PDA

View Full Version : Meepos lubrizer's popping up ?

Digger
04-30-2011, 07:28 PM
Went to a little gun show here locally , had fun perusing and spotted what looked like a lubrizer on a table , looked closer .... Meepos !
Hadn't heard of them before , came back home .. got on line and did a search here and found some information real quick .
An old push thru sizer ! ... yes ! so back to the show and talked to the gentleman and walked out 45 dollars less in my pocket ( a little more than I wanted to let go) but how I love the old equipment !
And Here I go to Reno to all the show's looking and hardly ever see any thing ....... this one almost in my back yard .
Now I am going to tap every one's knowledge on this little toy if they would be so kind ....
Been reading maybe Buckshot can make the die's and looking at Dutchman's machine , it looks real pretty.
It came with a die and nose punch but I probably will have to "slug" it to find out what I have as it has no stamping visible , maybe when I remove it , it will have something .....
My Mihec 125 and 158 's just slid thru with a little friction , almost fall thru and they come out at 358.5 or so.

Would it be possible to use this nose first ?
Over all it doesn't look to bad , just a little rust on the bottom and the bottom nut for the die is rusted on but we will see how the Kroil will work ..... and it's missing the lube valve handle I think but that will be a easy fix .
Looks good with my Lyman 45 , Seaco 10 lb pot , old Redding scale , not to mention an old coin fed gas meter in the background that I am restoring at the moment ....

Bent Ramrod
05-01-2011, 10:14 AM
Congratulations on your Meepos! An artifact from when LA was a gun-friendly city. And the Good Stuff, like gold, is where you find it. Size or distance in gun shows has nothing to do with what you find there.

A screwdriver handle with the right size shank should be a good substitute for your missing lever. Depending on where the holes in your die are and the depth your punch goes in, and where the lube grooves are, you should be able to size nose first. Dutchman has a thread around here somewhere where he took apart, cleaned and restored his Meepos sizer.

I can't find the instructions I got from ARTCA, but as I recall, it's like the Star without the automatic pump at the bottom of the stroke. You tighten the reservoir screw, press in the boolit and work the side lever up and down to let in the lube.

Now you need to keep your eyes open for a Meepos reloading press!:wink:

Digger
05-01-2011, 10:28 AM
Thanks Ramrod ,,,, just dropped a note over in Dutchman's thread ... appreciate the the tips and input , look forward to using it down the road .
Enjoy some of the history that comes up with these older pieces of equipment ....

By the way the kroil worked , loosened the rusted nut on the die , pulled it out and still no #stamp on it but I used my digital cal's and came up with a .364 .... what kind of cal. or boolit goes with that number ?
Might be a custom cut die .....

Bent Ramrod
05-01-2011, 08:54 PM
0.366" is the 9.3 caliber; 0.364" would be a little small for that, though. Meepos seemed to be a semi-custom outfit and could make a die for any size requested. Maybe yours was for sizing a cast boolit such as Ideal 366408 to fit one of those German drillings whose rifle barrels are marked with a nominal size but are all over the place in actual dimensions.

Digger
05-01-2011, 09:35 PM
Very interesting there Ramrod ..... went ahead and took it all apart and put a heat gun to it , cleaned all the wax out .. pulled out the valve rod , looks like machined pin ....
Looking at it at first I was very puzzled from the view into the channel from the tube/reservoir hole , I can just see the tip of the rod touching the bottom of the channel .. was thinking how did this work over all ? am I missing a part or parts ?
Feel like a dufus now .... I e - mailed the Dutchman if he new of any thing on how it worked .... later this afternoon the light bulb went on !
I remember reading in one of the threads , somebody described it as when the pressure screw builds the valve rod goes up slowly to a certain point then you push down on the handle pushing the valve rod down ....

If I am right , the system is built up with pressure just enough so the rod reaches it's designated high point yet not pushing the lube to the boolit like a relief valve ? ......... then you pull/push the handle ... injecting the rod into the chamber like a piston... creates just enough pressure build to inject the lube to the boolit .... amazing , that darn rod is very small (if I am correct ?) .... or I am missing some parts like a spring or something as that is all there is on this machine .
Hey ! all ways learning .

Dutchman
05-01-2011, 10:20 PM
I checked my unedited Meepos photos and wondered why I don't have a photo of the valve rod itself. I had it out of the casting....?

http://dutchman.rebooty.com/meepos_speedlube.html

I'm going to have to delve deeper into this issue of the valve rod. As I recall there was no spring.

I've not had lube through mine yet. I wanted to blueprint the one sizing die before I filled it with lube.

Your original handle shaft is gone. Looks to be a bolt that's too short. The handle shaft is 3/8" round low carbon steel held in place by a set screw and with a handle pushed on. You'll need a longer handle shaft for leverage. The photos of my Meepos don't reflect the longer handle shaft I put on after sizing some .311" rifle bullets one day. I needed more leverage.

Your lube lever shaft seems to be missing unless you took it off. It's low carbon steel 1/4" diameter with a 1" round wooden ball handle. Easy fix for both those items. Some Meepos used those file handles and some used round balls on the two smaller handles.

I can supply you with the main shaft and a simple oak handle and I can supply you with the lube lever and a simple oak handle. In the future I'd like to pick up a small supply of 1" round wooden balls for those two handles, the lube pressure handle takes a 5/16" shaft on mine so it has 1" round wooden balls on those two handles. But in the meantime I can supply you a simple oak handle until later...

Go over my webpage and make a list of what parts you'll need. I'd be happy to barter cast bullets for .38 Special, .45 acp or any .311"/.314" rifle boolits as a nominal exchange. The shafts and handles aren't a big deal.

This list doesn't mean I can supply all these parts at the drop of a hat.. Some yes I can supply fast, some will require lead time. I don't want to do any sizing dies at the moment. I'm too behind in shop work presently. But some of the other stuff I can supply and it's mostly inexpensive. Anyway, it doesn't hurt to ask about something. I do intend on being able to supply everything but the main casting. The Meepos is robust and well made. Many of the assembly parts are off the shelf or easily modified. I intend on making a special gasket punch for the sizing die so I can manufacture exact gaskets. (a really smart guy would take the gaskets to an auto parts store to see if exact gaskets are already available). I will also made a mold to form the leather gasket. If you've ever changed out a fuel tank pump gasket on a Coleman white gas stove you know what's involved.

I composed this list and put the names on the parts so there would be a technical means of identifying the various parts and assemblies.

Meepos Parts List

- leather seal
- lube compression screw assembly, less seal
- lube compression screw, handle shaft 5/16" w/wood knob
- lube compression screw, handle yoke, machined
- lube compression screw, handle yoke pin
- lube reservoir
- lube reservoir, cap, machined (not cast)

- nose punch ram, standard
- nose punch ram, for modified Lyman nose punch
- nose punch ram, pin, 1 each
- Meepos-type nose punch w/jam nut

- sizing die body, w/nut
- sizing die gaskets, 2 each

- lube valve, shaft w/setscrew & locking nut
- lube valve, nub
- lube valve, lever 5/16"
- lube valve, round wooden knob, 1 each
- lube valve, valve stem

- main toggle, lever, 3/8" diameter X" long
- main toggle, oak knob
- main toggle, links, 2 each
- main toggle, bolts, 2 each, w/self-locking nuts,
4 each, and washers, 4 each
- main toggle, lever setscrew

If I missed anything feel free to let me know. I haven't worked on this particular *project* in a while.

Dutch

Digger
05-01-2011, 10:46 PM
Wow ! very nice there Dutchman ... thank you for the response and what a list !
With all that available , feel like the kid in the candy store ...
Makes me feel a little bit better about my 45 dollar shot in the dark here .....
I will be in contact with you later on about parts ... fun ! and guess I will just have to put it all together later and see how it works as until then the mystery about the valve rod function will be bugging me .......:veryconfu
I also sent a pm to Lathesmith about dies , just an inquiry to see what's possible .

Thank you so much ,
digger

firebrick43
05-02-2011, 12:10 AM
Thanks Dutchman nice article. It's Winamac Indiana however! Sorry dad lives a few miles south of there.

Dutchman
05-02-2011, 12:16 AM
Thanks Dutchman nice article. It's Winamac Indiana however! Sorry dad lives a few miles south of there.

Typo:). I lived in Medaryville for 10 years. It was in the northwest corner of Pulaski County.

Dutch

firebrick43
05-03-2011, 12:58 AM
Aunt is the eye doctor around there, francisville. Been in madaryville quite a few times, small world I guess

Dutchman
05-03-2011, 02:05 AM
From Complete Guide to Handloading by Philip Sharpe
3rd Edition 1953

Meepose Speedlube. The Speedlube bullet sizer and lubricator is an excellent addition to the Meepos line, and with the exception of the war years, has been on the market continuously since 1940. It permits accurate and careful bullet sizing at the speed the modern handloader requires for that work. This unit is designed to be operated on a bench and should be bolted or screwed into position. It occupies but little room- width 3 1/4 inches and height 8 inches. Pressure lubricators should be versatile - and this one is.

Those who have used bullet lubricators recognize that in changing dies from one bullet to another, it is also necessary to change the diameter and length of the forcing punch. In the Meepos this is a simple matter. Dies may be replaced by unscrewing one lock nut at the bottom of the die. The bullet seating punch is removed and adjusted by means of a screw thread in the ram, a lock nut securing it when the adjustment is correct.

The Meepos Speedlube was formerly produced in two models. In the earlier type, lubrication was automatic-pressing the bullet into the die starts the lubricant into the grooves. The upward stroke finished the job. The only trouble with this idea as used in the Meepos first model is that the lubricant starts before the bullet is in proper position, wasting much lubrication in the die and soiling bullets badly. This model was discarded in 1941 and the Improved Speedlube adopted.

In use, the seating plunger is set to force the bullet into the die until the lubricant ports are opposite the grease grooves in the bullet. Once the set-up is complete, the machine is ready to operate. The grease cylinder at the rear of the machine is filled with stick lubricant and the pressure screw on top is turned down to force the lubricant into the auxiliary chamber. When this has been filled to proper pressure, the lower operating lever handle will rise to the upright position.

The bullet is then pushed into the die with the fingers; the sizing lever operated which forces it into proper position into the die, the lubricant lever given a pull to force grease into the grooves, and another bullet started. The process is repeated--the following bullet forcing the lubricated one through the bottom of the die without a messy surplus of grease all over it. Pressure on the main grease supply is renewed from time to time--every twenty bullets or so--as the operations are continued.

(Meepos Gun Shop: 4558 Council Street, Los Angeles)

dromia
05-03-2011, 02:52 AM
Thanks for taking the trouble to post that.

Digger
05-03-2011, 08:20 AM
Appreciate the note Dutchman , quite a bit of information to transpose to these pages , we are gaining more knowledge , thanks

captaint
05-03-2011, 03:34 PM
That was just excellent!!! Thank you Dutchman. Mike

Dutchman
05-03-2011, 05:38 PM
I transposed it to a .txt file so I could use it on the webpage. Figured it would be useful here just as well.

Dutch

Maven
05-03-2011, 07:05 PM
"I'd like to pick up a small supply of 1" round wooden balls for those two handles, the lube pressure handle takes a 5/16" shaft on mine so it has 1" round wooden balls on those two handles."

Dutch, Michael's craft stores carry a number of different diameters of round wooden balls (flat on the bottom though) for use as doll's heads. If you don't have Michael's nearby, I'm sure other similar craft stores carry them as well. Btw, I use them on short starters and range rods for my muzzle loading rifles.

Digger
05-03-2011, 10:54 PM
Dromia , I visited your website by the link in your signature and now went and did it ...... can't stop drooling ..:oops:
Spotted the 1874 Pedersoli Sharps 45-90 ..... sooooo nice !
To bad I dig holes for a living or else I would take that off your hands in a heart beat (twist my arm , don't make me !)

dromia
05-05-2011, 01:04 AM
Thanks Digger.

Got new stock to put up just need to photograph it.

Digger
05-14-2011, 10:03 PM
Update !..... with the Dutchman's handles installed and some elbow grease ...hopefully the link works .. click on the pic's for a better look
Used a new camera.
http://s1092.photobucket.com/albums/i409/leepress/
The size of the pics were to big for the server on this site so ....
Will test the machine when Lathesmith completes the sizer creation ....

Roundnoser
05-14-2011, 10:31 PM
What a beautiful press! I just gazed at the pictures for a minute or two and took it all in. Very nice.

Digger
05-21-2011, 09:01 AM
Thanks Roundnoser .. been enjoying the process so far, bringing it back to life:D

Huntducks
05-21-2011, 01:30 PM
Digger that's a bute you did good.[smilie=w:

I'm 63 lived in SoCal all my life and have never seen one but maybe I was not looking, I really like some of the old stuff but mainly old dies presses and molds.

Artful
05-21-2011, 01:43 PM
You did good on that rescue - .364 die could be for the old S&W 38's (Not 38 spl) or of course the 9x18 makarov but that caliber was rare before the wall fell and comblock stuff flooded in.

Pressman
05-21-2011, 02:03 PM
Using one of these appears to be a bit tricky. It seems the dies were bullet specific for lube rings. Changing bullets within a size could create problems.

Better read the instructions. email me: herters@netins.net for a pdf of the very simple instructions.

There seems to be three or four variations of the Speedlube, if any of the issues were corrected in newer models I do not know.

Ken

Digger
05-21-2011, 02:21 PM
Thank you gentlemen , and yes Pressman , I will fire off a note your way as I need all the input I can obtain for this machine as time goes on .
Taking a close look at the original die and the ones in Dutchman's pics and after having quite a bit of time on my lyman 45 using the current die set ups , .... I gathered that they very well could be boolit specific , looking at the very small orifice holes in them.
My last note to Lathesmith I stated that I can drill my own holes to custom so to speak as a trial method of usability .
I found that a grade 5 , 5/8 bolt to be a current candidate to try out , .. the possibility's are intriguing.

Digger
05-21-2011, 08:22 PM
Pressman was kind enough to send a copy of the original instructions, they are straight to the point.
(looking at them ,I feel like a archeologist !)
At this point in time , .. wonder what the original location of the gun shop looks like today ?
at 4558-60 Council st. , Los Angeles , Calif. , ... probably one huge building on site now .

badgeredd
05-21-2011, 11:04 PM
Digger,

I was fortunate enough to pick up 2 Meepos luber/sizers at different times before the prices went crazy on eBay. The first one I got had been modified to accept Lyman sizing dies. The second was damaged but repairable. I repaired the second one and am now using it regularly to size boolits. The first one is usable but very dependent on hole placement in the Lyman sizing dies. My intent is to make some Lyman style sizing dies that have holes in the proper location for the boolits I size. Together I paid $77 including shipping. My only regret is that I couldn't find more of them at those prices. The last one I saw on eBay went for $85 plus shipping. Apparently others have found that these presses while utilitarian are practical and very usable.

Edd

Digger
05-21-2011, 11:38 PM
Digger,

I was fortunate enough to pick up 2 Meepos luber/sizers at different times before the prices went crazy on eBay. The first one I got had been modified to accept Lyman sizing dies. The second was damaged but repairable. I repaired the second one and am now using it regularly to size boolits. The first one is usable but very dependent on hole placement in the Lyman sizing dies. My intent is to make some Lyman style sizing dies that have holes in the proper location for the boolits I size. Together I paid $77 including shipping. My only regret is that I couldn't find more of them at those prices. The last one I saw on eBay went for $85 plus shipping. Apparently others have found that these presses while utilitarian are practical and very usable.

Edd

Excellent ! , from one who is currently using one .....
Do you use it as a push thru ? (nose first) ......
And pressure , once you are up and stroke the valve handle do you have to apply more pressure from the main body for each boolit ?
Hope you don't mind the questions ..... [smilie=1:
Just curious how the really small holes compare to the larger in the lyman style in operation .....
Any how , don't want to drive you crazy , could go on but will control myself .....
Thanks there Badgeredd ! .... and all the guys helping out .... appreciate it ever so much .
(thinking back on Roundnoser staring at the pictures, bet you it was the first one with all that 60/40 solder in the background....:roll: )

digger

badgeredd
05-22-2011, 09:50 AM
Excellent ! , from one who is currently using one .....
Do you use it as a push thru ? (nose first) ......Yes...I use it as a nose first push through type.
And pressure , once you are up and stroke the valve handle do you have to apply more pressure from the main body for each boolit ? Nope...not necessary for at least 5 boolits or more depending on the size of the lube grooves...pretty much like the instructions Dutchman so kindly supplied. I had a bit of trial and error period when I started using mine. I surely wish I'd had the nice instructions from the beginning.
Hope you don't mind the questions ..... [smilie=1: Questions aren't a problem. Lazy questions irritate me but I try to be of any assistance if I can actually be helpful.
Just curious how the really small holes compare to the larger in the lyman style in operation .....I use MML per 357Maximum's directions with no problems. The Meepos appears to be designed for a quite soft lube like 50/50 alox/beeswax. I also use it to push through boolits that have had LLA applied to size before I apply a second coat of LLA.
Any how , don't want to drive you crazy , could go on but will control myself .....
Thanks there Badgeredd ! .... and all the guys helping out .... appreciate it ever so much .
(thinking back on Roundnoser staring at the pictures, bet you it was the first one with all that 60/40 solder in the background....:roll: )

digger

I am a big fan of MML and fairly soft lubes, and I doubt that a hard lube would work very well through the small holes in the original sizer dies I have unless some heat were applied. Even then I don't know if one would be successful applying a hard lube. I also found that the Lyman 4500 pressure disk can be modified to work in the Meepos sizer which is what I had to do in the one that was repaired to bring it into service. Personally I look at them as a primitive Star and from what I understand the Meepos may be easier to set up but likely will require more sizers with holes in the proper locations than the Star would. One thing that I find interesting is the use of common bolts and screws in the Meepos allows one to do a lot with a little to get them to work.

Edd

Digger
05-22-2011, 10:18 AM
Thanks for the input Badgeredd , all the tidbits of info are valuable as your using lyman 4500 pressure disk .
That is a good point about softer lubes that I will take into use here down the road as I am a fan of Lar's products my self.
Currently I have a rather unique set up for a heater as it is an item that is used in my industry on a common basis.
a aluminum block or plate with thermostatically controlled elements and interchangeable face plates for fusion of plastic pipe.
In one of the pics you can see the lyman 45 sitting on it , direct heat source , it works very nicely and I will set up the Meepos to interchange with the lyman at my convenience.

Another question If I may .... in your opinion .... would it be an advantage to enlarge the existing hole in the Meepos to accept the Lyman type dies or stick with the ability to create custom dies from scratch (bolt material ?).
side note: currently using PClinux on this computer, have been for the last 3 or 4 years.
Thank you
digger

badgeredd
05-22-2011, 10:43 AM
Thanks for the input Badgeredd , all the tidbits of info are valuable as your using lyman 4500 pressure disk .
That is a good point about softer lubes that I will take into use here down the road as I am a fan of Lar's products my self.

Although I haven't tried it myself, I imagine that a mix of 50/50 and Canuba Red may be the ticket...say maybe 2 of the 50/50 to one of the CR?

Another question If I may .... in your opinion .... would it be an advantage to enlarge the existing hole in the Meepos to accept the Lyman type dies or stick with the ability to create custom dies from scratch (bolt material ?).
Thank you
digger

IMHO...I hate to change things from their original design because it kinda messes up the history of the device. I personally like the 5/8 bolt as a basis of the dies. The bolts are relatively cheap and the modification to convert one to a sizing die is dead simple...and readily available. I prefer the fine thread grade 5 bolts but honestly can't see any reason a grade 3 bolt wouldn't be acceptable. SO...No I wouldn't modify the press to take Lyman type dies. Yes they are available but one can make ANY size die from a bolt if one uses the original design. Since I am a retired plastic injection mold maker and tool maker, I personally like the versatility of the bolt basis for the sizing dies. I wouldn't presume to tell you what to do with your press but I'd stick with the original design if I had it.

Oh yeah, on a side note...I will see if I can use the original syle dies in the press that has been modified to use the Lyman type dies...why it JUST dawned in my B-B brain I have no idea.

Edd

badgeredd
05-22-2011, 11:17 AM
IMHO...I hate to change things from their original design because it kinda messes up the history of the device. I personally like the 5/8 bolt as a basis of the dies. The bolts are relatively cheap and the modification to convert one to a sizing die is dead simple...and readily available. I prefer the fine thread grade 5 bolts but honestly can't see any reason a grade 3 bolt wouldn't be acceptable. SO...No I wouldn't modify the press to take Lyman type dies. Yes they are available but one can make ANY size die from a bolt if one uses the original design. Since I am a retired plastic injection mold maker and tool maker, I personally like the versatility of the bolt basis for the sizing dies. I wouldn't presume to tell you what to do with your press but I'd stick with the original design if I had it.

Oh yeah, on a side note...I will see if I can use the original syle dies in the press that has been modified to use the Lyman type dies...why it JUST dawned in my B-B brain I have no idea.

Edd

Digger,

Well the idea of using the original style dies was just too much for my psyche so I just went down to my reloading room and tried an original die in the modified Meepos. Although the die will work, it has too much play around the die IMHO. BUT, I believe a 11/16" bolt would be a viable alternative. The cavity for the die has been opened up to 45/64" and still wouldn't be a perfect fit but it would be much closer than using a 5/8" bolt. Thanks for the brain jog...I do believe I have a plan now. the other thing that would seem to be necessary is to make seals for the die but I have the ability to do that as well as look for something that is already available for a nominal cost.

So agin, IMHO I would not modify a Meepos press to accept Lyman style dies.

Edd

Digger
05-28-2011, 10:49 AM
Badgeredd,
Just got a note from Lathesmith and he just finished up his work on my die/bolt request so we will see how things go .....
He confirmed my suspicions as the 5/8 bolt honed out to a .452 seemed to be about the upper limit in size for this particular set up.
On that note , maybe that is a possibility as to why one of your machines had a bigger set up for the size/combo ?
Just a thought ...... your using a slightly bigger bolt now will increase your possibility's ?

Any how the process will begin on where to place my holes in the die as all the existing I have seen seem to be just above the threads leaving quite a bit of channel before them .....
digger

badgeredd
06-01-2011, 07:39 PM
Badgeredd,
Just got a note from Lathesmith and he just finished up his work on my die/bolt request so we will see how things go .....
He confirmed my suspicions as the 5/8 bolt honed out to a .452 seemed to be about the upper limit in size for this particular set up.
On that note , maybe that is a possibility as to why one of your machines had a bigger set up for the size/combo ?
Just a thought ...... your using a slightly bigger bolt now will increase your possibility's ?

Any how the process will begin on where to place my holes in the die as all the existing I have seen seem to be just above the threads leaving quite a bit of channel before them .....
digger

Yep, I'd agree that a 45 caliber boolit would be about as big as one would want to go although I imagine up to .461" diameter is viable. It definitely is a possibility that my one machine was changed for that reason. Whoever did the work did a nice job.

Ideally the hole in the die will line up precisely with you lube groove. One CAN make a custom nose punch to make the groove fall directly in line with the hole. Again it requires a bolt of the correct thread. It seems like it uses a fine thread 3/8" bolt but it could be a 7/16" diameter too...CRS strikes again!

Edd

Digger
06-02-2011, 09:57 PM
Stopped at the post office and picked up the die today , Lathesmith did some beautiful work on the little piece for how basic it is .., plan to get some more later on .
Now I have to decide where to place my lube holes in it , the existing die for the rifle had the holes just above the threads ... custom per boolit maybe as stated before.
With the new die I can drop an existing as cast boolit in to almost flush so after the first stroke maybe that will be the spot to install the holes where it comes to a stop with the second on top ready for the next ...
mmmmmmmmm ...... very close look here .... fun so far !

Ziptar
06-19-2011, 02:18 PM
I was just poking around on gun broker and stumbled across one if anyones looking.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=234309046

Currently $36 with a day to go.

Looks neat but, the lack of dies and need to resize to .452 makes it not for me.

Digger
06-19-2011, 02:28 PM
Looks to be in excellent shape for it's age .... good spotting there Ziptar

NoZombies
06-19-2011, 02:43 PM
I hate when people post links to things I've already found and was planning to bid on :(

Ziptar
06-19-2011, 04:05 PM
DOH! Sorry NoZombies.......

NoZombies
06-19-2011, 06:14 PM
No problem :)

Digger
06-20-2011, 08:25 PM
Well somebody just picked it up for $48.50 today , got them selves a good looking unit with just a little surface rust on the handle .

NoZombies
06-20-2011, 09:32 PM
Yeah, wasn't me either. :(

Digger
07-05-2011, 11:56 PM
Update ... Haven't had time to myself last month or so with a job promo and house full of women .. went and did a bath room remodel , now that will bring a smile to a woman's face ......[smilie=1:

finally got a chance for some time in the man cave this holiday weekend and mounted the Meepos on my custom heater plate and put some holes in Lathesmith's die he made .
Picked up a batch of Carnuba Red from Lar's , melted some down and poured iit in ...... OH S***&&
thought I had everything covered up until then ,,, even had a boolit down the the die to stop the flow .... but not far enough , guess I was still shy of the injection holes , drip , drip , drip ......:shock:
Nothing like a little hot wax on the toes ( ok guys , don't need to be hearing any wise cracks about a hot wax beauty treatment )

Seems I need to find just the right temp and procedure still as my wax was a little to fluid yet and also get the feel for the pressure applied on the handle .

As was stated before when the pressure screw is applied the secondary handle rises on it's own ready to inject ...... so far great fun as it works !
Just have to find the right position for the boolit as I ran out of time .......
some of the boolits came out just right and others were a little messy .... a little more effort is needed .....:D

Will have to order some more die's from Lathesmith when I get the opportunity .....
But so far good progress .... the set up is interchangeable plate mounts on the heater for both the Lyman 45 and the Meepos , working great so far ......

digger