PDA

View Full Version : I blew it!

W.R.Buchanan
05-01-2011, 03:18 PM
Well,,, at the gun show yesterday I saw a Lyman 4 cavity 429421 that was new or almost new in the origial box with handles. The guy wanted $50.

I hummed and hawed, and we even talked about jumping on something when you see it cuz you might not get another chance at it.

Well I let it go, (*******?) :groner:

I got home and read a bunch of stuff on here last night about that mould and decided I would go back today and buy it. I was not worried about it being there, because nobody would know what it was. (really a *******!) [smilie=b:

It was in fact not there and in fact I talked to 5 other people who had eyeballed it, and apparently someone had bought it right after I left the day before.

So let this be a lesson to you. If you see something you want you better buy it, because if it was that good it won't be there when you go back.

Point is ,,,if you are thinking about it, it is a fact that others are thinking about it as well. This is one of the ways we are all connected. Can work for you, or against you.

Randy

woody1
05-01-2011, 03:21 PM
Been there. Done that. If you snooze you loose!

MtGun44
05-01-2011, 03:28 PM
Worth at least $75 IMO. At any sort of a sale, you gotta know for sure what something is
worth to stay ahead. I have done this sort of thing several times on guns that I just wasn't
up on the particular model enough to know if what seemed like a good price was good or not.

I have missed a few nice guns this way.

Bill

cabezaverde
05-01-2011, 04:02 PM
I couldn't justify it just for this use, but having my Blackberry at gun shows is real handy for looking up prices and information on the internet while I am there.

stubshaft
05-01-2011, 10:17 PM
Rather than beating yourself up about missing out on it. Just think to yourself, "it was probably undersized anyway"!

swheeler
05-01-2011, 10:36 PM
I'll bet the other guy got it for 40 dollars!!!!!

Moonie
05-02-2011, 10:00 AM
Yea, but it threw boolits that were .426 (that would be my story anyway)

Duckiller
05-02-2011, 03:42 PM
Randy; think I was at the same show. All I found were Lee RB molds. Did see some Lyman handles that I passed on. First time at Ventura show. While a ways to drive it was nice it wasn't hot or too crowded. Got some of the powder that I went for. Not sure of the savings when I pay for gas, but wife got out of the house and we bought strawberries and oranges on the way back.

W.R.Buchanan
05-02-2011, 05:26 PM
I'll use that undersize story, #$&%*@@% thing wasn't any good anyway!

Life goes on.

Randy

W.R.Buchanan
05-02-2011, 05:43 PM
Duck Killer: The Ventura show is a nice place to buy guns and gun related stuff. I grew up in Ventura, been going there for 40+ years. Did you notice the flooring in the two big buildings? They just installed that rubber flooring in the last few weeks, and it made the buildings much quiter and more comfortable to walk around in.

I know they spent a bunch doing it too, as I have 2 strips of that same material that are 4 x30 feet in my machine shop and they are worth right at $1000. I got mine from a friend who runs a health club and it had to be replaced so I got it for free, he told me what it cost to replace, Not cheap!.

I figure they spent at least $100K each to cover the floors in those two buildings and I might be light on that.

The guy with the mould I was talking about was on the north side of the north building on the right side of the north side door. He had some Lee moulds also, but nothing else I was interested in. He told me he had sold that mould about 15 minutes after I looked at it so I was way late on my second pass. I need to go to some larger shows like the big one in Pomona. From what I hear it is about 25 times bigger than my local show. also there is a big one in Las Vegas about every 2-3 months.

There was not very much there in the way of reloading equipment, and everytime I go there is less. Very few bargains in that category. Very few bargains in the gun category as well. Everybody wants top dollar + 20% so they can negotiate?

Randy

imashooter2
05-02-2011, 06:26 PM
LOL! I've had my buddy buy a gun right after I put it down...