PDA

View Full Version : Any idea where this lead came from?

eastwa
04-27-2011, 11:40 PM
From a local classifieds ad:

http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l42/eastwa/lead.jpg

Aprox 90 lbs, aprox .50/lb. I would have to drive 30 miles to pick it up...

Seller info: :The source for part of the lead was from a lead sink, the rest I don't recall where it's from. No idea what the BHN hardness is. It is in pieces maybe 12-14" in length and anywheres from one quarter inch thick to one-eighth inch thick. It is rather soft lead and is in good shape."

Huntducks
04-28-2011, 02:07 AM
It's most likely pure lead they used lead sinks in chemistry classes at older HS and Colleges I took out 20 or so at a local JC 15yrs ago

Hardcast416taylor
04-28-2011, 09:14 AM
I wouldn`t think about it too long! I`d grab it up in a heartbeat since it is probably pure soft lead. The fingernail scratch test can give you a fair idea if it is soft lead. What sort of price are they asking for the total amount?Robert

GRUMPA
04-28-2011, 09:30 AM
I wouldn`t think about it too long! I`d grab it up in a heartbeat since it is probably pure soft lead. The fingernail scratch test can give you a fair idea if it is soft lead. What sort of price are they asking for the total amount?Robert

I'd be like duck on a bug with that deal. Go get it with that .50lb price it's nothing to concern yourself with.[smilie=w:

xr650
04-28-2011, 09:36 AM
I will buy lead at .50/pd. The cost of the trip will make it cost more.

The add says it is in good shape. It would be a sad state of affairs if it was in a twisted mass of a lump and you had to melt it down or something. :shock:
Have a day.

captaint
04-28-2011, 07:13 PM
If it were me, I would drive the 30 miles and go get it!! In its present form, it's even easy to handle.... Mike