I use a sling, it's cheaper, you don't have to take it off of yourself, not hanging off ya gettin in the way, not bulky, if you decide to take it off someplace out there you can just roll it up and put it in yer backpack or pocket.

http://www.midwayusa.com/viewProduct/default.aspx?productNumber=936974
If you decide to go w/ a sling, you'll have to measure the diameter of the barrel where you want to put the band/stud and buy a kit like the above one according to the diameter.
I have Pacmayr grips on my 'tenders, w/ a sockethead capscrew thru bolt. I just cut off the wood screw end of the screw/stud and welded it to the end of the 'tender thru bolt.
Put the band on the barrel where it looked good, found a piece of web sling, put the swivels on the sling and all done.
http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w20/sbhg/tendersling.jpg

DakotaElkSlayer
05-04-2011, 12:39 AM
Wondered why there was a sling stud on the barrel of the 30-30!

Jim

Artful
05-04-2011, 02:41 AM
DakotaElkSlayer, Try a single point sling attached to grip - if you adjust it right you can thrust forward and use as a support.

If you use the barrel sling attachment it can throw off the harmonic's and groups can go to Spit.

475BH
05-04-2011, 08:23 AM
If you use the barrel sling attachment it can throw off the harmonic's and groups can go to Spit.

I haven't noticed that w/ any type of "field rest".

Artful
05-04-2011, 01:22 PM
I haven't noticed that w/ any type of "field rest".

Are you trying to use the sling to steady it? My experience is any pressure with the sling attached to the barrel can cause problems.

475BH
05-04-2011, 02:17 PM
I really haven't thought of it at all.
You mean wrap the sling around your arm like w/ a rifle sling?
Then no I haven't, I don't know why a person would.
You don't want the gun to move to the right or left during recoil (I think a sling wrapped around your forearm would do this, in shooting consistency is the key. I think if the sling was loose one shot and tight the next it would throw flyer IMO)
Either, gripping w/ both hands or just one the gun would recoil straight up and be consistent.
That has been my experience anyway.

HEAD0001
05-04-2011, 09:00 PM
Just my luck. I just received a custom shoulder rig I had built for a 10" Contender. Cost me a few pennies over $200!! But I still really like my new holster. But not as much now that I saw the deal on this one. That is a rel deal. Evenif you just stored your firearm in the holster!! However you are right, that shiping is a tad bit high. Tom.

saidnuff
05-05-2011, 12:31 AM
Be careful of storing a gun in a leather holster. Depending on how the leather was tanned it may corrode the metal of the gun. Same with a knife in the sheath. I found out the hard way.