PDA

View Full Version : Discount Tire Michigan

BulletFactory
04-29-2011, 10:23 PM
I bought tires today from the Auburn Hills Discount Tire, and naturally inquired about the used WW. The (manager?) told me that it was illegal, big fine, yada yada yada. I didn't challenge him on it, they didnt bother me for open carry, and he was prolly fed a line of BS from corporate and believed it.

*Paladin*
04-30-2011, 12:25 PM
Yeah, I've had a couple of chain tire shops give me the same line of bull. I don't know if its out of ignorance or just company policy. I just don't waste my time stopping by those shops any more.

winelover
04-30-2011, 12:31 PM
Belle Tire and Discount Tire managers both told me that it was company policy that WW's were to be recycled by their suppliers (Battery Manufacturers)!

Winelover

Hardcast416taylor
04-30-2011, 02:17 PM
Belle Tire and Discount Tire managers both told me that it was company policy that WW's were to be recycled by their suppliers (Battery Manufacturers)!

Winelover

Kanrock tire store in Lapeer has same policy, I also tried to "talk turkey" with them. I deduced that I might have gotten a better reply from the "turkey" instead!Robert

4719dave
04-30-2011, 03:05 PM
tire kindom. told me same **** wheel weight company recyled .even tried to bribe the grease monkey kid working on my co van no go

chajohnson
04-30-2011, 03:13 PM
One discount tire store here in town will give me a half bucket every now and then. The manager of the other one said no. I saved up a bunch of steel and zinc weights and talked him into a swap for lead weights. He was OK with that as long as he had something to send to the company they recycle with. He evidently has to report it each month to corporate HQ.

starbits
04-30-2011, 04:56 PM
About a year ago a Discount Tire manager here told me they had fired a manager in Phoenix for selling the ww instead of recycling them. He liked his job to much to deal with me, however I did find a handful in the parking lot while I was waiting to have my tires rotated.

Starbits

Ole
04-30-2011, 06:08 PM
I asked a discount tire manager when I first started casting and he told me that the company charges a deposit on the new WW's that they buy (they have to buy from a certain source because they are a franchise). When they trade the used weights back in, they don't have to pay a deposit on the new box.

bumpo628
04-30-2011, 06:29 PM
I asked a discount tire manager when I first started casting and he told me that the company charges a deposit on the new WW's that they buy (they have to buy from a certain source because they are a franchise). When they trade the used weights back in, they don't have to pay a deposit on the new box.

Ah, the truth finally.
So the idea about trading your scrap steel weights for their mixed bucket might work in this case.

BulletFactory
04-30-2011, 10:19 PM
Hey Hardcast, do you by chance shoot at the pit on roods lake road?

Hardcast416taylor
04-30-2011, 10:42 PM
Hey Hardcast, do you by chance shoot at the pit on roods lake road?

Haven`t been there for quite some years, P.C. (pre cancer). There was a group of slob shooters making it bad for we shooters that tried to keep the place picked up. Then there were some class 3 guys that nearly got the place closed on us. I`ve got my own range and my own old gravel pit to shoot in.Robert

Crusty Deary Ol'Coot
05-02-2011, 04:31 PM
My son is a store manager for Discount Tire, in Southern Califunnyia.

The store is know as Americas Tire company or American Tire co in that area because of some company having the "Discount Tire" name tied up in that area.

Anyway, as of the first of the year, 2010 the company picked up all unopened boxes of WW from stores in Califunnyia and shipped them out of state to where they were still legal to use.

Open boxes were supposed to go to the recyclers.

Discusting, considering this son shot his share of cast boolits while young and at home.

Keep em coming!

Crusty Deary Ol'Coot