PDA

View Full Version : WW shoppin today

odinohi
04-28-2011, 07:29 PM
I stopped by the local Chevy dealer today and asked for ww's. The guy that was there told me that there were a couple of different guys competing over them, but I would have to talk to the service manager. He wasnt around so I left (didnt feel like waiting, it was getting close to5:00pm and had other places to check). I drove down the road about 300 yards and stopped at a Honda dealer. I talked to the service manager and we walked out to the balance room to see what they had. They had about a half a 5 gallon bucket. I asked him what they wanted for it and he said that a guy comes in and pays 75-100 for a full bucket. I told him politely to have a nice day. WOW, I'm still kinda in shock over that one. By the way, I did stop at another place and got 2/3rds of a bucket for a better price, then stopped by a little mom/pop shop and got about a full bucket for FREE. The guy where I got the 2/3rds bucket said he had two full buckets at home that were very old. He asked me if I was interested and I said "well ya". He is gonna load them up and bring them in tommorrow. Looks like I'll be smelting all weekend in my little 7 quart kettle. It wasnt a bad day after all, but the best part was babysitting my 2 year old grandson. He's such a easy going kid, for me anyhow. Mom and Dad is a different story. Thanks for listening to my rant. Tom

badbob454
04-29-2011, 02:09 AM
the free stuff is getting hard to come by good job , and happy shootin

fredj338
04-29-2011, 02:59 AM
Good score! I don;t actively look anymore, but I always ask if in any type of auto service place. Paying customers almost always get preference.