PDA

View Full Version : On sale at Midway - during MAY

Crusty Deary Ol'Coot
04-28-2011, 01:43 PM
Bench mounted priming tool -------

This may not be the best price available, but it is worth checking!

This is the best priming tool I have used in my many years of reloading. Have used mine for something over 10 years.

The Midway # is #457-599, reg. price $94.99, sale price during May, $84.99.

This is a bench mounted priming tool and is very quick to use. It comes with 2 priming tubes, one each large and small, and you use your reloading press shell holders during the operation.

I first tried a Forester bench priming tool, and found within minutes, that it was a piece of junk! Bad design in a number of ways. It quickly went back in the box and was returned for the RCBS unit.

I bought the Forester first due to price, but like they say, you get what you pay for.

And, while your at it and adding another bench mounted tool to your reloading equipment, you really should look into my thoughts for the underbench receiver system which keeps your bench top hole free and allows for rapid change over between tools.

Keep em coming!

Crusty Deary Ol'Coot

Love Life
04-28-2011, 04:30 PM
"And, while your at it and adding another bench mounted tool to your reloading equipment, you really should look into my thoughts for the underbench receiver system which keeps your bench top hole free and allows for rapid change over between tools."

Coot- I am all ears on this system. How does it work?

bumpo628
04-28-2011, 04:49 PM
It's on sale now:
http://www.midwayusa.com/viewproduct/?productnumber=457599

How do you fill the primer tubes?

telebasher
04-28-2011, 05:28 PM
Use a primer flip tray to orient your primers upside down, hold your tube upside down like a pencil and push down on the primer . The snap clip in the end will retain the primers. On the other end are two holes to insert a snap clevis pin, then turn right side up and insert tube in the carrier bar and pull clevis pin and you're ready to go. No the primers won't detonate! I've done tens of thousands, just be sure to use the clevis pin before you turn the loaded tube right side up!!

Crusty Deary Ol'Coot
04-28-2011, 06:01 PM
Thanks for the info telebasher! You answered that quite well so no need for me to go any further.

Love Life,

The under bench reciever system is a set of "receiver" tubes like the trailer hitch receiver on the back of a car/pickup into which you incert the stinger or male portion of the system.

The reloading tools are mounted to the male part.

There can be a number of receivers under the bench, depending on how big/long the bench is or it can just be a single receiver in which you exchange tools as needed.

On my system, I have three sets of receivers under my bench. My Hornady LNL progressive usually is in one set, the Rockchucker in the second and in the third is where I change between the two luber/sizers, the two trimmers, the shot shell press, the priming tool, the powder measure etc.

Sorry, but seems like I haven't figured out how to send out images on the net, but for those who have shown an interest in the past, I send them a CD with images and a cover letter giving tips and pointers to the system.

Think at times that I should start building and selling the systems.

I have seen great and nicely done bench top systems with interchangeable plate or rails inset into the bench top, but not a one compairs with the under bench system.

This system leaves the bench top completely free of any cuts/grooves/holes etc.

Keep em coming!

Crusty Deary ol'Coot