PDA

View Full Version : unertyl,lyman,redfield,fecker scopes

bigted
05-02-2011, 01:18 PM
ive been shopping for a unertyl scope mainly and have come across a site that is run/owned by a fella named;

Dewayne Greiner

hailing from Cyrus, mn. has anyone had dealings with this man and if so what were your experience with him.

he seems to have a big collection of unertyl scopes and the prices seem a little on the high side but i really dont know the value of the cool looking scopes.

id like to know the difference between the target and varmint scopes and also is the parralax adjustable head ... is this the same as the newer leoplod adjustable head i have on my 6 to 18x scope?

ive got a e-mail in with him but he must be busy as i havnt heard a thing in return from him...seems like if he has a upstanding business he would reply to inquirys to his product...especially when he stands to make close to a grand with a sale.

i would apreciate any input on this fella and his scopes for sale.

by the way his net site is called ;

"classic unertl scopes"

thanks again.

Ted

Doc Highwall
05-02-2011, 01:29 PM
Here is another one by the name of Gary Fellers that is good also.

http://www.garyfellers.com/Home/tabid/1935/Default.aspx

gnoahhh
05-02-2011, 03:05 PM
Dewayne is ok. If you read his descriptions you'll understand the differences. His prices are what I would call fair, or average. Welcome to the world of Unertl.

littlejack
05-02-2011, 03:30 PM
bigted:
From the research that I have done lately, the Unertl and Fecker are top of the line scopes,
and are priced accourdingly. If you go the the ebay sight, and type in Unertl scopes, you
see that the prices may vary some, but they are still very expensive.
I was looking at both of them for my Uberti Hiwall, but could not justify the price or style for
a hunting scope. Have fun.
Jack

uscra112
05-23-2011, 02:23 AM
Here is another one by the name of Gary Fellers that is good also.

http://www.garyfellers.com/Home/tabid/1935/Default.aspx

I had to have CPR after seeing his asking prices. If my insurance doesn't cover it, can I send you the bill?

I mean really, a Lyman 438 that I can buy (and have bought) at a gun show for $75.00, and he wants $269 for one? Balvars ditto?

Black Prince
05-23-2011, 05:40 PM
Actually, I believe they call it a Unertl scope. They are top of the line, in limited supply, and in high demand. That usually means expensive.

I want a Porsche Turbo Carrera. I drive a used 4 WD Toyota Tundra picking up truck. It serves me well, but not just as well.

If you appreciate top quality, you will be happy with the Unertl scope. It is as good as it gets. If that quality level is more than you want to pay for, there are others that will serve you well. Not just as well, but well.

2Tite
05-23-2011, 05:48 PM
No offense meant......but see if you can find another Lyman 438 for $75. I'd give ya $100 for a real nice one.

Black Prince
05-23-2011, 06:59 PM
2 Tite you are too much and I'll take two of'em for 200 bucks.

bigted
05-26-2011, 02:41 PM
well after two e-mails to this fella with no response i pulled the trigger on another scope and as money wasnt the trouble it is a dandy...not exactly historic but my what a scope.

the scope is a niteforce 5.5 to 22 power. 56 mm objective and 30 mm body...the light is wonderfull and the crosswire is super with the etched glass crosshair product .

im a happy camper but still wish this dewayne had returned my mail to have a chance at my $1800.00.

ho hum...snooze ya lose as they say