PDA

View Full Version : My Creedmoor 45-110 LR Express

Kenny Wasserburger
12-17-2006, 07:24 PM
Here is a picture of my Creedmoor Sharps and a few medals its won.

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q71/kwasserburger/Picture202.jpg

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q71/kwasserburger/Picture208.jpg

Kenny Wasserburger
Wyoming Territory Sharps Shooter

cigg52
12-17-2006, 08:05 PM
Kenny what brand and model is that scope on your sharps

Kenny Wasserburger
12-17-2006, 09:23 PM
Cigg,

That would be the MVA (Montana Vintage Arms) 23 inch model, with the new Creedmoor mount its quite a bit taller for the guys that want a 28 inch scope and have enough elevation with the further spacing of the blocks.

I wanted it for attempting some Mile shoots this coming spring.

Kenny Wasserburger
PS:
In My Opinion the other brands fail to even be competitive.

MVA has the best mounts period.

crossfireoops
12-17-2006, 09:48 PM
Kenny.....what is the spacing on the scope blocks ?

Beautiful ( and deservedly famous) rig, that.

GTC

cigg52
12-17-2006, 10:39 PM
That is a nice rifle you have there. From some of the other forums I read you are a very well respected contributor to BPCR shooting. I have a Shiloh on order and can't make up my mind if a want the standard finish or one of the others (Antique- Pack-hardend). All I have seen with with my own two eyes is the standard finish, and from the photos I have seen the pack-hardend seem to have some yellows in them , which I don't really care for .

Kenny Wasserburger
12-17-2006, 11:02 PM
Cross fire,

11.3 inches I think? its 11 something? 1 tick mark=.001 3 ticks equal 1 Moa on my scope. The retical is of course Mil-dots.:roll: Which work VERY Well in fast shifting conditions as Raton is Famous for.

Cigg here are a few pictures of my Pack harden guns: I like the Pack Harden colors alot.

My silhouette Mid-Range rifle
http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q71/kwasserburger/PC170055.jpg

My Business Rifle for the bidness of killing buffalo
http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q71/kwasserburger/PC170051.jpg

Kenny Wasserburger

crossfireoops
12-17-2006, 11:12 PM
Ken, what do you think of that "aperture" crosshair set up, the one with, well, an aperture in the center...? ( I think it's available in a coupla' differant subtensions)

Best Regards, GTC

cigg52
12-17-2006, 11:13 PM
Kenny- What is the finish on the one with the scope on it ?

Kenny Wasserburger
12-17-2006, 11:23 PM
Crossfire,

you can get that With a 4 MOA app or a 6 MOA app. They're ok I guess but I learned to hold off with mill-dots [smilie=1: So I go with what I know?

Cigg that is Shilohs old French Gray finish with alot-and I mean alot of Patina on it. The newer French gray is almost a stainless looking finish tougher then the hub's of hell too I hear. Pure Poison is 12 years old and had about 18,000 or so rounds down the first tube, rebarreled it and found out the breach block was the problem not the barrel. Kirk went ahead and put on a new barrel too. He wanted at the time to refinish the old girl but I said no, at this current time the rifle has a touch over 20,000 rounds on it, As Kirk Bryan says you can tell its my favorite.

Anytime your someplace and 45-110's are discussed this rifle usually gets talked about.

Kenny Wasserburger

Dale53
12-18-2006, 01:47 AM
Kenny;
You can praise the rifle all you want:mrgreen: - the shooter, you, is the person that deserves the praise!:drinks:

Dale53

Bigjohn
12-18-2006, 02:19 AM
You might travel light going to a shoot but coming home sure plays havoc with the excess baggage seein' as how you need an extra bag fur all the trophies.

They certainly are very good lookin' rifles and certainly capable of supporting the shooter's abilities. Well done.

John.

Kenny Wasserburger
12-18-2006, 06:29 PM
Dale,

Long time no see, and thanks. The old shooter does have something to do with it but ones tools have to be also top drawer or your sunk.

I have tried my hand at Silhouette-Schutzen even but Long range has always been my passion.

Here's to you also:drinks:

Big John we dont always come home with alot of extra's!:roll:

A good team is needed to excel at Long Range.

Kenny Wasserburger

Buckshot
12-18-2006, 10:51 PM
................Beautiful rifles. Art in metal and wood. Stuff like that would be nice to have on the wall so you could just look up and see'em whenever you needed too. And there is the need sometimes to just get one out and handle it. Lay it there closeby while you're reading a book in the quiet of an afternoon, and you just have to raise your eye a bit to see it.

...............Buckshot

Harpman
12-21-2006, 09:28 PM
sweeeeeeeet

crossfireoops
12-29-2006, 04:13 AM
Ken, I've run some awfully expensive "mil-dot" scopes, in that "Unmentionable " white powder realm.......Leupolds, that were really repeatable, in terms of elevation.........more than a piker like me deserves....I mean REALLY repeatable.

never had much luck , beyond 5-600 yd., 'holding off"

critique requested...........paralax?, me?, bad looser attitude?, ....WHAT....?:confused:

Soule sights serve these days, and barely..........lookin' at scopes with a practical attitude ( Lord knows I get to mount enough of 'em)......

That "aperture" rig............pretty much a sillhouette deal....?:confused:

GTC

Kenny Wasserburger
12-29-2006, 09:24 PM
Greg,

Training is all it takes, the app set up good on bulleyes too but no hold off with that set up.

Mil dots my fav and well just takes lots of wind and practice!:Fire: :-D

I spend alot of time using mil-dots at 8-9-1000 so got a pretty good system.

Kenny

crossfireoops
01-02-2007, 10:17 PM
" .... all it takes is lots of wind and practice..."

Sold on the Mil-dot setup, that's me, got more'n adequate wind, practice to follow.

Thanks Ken.

GTC

WBH
01-15-2007, 11:08 PM
I'm rather of the RHO scope myself.