PDA

View Full Version : New to forum and casting first ww purchase

Mrbrent
04-29-2011, 10:29 AM
Hi everyone, great site here! I am just begining this whole casting thing and read tons and found this site very useful. I started my journey looking for ww a few weeks ago and haven't had any luck just yet but will keep at it. I happen to be on vacation in the Phoenix area and went shooting with my cousin and he pointed out an ad posted at the range for ww ingots so I called the guy and ended up getting 100 lbs of nice ingots for .75 cents a pound. I was pretty happy about that. It will get me up and running and allow me to shoot the 45 more lol. I am sure I will be back to the forum many times with questions!

bumpo628
04-29-2011, 11:14 AM
Any time you can get lead locally less than $1 / lb, get it.
You can always buy lead in the vendor sales or swappin & sellin section here for $1/lb if you need more later.

It is good to keep the burden off the USPS as much as possible so they don't change the rules and lower the weight limit in their flat rate boxes.

WILCO
04-29-2011, 11:44 AM
Hi everyone, great site here!

Welcome aboard!

Huntducks
04-29-2011, 11:45 AM
Welcome :drinks:

I have been casting for years and always pick up something here.

chambers
04-29-2011, 10:35 PM
There is so much information here, you can read every night and learn a ton!

Mrbrent
04-29-2011, 11:20 PM
Thanks for the welcomes.
I got a new Dan Wesson CCO I need to feed lots of lead through. I will keep reading. Made a trip to the .99 cent store tonight and stocked up on stainless spoons and a ladle.