PDA

View Full Version : CA and Glock Visit Angeles Shooting Range

9.3X62AL
12-16-2006, 10:46 AM
Got an invite to meet a friend at ASR on Thursday, and since Marie keeps dragging her feet about a desert trip to shoot--I seized this oppurtunity to give the new Glock 21 (45 ACP) its maiden voyage. Also along for the ride was the near-new CZ-75 in 40 S&W.

It has been a while since I last fired a Glock pistol, and I had forgotten how esy they are to shoot and operate. Ugly as sin itself, but revolver-simple and smooth as butter. We ran about 175 rounds through it, all factory 230 grain RN FMJ. Its second and third magazine-ful each produced one bobble about half-way through each mag, failures to feed that I assign to new-gun stiffness. No failures of any kind occurred after those were cleared. We collected samples of fired brass from the Glock, my S&W 645, and my buddy's Kimber 1911A1 target to do measurements upon--this to assess reloadability of brass fired in the Glock chamber vs. acquiring an aftermarket barrel. More on that to follow.

The CZ-75 got a long test drive with cast boolits.......and DAMN, does it shoot them well!! I had a mix of Western Nevada commercial ane Lee home-cast 175-180 grain boolits loaded over 4.7 grains of WW-231. We ran over 200 of these through the pistol--zero leading, zero stoppages, and if we did our part the pistol tore up the 50 yard impact plates. One of these was a 5" circle, and I managed to ring it 8 out of 10 shots with one magazine, a performance I won't soon duplicate. This sort of epiphany has the bad habit of usually occurring when I'm unaccompanied, so having others looking on during its execution was nice. Hit rate at 50 yards overall was about 60%, while the 35 yard targets got whacked about 85%-90%. No, I'm no bullseye shooter--for sure. I really, REALLY like this pistol.

9.3X62AL
12-16-2006, 10:49 AM
Can't see for &^#@ after the laser treatment yesterdqy......sheesh! CZ pistol, NOT CA.