PDA

View Full Version : Neck sizing dies

300winmag
05-02-2011, 10:17 PM
:coffeecomLooking for some opinions from those of you that use Redding and Forster. I am in need of the 300 win mag neck sizer. Would like to know neg- and ***+ if any or is it just a personal choice.
Thanks to all.

Doc Highwall
05-02-2011, 10:40 PM
Which neck sizer they both make them with and without the bushing?
I have the Redding neck bushing dies that use the bushings and only size the neck and I also have the full length S dies that take the bushings and size the whole case and the neck and I would not be with out them.

bobthenailer
05-03-2011, 08:20 AM
I have neck sizers for perhaps 8 different calibers from Redding and Bonanza / Forrester .
not the bushing type though ! no problems with any

300winmag
05-03-2011, 09:06 AM
Thanks, been shopping around seems like it might not be a popular item out of stock as a single die. I might have to get a set they are stocked. I have the rcbs not real happy with it.

GabbyM
05-03-2011, 09:54 AM
If you go with a bushing die you can use the same bushings for any other 30 caliber cases you have a die body for.

The Forster Precision Plus Bushing Bump Neck Sizer Die will alloy you to maintain your head space without FL sizing. I'm not a belted magnum loader but have read it's nice to force them to headspace off the shoulder instead of the belt for increased case life. Shoulder bump bushings would not be interchangeable with other cases with differing shoulders.

My 223 and 243’s don’t seam to stretch when just neck sizing, knock wood.

skeet1
05-03-2011, 10:00 AM
I think there is a third option, the Lee Collet Neck Sizing Die. They are unique in the way they function and make some very acurate ammo. Also they require no lube on the case.

Ken

300winmag
05-03-2011, 10:06 AM
I think there is a third option, the Lee Collet Neck Sizing Die. They are unique in the way they function and make some very acurate ammo. Also they require no lube on the case.

Ken

Thanks Ken, I will check into that option also.

Von Gruff
05-03-2011, 05:03 PM
Dont forget the Wislon dies. They do the neck sizing die with multiple bushes as well. I use thier dies for NS and seating and find they are well priced, much better than the Redding.

Von Gruff.