PDA

View Full Version : Lube test, its warming up!

dangerranger
05-01-2011, 08:31 PM
I dont know about everyone else but weather is getting warm here, and I was wondering if anyone is still thinking about last years lube test? even tho some posts got a little testy, I learned alot from the discussion. How did the Australians do through there hot season with it? DR

Bullshop
05-01-2011, 09:19 PM
Those poor blokes down under were doing good to survive our winter let alone get any testing done. They had some serious issues with flooding and earth quakes.

Don McDowell
05-01-2011, 09:23 PM
This next weekend at the Midwest Championship, Carols rifle will be shooting bullets lubed with Bullshop Nasa. We'll have a real good idea about how it does in 2 days of shooting. So far it's held up pretty well.
I sent a piece of one of the new recipes to a friend in socal, and he reported good accuracy but it had a tendancy to dry fast, but hydrated back up easy enough, but he saw nothing in it that would convince him to adandon his current lube.

semtav
05-01-2011, 11:41 PM
I'm not sure we are going to have a hot summer here. I heard its gonna average in the 70's this year.
I've got a whole bunch of lubes gathered up for testing this summer.

First thing I'm going to test for is accuracy of each lube, and I can do that while its still cool
so Far I have

NASA Lube
DGL
SPG
B-P Moly
Ozokerite/ Tallow mix
and White Lightning on the way.

Will be curious to see what everyone thats testing comes up with.

cajun shooter
05-02-2011, 11:03 AM
Hey Semtav, We have already had a 91 degree day with 80% humidity and that was the 3rd week of April. I wish I could go to a place with that type of summer. I know Rick Mulhern would enjoy it also. I was in Sturgis, SD in August of 1990 and you had to wear a coat at night.

Don McDowell
05-02-2011, 11:09 AM
I don't think a few shots here and there with any one lube will determine much,other than to give a sense if it's something a person wants to try more indepth shooting with.
A series of matches shot in varying conditions will be more telling on how a lube holds up.

semtav
05-02-2011, 09:59 PM
Hey Semtav, We have already had a 91 degree day with 80% humidity and that was the 3rd week of April. .

25 deg last night

dangerranger
05-02-2011, 11:24 PM
25 deg last night

88 degrees here in the daytime with 25% humidity. what Im hoping for is a lube that will work the same all day. by Aug it will be in the 100s and 10 to 15% humidity. DR

montana_charlie
05-03-2011, 12:24 PM
25 deg last night
So far this spring, each time my corrals have dried out enough to put away the rubber boots, I have awakened to another three inches of snow.
I'm hoping that's about to stop.
CM

McLintock
05-03-2011, 02:06 PM
Bring the lubes to Arizona for testing, we're already hitting single digit humidities and 90+ degree days; already hit a 100 degree day in Phoenix.
McLintock

Don McDowell
05-09-2011, 02:39 PM
Carol shot the Nasa lube this weekend at Alliance, it preformed very well Friday and Saturday.
Yesterday when the temp got to 90+ and the humidity went somewhere else to visit, she stared fouling out, but that wasn't really anything out of the ordinary there was alot of folks driving rods thru their bores trying pound the lead out.
We're still going on with the Bullshop lube for the rest of the year and doing so happily.

Bullshop
05-09-2011, 04:06 PM
Were you blow tubing?

Don McDowell
05-09-2011, 04:23 PM
Yes she was using the tube. I'm not sure she was hydrated enough, and I'm not really positive that in those conditions any lube was going to get by without alot of help.
Wiping in those conditions is really about the only way to keep going without a problem somewhere along the way.

Gerald C
05-10-2011, 07:29 PM
I shot at Alliance also, I started shooting on thursday, shot some friday, shot both matches sat. & sun. 148 bulootis in all I wet patch once each shot, never cleaned the gun till I got home sun. night! I took first place in scope and placed 5th over all. their score sheet did not show this because they droped my scope clase due to a computer glits, I taked to them and they said they would make it right, my lube is my own.
Gerald C

Don McDowell
05-10-2011, 07:36 PM
Good shooting Gerald , there was some excellent riflemen with scopes mounted on their rifles there, and coming out on top is now small deal..

Gerald C
05-10-2011, 07:54 PM
Don, I know that but certin people thought that useing blasting powder was a waste of time and told me so, so I thought I'd toot my own horn!!!! It was great to meet you, and your wife and to put a face on you so when you post I know you!
hpe to see you in aug. at Harln's shoot.

Gerald C

Don McDowell
05-10-2011, 07:59 PM
Gerald yes it was good to meet you. Toot away because to come out on top of any class of shooters that show up at Alliance is quite an accomplishment.
We're figuring to be at Big Hill and the Quigley this year, so look us up if you're there, and yes we'll be sure to look for you at Harlans .
What did your final score end up at? We were absolutely tickled with Carols 45, especially with the wind conditions on Saturday.

Kenny Wasserburger
05-10-2011, 08:33 PM
Gerald shot a 52 for the two days As I recall?

26 and 26. very fine shooting indeed! Congrats.

Sunday just plumb wore me out trying spot for 3 people and shoot.

Saturday was much the same but least I could shoot Prone.

Enjoyed Alliance as always, 22's were kind to me though on Friday.

KW
The Lunge

Don McDowell
05-10-2011, 09:29 PM
Kenny the a/c in the pickup sure felt good on the way home. Carol and I were both tuckered out.
I agree spotting for more than one is almost a full time job without shooting for oneself.

Bullshop
05-10-2011, 11:26 PM
AC! Our AC came down as a white blanket over the week end. We are still freezing pretty hard at night.
Don I want to thank you for your faith and support in our product.

Don McDowell
05-10-2011, 11:33 PM
When we went thru Morril on the way home about 5 oclock sunday the bank thermometer said 92. Carol was watching Dick Savages weather display he carries on his gun cart and reported 90 someodd sometime around the last couple of relays.

There's a good chance we'll get snow tommorrow they say. We had the ground white with about 6 inches of hail last night...
My faith in your product was earned by your products ability to perform, plane and simple.

hydraulic
05-11-2011, 10:54 PM
Gerald shot a 52? Wow! I got an 18 on the Creedmoor and a 15 on the buffalo for a total of 34 and was tickled to death. But Carol just knocked our socks off; I think she placed 13th or l4th out of what----72 shooters ? My nephew shot his first BPCR event with his new Cabela's Pedersoli and got a 38. He has been merciful to his disabled veteran uncle. When and where are they going to post the scores?

Don McDowell
05-11-2011, 11:07 PM
Hydraulic they'll probably get those scores up on their website shortly. Jim usually emails them to me, so as soon as they get here, I'll send them on to you if you don't have them already.
Yessir pretty proud of the way my wife shot.

semtav
08-10-2011, 09:08 PM
Well I didn't get squat done this summer. Got some white lightning and used it for what little shooting I got to do. Anyone else have any results?

Don McDowell
08-10-2011, 09:17 PM
Summers not over yet.

Alliance this weekend,Rawlins next, Bigwhiskey sillywet laborday, and then the Medicine Rocks at Ekalaka. Then I'll have a fairly objective report on the Bullshop Nasa in a variety of conditions.
But up to this point unless something changes it'll be safe to say it's a very good lube.