PDA

View Full Version : What brand is this?

Vince from MO
05-02-2011, 10:57 PM
I have this core mold and can't find any name on it. Anyone know? It comes with a long and short stem to make several weights of cores. Any help with brand and price would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Vince

NoZombies
05-03-2011, 12:16 AM
looks like the one that was being offered by "swage it" but I have no way of knowing if they originated the design

firefly1957
05-03-2011, 09:03 AM
I like that design it would be easy to make .

BwBrown
05-03-2011, 09:34 PM
They are currently being sold by a fellow on "the bay" - I believe he will make any size cavity you want. Don't remember the cost.
If I'm interpreting the pictures correctly, it looks to be a pretty neat "hammer ejection" style core mold.
Bob

Vince from MO
05-05-2011, 04:48 PM
Does anyone know what this mold would be worth? It will make about any weight core that you could want!

Thanks,
Vince

BwBrown
05-05-2011, 07:48 PM
Does anyone know what this mold would be worth? It will make about any weight core that you could want!

Thanks,
Vince

The ebay guy (do a search, I don't remember his name) sells them for 44.95. He will bore them out to your preference of size, or choice of caliber.

michiganvet
07-02-2011, 12:22 PM
I have 4 of those in different cals that I bought back in the 90's but I can't remember from whom for sure. It was in conjunction with some swaging dies from a guy in the Detroit area for my RC so it may have been from him. I also got a core cutter that does a whole bunch of different sizes. I will try to find a brochure or other paperwork in the swaging den.